65.

Coruscant's night lights were always to die for, but looking out at the lit-up buildings and passing speeders from the new balcony was its own unique experience. Without the looming Jedi Temple standing menacingly in the distance, Sol could look out to the city without being reminded of what could happen if the Order were to see her in Padme's apartment. She could stand while wearing one of Padme's thin dressing gowns and let her mind wander with the scenery of twinkling lights and with her lover standing behind her.

Anakin had walked out from their new private bedroom and was leaning against one of the grand pillars. Still in his dark Jedi robes, he stared at the woman who watched the world go by with her hair in tendrils down her back, and with her slender figure highlighted in pink silk. Anakin could feel his chest widening at the happiness that dwelled in his heart and an uncontrollable smile grew on his tanned face.

'I can't believe she did this for us, Ani,' Sol said still in awe. Her eyes followed a speeder that passed with a man and his young daughter in the passenger seat. She beamed at the sight of the smile on the father's face as the daughter danced to the music that was playing on the radio, before the speeder drove out of the balcony's view.

'It's extremely generous,' Anakin answered while he pushed off the pillar. He took slow steps across the living space, taking in Sol's back profile with his wandering eyes, before he stopped behind her. At the sensing of his presence, Sol turned around and looked up to the man she adored. When her round face with her plump lips and sparkling purple eyes turned into view, Anakin felt a tingle in his fingers at the desire to take hold of her cheeks into hands.

'She can see that we're worthwhile,' Anakin mumbled, giving in to the urge to cup Sol's face. The warmth of her cheeks blessed his left hand, and it disappointed him that he couldn't feel the softness through his leather glove and robotic limb. His bionic fingers yearned for the opportunity to feel Sol's skin that was softer than her silk robe, but Anakin would suffice with her wonders through his one hand.

'I hope everyone else doesn't see it. Obi-wan worried me today,' Sol admitted.

'What do you mean?'

'When you went with the Chancellor, Obi-wan said that I could trust him to keep all my secrets. I usually wouldn't think anything of it, but he gave me a look that was different. I don't know if... he has suspicions about us.' 

Anakin's thumbs were caressing the skin of Sol's cheeks when they paused in their circles. The mention of Obi-wan's name had not affected Anakin's Force signature, but when Sol finished, she looked into the Force and saw the soft orange darken. It wasn't enough to turn red, but it effected it enough to make Sol place her own hand over his on her cheek.

'What did he say? Was he accusing you?' Anakin questioned with his blue eyes frantically searching hers. He leaned forward as his tone grew more intense making their noses brush as he spoke.

'Not at all. He wasn't upset and didn't explicitly say that he knew, but I just couldn't help but think that was what he meant. Maybe I'm overthinking,' Sol shook her head with a dismissive smile on her face. 'Obi-wan's always been very understanding, Ani. Maybe... maybe we should tell him-'

'Absolutely not.' 

Sol was shocked when Anakin pulled his hand away from her cheek and stepped away from her. She reached out at the loss of his warmth but stopped when Anakin turned around to descend into the lowered living space. Sol stood with wide eyes as Anakin threw himself down onto the sofa, spreading his legs apart and leaning forward to balance his elbows on his knees. He looked down at the floor with his head lowered and his shaggy hair skimming his nape. 

Sol was wary after his reaction and went down the three steps carefully. When she stopped next to him, she noticed that Anakin was avoiding looking up at her. His expression looked contorted with his brow low over his eyes and his lip parted in thought.