38.

'How is this possible? Shan's ancestors were two of the most powerful Jedi there ever was.'

'It appears that Theron is skilled in other areas, like combat, but without a connection to the Force, we cannot train him.'

'I suppose it can't be helped...'

'Satele has accomplished a great deal in her years, but I fear that General Malcom has hindered her focus.'

'That is out of my control. For now, I will guide the child to his rightful destiny.'

---

With a jolt, Sol awoke from her dream. It was the same as before; she couldn't see who was talking nor hear anything other than the words exchanged between two people. At least this time, she was aware of who Satele Shan was, and that the child they were referring to, was her child and Sol's ancestor, Theron Shan.

Arching her back, Sol realised that she had fallen asleep while in the cave of the first Jedi Temple. Still trapped by a droid separatist army on the island of Ahch-To, Sol sat against the uncomfortable wall near the opening of the cave. Her head had lolled to the side in her sleep, making her neck ache, and her arms were crossed to harness some warmth inside her dark brown over robe.

At the sound of mumbles, Sol shuffled around to look into the cavern, where she saw Anakin stood with his back to her. From the position of his forearm up to his mouth and his gloved hand on his hip, Sol assumed he was talking on his commlink.

'Looks like there are four ships on the island, sir,' Captain Rex could be heard through the wristband. 'We were able to retreat into a small cave on the side of the mountain. But there are droids everywhere, sir. I don't think we'll be able to make it through them to get to you and Commander Sol. I'm sorry, sir...'

'Thank you, Rex. They won't search through the night, but let's hope that Obi-wan is on his way,' Anakin replied quietly, but Sol stretched her hearing with the Force to listen. 'Stay safe, Rex.'

'You, too, sir. Over and out.'

At the silencing of Captain Rex's voice, Sol felt an ache in her chest; not from the Force, but from the guilt. Just as they were, the 501st legion were trapped. The clone captain didn't sound panicked nor hopeless, but Sol was aware that the clones withheld their true emotions for the sake of battle, and for their allegiance to the Jedi Order. They were soldiers, and death was just a consequence of war.

Sol pushed her back off the wall and looked down at her legs. Her lightsaber was beside her and the sky outside had dimmed for the night. Stars were twinkling and the two small moons that sat in the Ahch-To system could be seen rising high. She heard the waves crash and foam, and the winds whistled past the cave's opening. If Sol hadn't found the temple, they would have frozen without the proper insulated clothing that was back at the camp.

At the sound of scuffed footsteps, Sol angled her gaze up to see Anakin approaching. His boots were loud as they echoed throughout the temple and Sol yearned for his eyes to meet hers. She wanted to talk to him, apologise to him, say anything that would ease the anxiety ball that weighed on her chest. She knew Anakin was upset with her actions and feared for the safety of his clone legion, who were alone without a commander. At the knowledge of this, the guilt ate at Sol's being, almost to point of tears pinging to her eyes.

She watched Anakin stop at the wall opposite Sol before he lowered himself down to sit at her level. With his back against the rock wall, Anakin's legs stretched out in front of him, making the soles of his boots to be a metre away from Sol's. Sol winced when the back of Anakin's head thudded against the rock wall, but when he made no noise with his neck stretched back, she swallowed dryly.