71.

'All legions have been checked for any hostile behaviour and of any symptoms that were similar to that of the attack. Everything is clear.'

Anakin stood with the members of the Jedi Council that weren't on missions off-world, as well as clone Captain Des. In the hallway outside the med bay, Master Windu, Master Kolar and Anakin gathered as the remaining Council in the Jedi Temple as they discussed the incident with Sol's legion captain. While Sol was being treated for her wounds, Anakin stood with his hands in the sleeves of his over robe and his mind running with questions that he yearned to have answered.

'This seemed to have been an isolated incident,' Captain Des said with his helmet underneath his arm. 'Whether this attack was intended to be for General Sol, I don't know, but as she was the only one in corridor at the time, we could assume that it was at random-'

'Impossible,' Anakin cut off the clone captain. 'Len has never shown any form of violence towards a Jedi in his entire time in the 501st. There were Jedi in the cafeteria where he was last seen, and there was no sign of an attack. It was not random. He sorted Sol out through the temple.'

'How do you know this, Skywalker?' Master Windu stopped Anakin and the two met eyes. While Master Windu looked at the younger man with a pointed look, Anakin struggled to keep his composure. Sol was in the med bay with two blaster wounds, and Windu dared to ask Anakin how he knew that Sol was personally attacked. He wanted nothing more than to leave the man unanswered, as he knew it would irritate him to no end. But Windu was still his superior, whether Anakin liked it or not.

'Isn't it obvious?' Anakin scoffed and gestured a hand to the door of the med bay. 'Len sought to kill Sol away from everyone else! This attack is similar to that of the one in the hanger! We should hold a meeting to find where this originated from as we did before!'

Master Kolar and Master Windu stood with their expressions unmoving. Captain Des had stepped away from the Jedi Masters where the tension grew thick and decided to enter the med bay to talk to his legion's general. Anakin barely noticed the departure of the clone captain and looked between the two Masters that were yet to show a willingness to investigate the attack. His head whipped between the two, desperate to find even an ounce of care for their fellow Jedi, but he saw close to nothing.

'Remember why you are on the Council, Anakin. Being the Chancellor's representative does not warrant an authority to call a meeting,' Master Windu said, his dark eyes boring into Anakin's with dislike. 'There will be no meeting. It was an isolated attack, and Council members are too busy with their missions to be pulled from their duties. All legions have been checked and Master Sol, I'm sure, is set to make a full recovery. That is the end of the discussion.'

Anakin was gob-smacked. Master Windu and Master Kolar turned away and headed down the hallway without entering the med bay and talking with Sol themselves. Anakin stood with his arms now slack by his sides and his jaw hanging open. He watched the Masters leave with such shock and anger that the light sconces on the walls shook from the strong feelings in the Force. The bulbs flickered and if someone had passed, they would have thought that a small tremor had occurred on Coruscant to cause such a disturbance in the temple hall.

How could they do this? How could they be so unbothered by the fact that another attack had happened within the Jedi Temple? The last attack had warranted for a trial, which had been mistakenly endured by Ahsoka, and the Order realised that the temple was no longer safe from separatist terrorism. But Master Windu didn't seem to think that the attack on one of the Jedi Masters of the Jedi Council was worthy of even a meeting. Why was Master Yoda not calling for a meeting at the news of his ex-Padawan's attack in the temple halls? Sol had been attacked by a clone; one of their own soldiers, and nothing was going to be done about it.