8.

Anakin's hands tightened around the steering rods. The sound of Sol's voice was both irritating and alluring. He thought that her constant contradiction of his actions would have swayed his feelings to despise Sol entirely. But against his better judgement, his insides still churned whenever she spoke to him.

'If you two spent as much time working on your saber skills as you do on your wits, you would rival Master Yoda as swordsmen,' Obi-wan shook his head with his arms crossed over his chest in disapproval.

'I thought I already did,' Anakin snickered as he looked at Sol, who rolled her eyes in reply.

'Only in your mind, my very young apprentice,' Obi-wan said from the backseat.

The chase through the city was intense. Sol gripped the door of the speeder and ducked when blasts flew over their heads from the assassin they chased. Anakin did his best to avoid traffic and steer them out of the firing line, but Obi-wan and Sol feared for their lives as a result of his driving more than from the assassin's blaster.

Through a construction site and electric-current gates, which stunned the three for a few moments, they were still on the assasin's tale. But it was futile when they lost sight of them through the traffic and chaos. They had gone through passageways and even turned into oncoming traffic at one point. But they had pulled to a stop, the defeat in Anakin sitting over the three of them like a blanket of disappointment.

'Well, you lost him,' Obi-wan huffed in annoyance.

'I'm deeply sorry, Master...'

'He went completely the other way. I knew you were getting ahead of yourself...'

Obi-wan continued to ramble on and the feeling of second embarrassment returned in Sol. Anakin hung his head low over the side of the speeder and if she didn't know any better, she would have thought he was subtly looking for the assassin's ship below them. She looked over her shoulder at Obi-wan who glared at the back of Anakin's head.

'We'll head back to Senator Amidala,' Sol suggested to try and lighten the situation. 'It's only a matter of time before another bounty hunter turns up-'

'Excuse me for a moment!' Anakin suddenly leapt out of the driver's seat and over the side of the speeder. Sol let out a yelp and rushed to look over the side, Obi-wan doing the same in the backseat. They watched as Anakin's figure grew smaller and smaller as he fell through speeder lanes, avoiding vehicles as he tilted from side to side.

'Does he always do that?' Sol questioned.

'Yes, and I absolutely despise it,' Obi-wan hummed.

---

Sol didn't know how, but her speeder made it to the parking lot on a level just below the bustling lanes of the city. Obi-wan manoeuvred them down to catch up to Anakin, who somehow crashed the speeder that the assasin they were after was trying to escape in. She had seen him take a tumble as the ship crashed and saw him break into a sprint to catch the culprit.

Clutching Anakin's lightsaber that he had lost in the scuffle, Sol followed Obi-wan through the lower level of the city. She glanced back at her bright yellow speeder and hoped that the sight of their lightsaber-equipped belts would deter anyone from trying to steal it. It wasn't safe on this level to be blaring anything that could be of value, hence why the bounty hunter decided to slip into a nightclub to hide from the Jedi.

'Anakin!' Obi-wan called, stopping his student from running after them.

'She went into the club, Master!' he gestured inside while bouncing on his heels. He was close to catching the assasin and was ready to prove that the chase wasn't for nothing, but Obi-wan's wisdom stopped him in his brash tracks.