11.

Senator Padme had a meeting with the new queen of Naboo, and Anakin was acting bodyguard while in the conference. Sol was the one to keep watch of the perimeter and give updates through the commlink if anything was out of the ordinary. But when there didn't seem to be any suspicious activity, Sol gave into her desire to look at the scenery of the city.

Bathing in the sun rays, Sol took slow steps through the garden of the palace. With a large water fountain in the middle, grass was cut to perfection and butterflies and bees made their way through the native flowers. Hedges lined the sides of the garden and allowed some privacy from the traditional buildings that would otherwise see whoever tried to enjoy its beauty.

Sol wished she could take off her poncho and be in some thin clothes to feel the warm sunlight on her skin.Coruscant's city was too tall to see the sun in most parts, and sunburn was never a fear for any inhabitants. But on Naboo, Sol's skin yearned for its first licks of sunrays.

She let out a hum of content, even going as far as to close her eyes as she angled her face to the sky. It was euphoric, and she forgot about the memories she had been dwelling over from her childhood. They hurt to think about, and it was something that she usually used meditation to block from her mind. Master Yoda had trained her to let the Force bathe things in light and turn them into skills to make you stronger and one with the Force. But it seemed that all Sol really needed, was the sun.

But she was disturbed. A flicker in the Force made Sol open her eyes and turn to her right, where the hedges lined the garden. Squinting from the sunlight that her eyes weren't used to, Sol looked in the hedges that were tall and still from the lack of wind. A rustle disturbed the branches near the top of one hendge, and leaves dropped in clusters to the perfect grass below. A red light beamed from within and Sol was sure that something was watching her.

Taking her lightsaber from her belt, she lowered into a crouch. She then leapt into the air, the Force giving her a push to jump higher than normal. As she reached where the red light beamed, her lightsaber ignited and sliced through the hedge in a clean sweep. But the blade didn't cut through the red light as its origin shot out of the hedge before it could meet its end.

Sol landed on the ground in a crouch and watched as a droid flew overhead. It flew at such speed that Sol could only gather that it was dark grey and in the shape of a box. On the droid's back, were white blasters to give it jet power, and it sent it flying away from the palace and somewhere in the city. There was no way she would be able to catch it, but she could find whoever it belonged to. It might be working with whoever is out to murder Senator Padme.

'Hey!'

She halted in the leap she was about to take and looked to her right. Anakin descended the steps from the palace and into the garden, his pace quick and his lower-class poncho waving behind him. Through the squint he gave her, Sol could see that he wasn't in the greatest of moods.

'What did you do to that hedge? Queen Jamillia won't be pleased,' Anakin pointed at the top of the hedge Sol had sliced with her lightsaber. A bundle of leaves and branches sat on the grass in a heap, its original body now shorter than the others with a perfectly straight line as its head.

'There was a surveillance droid watching me in there,' Sol said as she gestured to the hedge. 'It flew off. I was going to follow it.'

'It might have been the palace's. And besides, you'll never catch a surveillance droid if it doesn't want to be caught,' Anakin informed. Sol rolled her eyes and glanced behind him, before looking back up at him when she saw he was alone.

'Where's the senator?'

'In the palace. She wanted to be alone with the queen for a moment.'

'Isn't that a little risky?'