54.

'Just make sure the generators don't freeze. Use Captain Des to his full potential, and you'll be fine.'

'Thank you, Obi-wan. I'm sure we will see you soon. If there's any updates, please contact me.'

In the hanger of the ice cave, Obi-wan's ship was being prepared by the 336th legion. As clones walked back and forth in their white coats and snow boots, the same face occupied the hanger that held the ships of the party. The interceptor was ready to take-off, and it was awaiting its pilot. But the farewell was long, as Sol was drawing out the last-minute advice in an attempt to keep Obi-wan on Hoth.

'Remember Sol, there is help at hand,' Obi-wan lowered his head to make sure Sol could hear him. 'If you need assistance, we will send someone out to you. But if everything goes to plan, I know you won't need it.'

Sol let a smile tug onto her lips and when Obi-wan's hand relaxed on her shoulder, she felt a warm comfort in her chest. Whether it was his presence through the Force, or just the feeling of being trusted, Sol's muscles ceased from their tense state. For a moment, she felt like she could take over the mission without any hiccups. 

The Jedi Master smiled down at her with his eyes filled with trust, and Sol could see that Obi-wan was genuine in his words. He had prepared her with what she would need on Hoth and he had thought of every situation that could threaten the security of the mission. Obi-wan was ready to head back to Coruscant into the threat of terrorism, but he knew that he would left someone in charge who was capable of carrying out the mission.

'Send my support to Ahsoka,' Sol said with a small mist of smoke exhaling from her breath. 'May the Force be with you.'

'May the Force be with you, Sol. Good luck.'

Obi-wan turned to head towards his ship. Sol stepped out of the interceptor's runway path and stood with the clones who had run the required maintenance on its engine. Obi-wan could be seen in the cockpit while R4-P17 was secured in the wing. The droid was upset to be leaving the planet without being able to venture across its terrain, but Sol was glad to not be responsible for the fearless droid.

The engines roared and Obi-wan could be seen communicating with R4 through the windows of the cockpit. Sol felt the inevitable dread fill her stomach as Obi-wan's ship rose from the floor and headed for the ice cave's opening. She felt the need to leap in front to stop the Master from leaving her alone on Hoth, and she clenched her glove hands to stop herself from traumatising the entire 336th legion with her certain death. With a clench of her teeth, Sol watched Obi-wan leave the hanger and fly out into the snowy air. As the sounds of engines faded, she knew that the man had exited Hoth's atmosphere, and she was now in charge.

'We can no longer contact General Kenobi, ma'am. He has left the Hoth system through hyperspace,' Captain Des informed Sol as he stopped next to his general. Sol glanced to her Captain and thanked him, before looking to the hanger's entrance in hopes that Obi-wan's ship would reappear.

'Are you alright, General?' a clone asked from her left.

'Yes,' Sol replied and forced a smile. 'Don't worry about me, guys. I'm sure that things will blow over back home, and we'll return without a worry.'

---

Sol's definition of a hummanoid, was that of a clone. Without another face in the icy base, Sol knew what the next person looked like when she walked to the control room, to the hanger, and to her sleeping quarters. Clad in her blue coat that she was sure had begun to smell from its everyday use, Sol passed clones in their white coats and dark hair every hour of every day. The only thing that kept her sane in between duties was meditation, where she rid her mind of the clones and thought about places like Naboo, a summer sunset on Coruscant, and what it was like to be in the presence of Anakin.