106.

'Why is the Emperor transferring me to the Death Star?'

Once Sol was behind the solid door of Vader's training room, she asked the dying question that even he didn't know. Judging by Vader's reaction to Grand Admiral Thrawn's interaction with Sol, it seemed that the Emperor's decision was made without the knowledge of his own apprentice. But after the journey to the east wing, and with her Force-retraining cuffs inactive on the floor, Sol couldn't help but ask the man who stood in the middle of the dimly lit room.

But Darth Vader said nothing. He let Sol's arm go from his grip and stood a distance away from her in silence. With his caped back facing the Jedi, Darth Vader asked the same question in his thoughts. He heard Sol's inquiring, but was too busy compiling the possibilities of reason for the Emperor's private request.

What was Palpatine planning? Was he seeing no progress in Vader's way of changing Sol to the dark side? Did he wish to take his own approach with Sol?

Vader didn't wouldn't want any of these other questions answered. The Death Star wasn't completed, yet the Emperor wanted Sol's immediate transfer, and didn't inform his apprentice of his orders. Something was wrong.

'Anakin-'

'That is not my name.'

Sol jumped from the boom of Vader's voice. She sometimes used his previous name subconsciously, but at his immediate reply, Sol thought that perhaps she should use it all the time. Besides, the name 'Darth Vader' was the one that Sol had spent all this time fearing. Anakin was the one she still dreamed of, and the one Sol saw in Luke's eyes, and in Leia's voice.

Sol bit her lip when Vader turned to face her and dreaded to see his gloved hands rise to the bottom of his mask. She sucked in a breath when the face of Anakin Skywalker appeared and felt a familiar shiver down her spine when she saw yellow eyes instead of Anakin's blue ones. The dark skin surrounding them reminded Sol that the dark side still infected the ex-Jedi. But just like before, Sol felt herself slipping at the familiarity of Anakin's face.

His blonde hair curled at its ends and Sol remembered how soft it used to be through her fingers. The way his eyelashes curled almost made up for the fact that his irises were ringed with a fiery red, and when Vader saw the way Sol looked at him, he knew that he had captured her once again. A smirk wanted to grow on his lips, but he resisted it, and chose to slowly make his way towards the quiet woman instead.

Vader left his black mask abandoned on the floor, and tried to appear as innocent as he could. With a high brow and smiling lips, the Sith felt Sol's signature simmering just how he liked it. Although he was enchanted by its purity and white glow, to see it darken would mean that Sol was allowing the dark side to take over. It would be even more beautiful if it wasn't riddled with the lies of the light side of the Force.

'Don't fret, my love. I won't let the Emperor do anything to you,' his voice was low; dangerously low. Sol's knees weakened and the urge to fidget in nervousness overcame her fingers. Vader was getting closer and the softness in his smile, that was worn by his hidden smirk, made Sol whimper.

'Ani...'

'No,' his gloved fingers touched her chin and tilted her head upwards. 'Not Ani, remember? He couldn't help you. He was weak and he couldn't protect you.

Don't you remember, Solaris? Remember how many times you were hurt because of him? On Yavin? In the temple? I would never let that happen to you. I can help you, Sol. I am more powerful than he could ever be.'

Sol leaned towards his hand that looped a fallen hair behind her ear. Vader was close and he looked down at her with what Sol almost fell for as care and love. With lowering eyelids, Sol stood on her toes to meet Vader's lips that were waiting for hers. His hand had fallen onto her cheek, and Sol imagined it as the one gloved limb that Anakin had. It was him; she was sure of it. Anakin was still there.