59.

The Trade Federation cruiser was a maze of twists and turns. Without the map that Sol had stolen, the Jedi would be walking blind. Each hallway mirrored the next and if Sol wasn't careful, she could run into battle droids that roamed the ship with blasters in hand. But thanks to Sol's infiltration of the Trade Federation's systems when she snuck aboard, the map of the large cruiser was displayed in hologram form from the miniature file transporter in her hand. The hologram showed the cruiser's hanger, control room, and quarters where droids could be lingering. Since the separatists created an allegiance with the Trade Federation, it was safe to assume that there would be hostility at the sight of Jedi on every corner of the cruiser. But because of the commotion outside, Sol was slipping by unnoticed.

Sol followed the map down a hall of beige walls and smooth floors when she stopped. A large window sat conveniently to her left and she watched the battle that took place. Blasterfire and missiles shot through space with the planet Coruscant sitting sublimely in the background. Republican interceptors and x-wings fired at separatist starfighters, and the occasional sight of explosions danced along the void of space. With the capture of Chancellor Palpatine, the Galactic Republic were fiercely fighting to stop the fleet's leader, General Grievous, from entering hyperspace in the monstrous cruiser.

'Are you in position yet, Solaris?' Anakin's voice sounded from Sol's commlink. She was thankful for the fact that she had turned the volume down on her wristlet, but she still checked down the halls to ensure that no droids were incoming.

'Not yet. I'm nearly there,' she replied, her wrist to her lips to speak in a hush.

'Well, give us a signal when you are. I need to shake these blasted tri-fighters before we can even think of boarding,' Obi-wan said with frustation in his voice. Sol looked out the window to see Obi-wan's interceptor with its burgundy details being followed by attacking droid ships. Not far behind, was Anakin's yellow and grey starfighter, which tried to shoot down the locked tri-fighters. Even from inside the cruiser, Sol could still feel Anakin's signature, and was amazed at how he strategically flew throughout the battlefield with his blasters blazing.

'I still don't know how you guys do it,' Sol said in awe through her commlink. 'Those are beyond the drive of a speeder.'

'Good thing we're out here, and you're in there. So, get to work, bright eyes.'

Sol threw her arm down by her side with Anakin's final mockery. She reluctantly looked away from the window and continued down the hall with the cruiser's map in front of her. If she was reading it correctly, the next hall should lead to the control room, which would undoubtably be manned by a droid of some sort.

With a final turn, Sol paused at the sight of two battle droids standing guard at the end of the hall. In surprise, Sol shuffled back behind the corner in hopes that they didn't see her, but the nasal-induced voice of a battle droid travelled to her hiding spot.

'What was that?' one asked. 'Did you see that?'

'Go and check it out.'

'Roger roger.'

Sol wanted to groan as the sound of metal feet tapped against the floor in her direction. She pressed the file transporter to rid her of the cruiser's map and slipped the circular button into her pocket. Instead, she filled her hands with the handle of her lightsaber from her utility belt. With a finger over the ignition, Sol waited as the metal tapping got closer to her position.

'Hey! Hands up, Jedi-' 

The cyan blade buzzed as it formed from the silver cannister, and the droid was sliced in two. As the droid's parts crumbled to the floor in a heap with the blaster still in its hands, Sol stepped around the corner with her lightsaber at the ready. The second droid that was guarding the door to Sol's destination raised its blaster and shot across the corridor. Blasts of molten red headed Sol's way and the noise of her whizzing lightsaber and blasterfire filled the quiet ship.