75.

The winds of the city had dwindled to a light breeze and the office was exposed to it's sounds from its shattered window. Speeders passed in the night, unaware of the falling of a great Jedi warrior and were oblivious to the events in the Senate building that would change the future of the Galactic Republic.

Anakin's discarded lightsaber was grabbed from the floor as Anakin stepped away from the round seat. The hysterics he once felt had faded at the rising figure of Chancellor Palpatine, and the urges that Anakin had been feeling for years were finally satisfied. On his knees, Anakin Skywalker looked up to the man whose hood shadowed his sickly grey face, but the glow never dimmed from the Sith's bright, yellow eyes.

'You are fulfilling your destiny, Anakin,' Palpatine's voice dropped to a deadly tone. 'Become my apprentice. Learn to use the dark side of the Force.'

Palpatine threaded his hands together and grinned down at the young man. He could feel the desires that Anakin had suppressed for years come lose. They trickled through the bars of the prison that was inside Anakin's Force signature and the orange that once emitted warmth and welcoming, began to darken. He had murdered Mace Windu and three other Jedi Masters had been killed by the Chancellor, and it left Anakin had no choice. He feared losing the last thing that kept him sane, and Palpatine was the only person who offered that a sanctuary for him and Sol.

'I'll do whatever you ask...' Anakin said, his voice filled with anguish. The burning in his chest hurt to the point of flames nearly bursting from his insides. The dark side of the Force was clawing at his glow and at the strength it fed him, Anakin was letting it take hold.

'Just help me save Sol's life... I can't live without her,' the Skywalker looked down to the carpet beneath his knees. 'I won't let her die. I want the power to stop death...'

'To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret,' Palpatine cackled. Anakin was giving in to the hatred he felt, and everything Palpatine had worked for was finally coming together.

'I pledge myself to your teachings, to the ways of the Sith...'

'Good... good...the Force is strong with you,' Palpatine said as Anakin bowed his head. 'A powerful Sith, you will become. Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth Vader.'

Anakin's Force signature was attempting to fight against the darkness that leaked in. Like a virus, the dark side fought its way into his heart. It was taking over, and Anakin Skywalker was losing himself. His yearn to be the most powerful Jedi ever was trickling away, and the desire to obtain his personal desires through any means necessary became a priority. As Anakin's Force flame deepened to a hateful red, the suspected Chosen One became a Sith, and he was now at the disposal of the evil, malicious Darth Sidious.

'Thank you. my Master.'

'Rise, Darth Vader.'

Anakin was drunk off the power he felt and the hate from his fears consumed him until Anakin was gone.

---

With lightsabers in hand, Sol and Revan exited the training room. The blaster fire that was once muffled was now loud and blaring in the temple corridor. With wide eyes, the Shans looked down either ends of the hallway and saw that the origin of the blaster fire was from the white-armoured clones. But they weren't defending the Jedi Temple like they had been doing throughout the wars across the galaxy, they were now attacking it.

'What the kriff-'

Revan was cut off by the sight of a blast soaring towards him. With a raise of his orange lightsaber, the blast was deflected and sent into the wall behind him. A black marked scorched the wall from the attack and Revan looked at its shooter with an arched brow. A clone trooper held its blaster in both hands and aimed its barrel at the Jedi, his helmet hiding his familiar face and his directive clear.