94.

Storm troopers loaded into a ship in the hanger of the star destroyer. Equppied with blasters as well as stun guns, the soldiers were given the objective of capturing the neighbouring ship's inhabitants and to bring them to Darth Vader alive. It was an important aspect of their orders, because if it was discovered that the Jedi prisoners were killed in the crossfire, the storm troopers had to be prepared to be Force crushed by Darth Vader himself.

The ship rose from the hanger floor and was cleared to depart. The jets powered it out into space and the pilot curved around the star destroyer in the direction of their target. The troopers were prepared for a difficult capture, but in their numbers, they believed that they could overpower the Jedi. How powerful could a handful of religious monks be?

Darth Vader had returned to his quarters for a moment of clarity. With the door locked, he pulled off his black mask and placed it on the silk-sheeted bed. As the eyes of the soulless face stared at the opposite wall, its wearer was able to breathe on his own and took the time to feel the Force signature that was yet to fade from his proximity.

He wanted to curl up in his bed and spend hours staring at the white flame. With its divine purity, Vader felt as if he was seeing the light side of the Force for the first time. It had been absent in his aura long enough for him to forget why the previous Republic's made the light side the centre of their values. The Jedi were foolish and naïve, Vader still believed that, but with all the hatred and darkness he had been surrounded with, he remembered why he had been adamant on bringing peace to the galaxy when he was a mere Padawan.

With a shaky breath, Darth Vader looked to the desk that was covered in mechanical parts and circuits. The lightsaber that had belonged to Anakin Skywalker sat abandoned against the wall, and was yet to be taken into Vader's hands since it was brought to him from Tatooine. It brought the painful thoughts of Obi-wan Kenobi, and how it was possible that the man had been with Sol for all these years in Vader's absence. But beside the lightsaber of Vader's time as a Jedi, was a half-completed project of rose and cream-coloured droid parts.

He had been working on something for a long time, and with the possibility of seeing Sol drawing closer, Vader was excited at presenting to her what he had worked on. He knew that the Emperor would be disappointed to hear that Vader was spending his time working on pointless things, but the Emperor didn't have to know about Vader's private hobbies. And he especially didn't have to know about the plan Vader had been brewing in his time as the Emperor's apprentice.

---

Ahsoka's T6 ship was able to make out of the star destroyer's range before their controls could be locked. But their hyperdrive was still disabled, so the Jedis' only way of escaping the Empire's destroyer, was from Ahsoka's piloting skills. And at the extra ship that appeared on the scanner, Ahsoka knew that she had to be at her best.

'We've got incoming,' Sol informed while looking at the scanner. 'Is there a gunner on this ship?'

'Yes. It's through the training room-'

'You have a training room?' 

Ahsoka gave Sol a 'now-is-not-the-time' look, and Sol closed her inquisitive lips. Instead, Sol undid her seatbelt and rushed out of the cockpit. From the rush of their situation, the poncho over Sol's Jedi robes and utility belt became unbearable. As she ran through the ship and passed the training room, Sol grabbed the hem of the poncho and pulled it over her head. In a hurry, she threw the poncho into the corner before arriving in the gun room.

The gun room held a singular chair and when Sol settled into it, she grabbed the two joysticks on either of the chair's armrests. She jumped when the chair moved and caught sight of the gun that sat below her on the outside of the ship. Sol could see the star destroyer and the ship that dispatched from its hanger through the glass of the gun room, and she hurriedly put on the headset that connected to the cockpit.