103.

The Resistance launched their attack on the Imperial star destroyer in the Hoth system. X-wings and starfighters blasted at the ship's shields, and TIE fighters were dispatched to try and regain the advantage. The cry of the Imperial ships sounded as they curved in formation, and the Resistance broke from their groups to avoid the lethal blasts.

'The Captain is about to jump!' a rebel pilot said into his helmet's microphone. 'Let's keep them busy!'

The message was heard in all Resistance ship cockpits, and they continued their distraction while the Captain's ship prepared its hyperdrive. 

Padme was in the cockpit with her lieutenant in the pilot seat. She watched her men and women of all species twist and turn with TIE fighters hot on their tails. She longed to help them, but if she were to fall in the battle, their branch of the Resistance would be without a leader. Mothma was counting on Padme to run the division and relocate the Resistance to Yavin 4, where a new base was awaiting their arrival.

'Ahsoka should be here by now,' Revan arrived in the cockpit as the lieutenant finished typing in their coordinates on the controls. 'We can't jump yet.'

'We don't have time. Tano knows where we're going. We'll meet her there,' the lieutenant said without looking over his shoulder at the Jedi. Revan looked at Padme with a desperate expression, but the Captain's hands were tied.

'I'm sorry, Revan. So many are struggling out there already. We can't wait,' Padme said, her tone soft and sympathetic. She knew that pilots were waiting desperately for her ship's departure, as they would be cleared to follow once the Captain had jumped to hyperspace. Every ship that was hit was another life lost, and Padme couldn't bare any unnecessary deaths for her benefit.

Revan sighed and turned to leave the cockpit. In his grey attire, the Jedi walked down the hall and headed for a quiet place where he could meditate. He needed some time to think, and being at peace was something that Revan hadn't been able to accomplish for a while. Without his wife by his side, Revan struggled to find things to be content with, or to feel joyful about. He needed to reconnect with the Force and strengthen his bond with the light side.

On his way, he passed C3-PO and R2. The droids had the privilege of being transported on the safest ship in the Resistance (besides Mon Mothma's personal vessel). With the information they had on secret plans and their extensive access to lists of rebel member contacts, the two droids were listed as precious cargo.

'Oh, Artoo, I'm beginning to forget what being at home feels like,' C3-PO said. The golden droid was strapped into a seat while R2 had locked his wheels and clamped his legs to the floor. He would hate to end up on the other side of the ship when it jumped to hyperspace.

'You only remember two places; Naboo and Hoth. How could you possibly forget what being at home feels like?' R2 whistled sassily.

'I don't know, Artoo. Sometimes I... feel like there is so much more to what I can remember,' C3-PO said with a shake of his head. He sounded upset, and R2's domed head swiveled around to look at the droid he's known for years. 

Although C3-PO was incapable of showing human emotions, R2 observed how the droid looked out ahead with his glowing eyes somehow even more distant than they usually were. The black lock on C3-PO's chest plate was the origin of the droid's emotional dilemma, and R2 turned away with a sad boop. He wanted his friend back, but he couldn't restore his memory logs without jeoparadising the Resistance.

The Captain's ship jumped to hyperspace and the Resistance pulled back from their attack. As they all prepared to follow, a familiar T6 1974 ship appeared from its own jump through hyperspace. It joined the rebels with the coordinates for Yavin already in its controls, and the remainder of the Resistance left the Hoth system in a silenced boom.