53.

'I can't come back now, Anakin. We've only just settled the base!'

'If you want to contact the Council and tell them that, be my guest. But I refuse to speak to Windu anymore than I've already endured.'

Obi-wan let out a groan and put his hand to his forehead. Pushing back his hair that swept into his eyes, he eyed the small hologram of his ex-Padawan. Anakin's blue self stood on the floor of Obi-wan's sleeping quarters, and had been the cause of Obi-wan's deep stress. R4, who connected the transmission between the planets, was in transmission mode and kept still as she projected the Jedi Knight's image. While Anakin stood with his hands in the sleeves of his robe, Obi-wan's sitting figure was seen in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. He was informed about the hanger's explosion, and how a full investigation was currently underway with the Council at its head. This meant that all Jedi Masters were to return to the temple, and Obi-wan was light years away.

'Look, Anakin, you'll need to tell the Council that it will take me at least a few days to get back there. I have to leave Sol in charge of the plans and of the surveillance of Hoth, so there are things that need to be prepped before I can be at the temple,' Obi-wan said as he pulled his hand away from his face.

'I'll say what I can,' Anakin grumbled with a glance to somewhere off the hologram. 'How is Solaris in the snow? I bet she's complaining all the time-'

'I'm not complaining as much as you do when talking about Master Windu.'

Sol entered Obi-wan's sleeping quarters unannounced, making the man and Anakin's hologram turn to the door. She wasn't one to interrupt or barge into personal quarters, but when she heard Anakin's voice, and the way he was about to badmouth her, Sol had to intervene. Because of Obi-wan and Sol's recent heart-to-heart in the temporary hanger, Sol hoped that the Master wouldn't be too offended that she entered his quarters without an invitation.

While Obi-wan's attention was on the woman who entered his room, Anakin took the moment to stare at her new attire. With her large blue coat on, Sol threw herself down on the edge of Obi-wan's bed with some hardship. Her arms barely relaxed as she placed her fully gloved hands on her knees, which was the first time Anakin had seen her wearing gloves that weren't fingerless. Her hair was tied back in a low bun which was wrapped in braids to condense its size and allow her to pull her hood up over her head. When he saw the furry rim around the hood, Anakin wished he could see how Sol looked with it up and see her face amongst the white fluff.

'The temple's hanger has just been bombed,' Obi-wan informed her and her jaw dropped.

'What?!' she exclaimed, looking to Anakin's hologram. 'Today?!'

'This afternoon, yes. Unfortunately, some were in the hanger when it exploded. A few clones and a handful of Jedi, along with the maintenance droids. But luckily, Snips and Shan, who were nearby at the time, were fine.'

'Ahsoka was down there? Why?' Obi-wan questioned.

'She says she was waiting for Revan Shan, who was in the hanger. They made it down the hall before it happened, but they're being questioned by the Council as we speak.'

'Why would Ahsoka be near the hanger with Revan Shan?'

'They seem to have been rather close, lately. When I saw them this morning, they said they were going to the sparring yard. But when I found them, they were heading away from the hanger, which is several floors away. I get the feeling that Snips lied to me. Why? I'm not sure, but I'll be getting it out of her soon.'

While Obi-wan and Anakin talked, Sol sat in a pile of nerves. She knew why Ahsoka and Revan were down near the hanger today. She cursed herself for not trying to stop Ahsoka from following after Revan, but at the same time, she also wouldn't have liked to hear that Revan could have been hurt. But Ahsoka was under the impression that she was doing Sol a favour, and that if she could finally get the information that Sol was looking for, Ahsoka could say that she was the one to finally confirm that Sol was a part of the Shan family.