81.

'You could have been the Chosen One! It was said that you could destroy the Sith, not join them! You could have brought balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!'

'I hate you!'

'You were my brother, Anakin... I loved you. Sol loved you...'

---

Sol remained on the platform next to the Naboo ship's ramp. C3-PO had already warned Sol that they should leave Mustafar as the rivers of lava had risen from the fall of large tower. The stream was angry, and the fumes of volcanic particles would soon clog the skriff's engines beyond repair. There was also the urgency for Padme to see a medic, even though her vitals were showing to be stable. But Sol insisted that they wait for at least a minute longer, which turned into several minutes.

'That Artoo unit can only keep Threepio at bay for so long,' Revan said as he descended the ramp to where Sol stood. 'We need to go, Sol.' 

Sol didn't answer and continued to stare out to the river that took the two fighting Jedi with its current. She watched as if the two blue lightsabers would reappear, and their wielders would be all smiles after fighting out their frustrations. But this was no friendly spar, and it was likely that neither would return. Sol couldn't bare to think of that outcome and continued checking into the Force for the light that was still dwindling. She found relief in the fact that there was still the sense of good in its realm, and even though the dark had grown significantly in the past days, the light still fought for balance.

'Please, Sol, let's at least-'

'Shh!' 

Revan went to gasp at his cousin's rude silencing, before he followed her gaze to see the reason. A figure walked along the riverbank with his head hung low and his hair whipping in the hot wind. The walk was lonesome and as he arrived on the platform and Revan gulped at the telling face that the Jedi held. 

'Sol...' Revan turned to begin consoling the woman beside him, but she fled from his side.

Sol rushed to meet Obi-wan halfway and clenched her hands into fits in front of her chest. Her fingers threaded together and squeezed until her gloved knuckles turned white. Tears had already formed in her purple eyes, but she held them at bay with the hope of an unlikely surprise. The woman looked up at the Jedi Master and clenched her teeth together to stop a pre-empted sob from falling from her lips.

'Obi?' she whispered as she clung to the last shred of hope she had. 'Where's Anakin?' 

Obi-wan lifted his head and met the glassy eyes of the young, vulnerable woman. He felt a similar pain to when he held Master Qui-Gon in his arms as he asked Obi-wan to take Anakin in as his student. Sol reminded him of himself with her trusting look and pleading face. But he wouldn't dare compare himself to her, as that would be an insult. Sol was good, and had the will to hold on to the thought that anything could return to the light. Obi-wan had fallen far and believed that he was responsible for the fall of the Republic. Obi-wan thought that he was a traitor.

'I'm sorry... I'm sorry, Sol...' 

Anakin's lightsaber was clutched in Obi-wan's raised hand and Sol's head fell to look at its silver cannister. Along with his own lightsaber on his utility belt, Obi-wan held the weapon out and forced back the tears that threatened to fall from his weathered eyes. He couldn't believe that he had done what he thought he never would have to do. Master Qui-Gon trusted Obi-wan to guide Anakin to his correct destiny, and at the time, it was thought that he was the Chosen One. But Obi-wan hoped that his Master could see that there was no way that Anakin was the prophesized saviour to bring balance to the Force. And because of this, the galaxy was in turmoil.