86.

The separatists had occupied the planet Yavin. Droids and henchmen littered the forest and the Jedi Order had been given the task of destroying the base and ridding the planet of separatist activity. But being such a dense forest with high trees and unmapped land, the Jedi were struggling to make it even within a mile radius of the separatist base.

'We've had to pull back again, sir,' Captain Rex informed his commander. 'Commander Sol's unit were overrun.'

'We need to change our plan of attack, then. We'll regroup when she returns. And what of Master Obi-wan?'

'He's on his way back now. His attack was also unsuccessful.'

'I see. Check the wounded. See who is well enough to help.'

'Yes, sir.'

The clone captain turned to the camp where tents were pitched, and where clones were being tended to by medics. Their attempt to take back Yavin was failing, and they had already lost a large portion of their army just by trying to advance towards the base. Clones arrived back at the camp with bleeding wounds, and some were carried on stretchers by their fellow teammates.

It upset Anakin to see his legion thinning. He always cared for the clones, even if it was a low-ranking officer who delivered messages between camps. To see so many of the same face crying for morphine or staring off into nothing as their souls were accepted into the Force was destroying his yearning to continue the mission.

His gloved hand came up to rub at his eyes in frustration and exhaustion. Against the trees, Anakin's black attire stuck out like out a sore thumb. His blonde hair was just beginning to grow from its Padawan style, and its curls were forming over his ears. From the warm weather, Anakin found he didn't need his over robe, and judging by the number of failed advances the legion had so far, he assumed he wouldn't be needing it at all.

'Sir!'

Anakin was mid-rub of his eye when he was forced to look to Captain Rex once more. He couldn't see the frantic expression of the clone, but he could hear the urgency in his voice. Anakin kept his composure and put his hands to his hips, his expression brooding and intense.

'Commander Sol's team have just been ambushed on their retreat. There's reports she was hurt in the attack.'

'What?!'

At Anakin's exclamation, clones suddenly rushed from their positions around the camp. Rex and his commander looked to the upheaval and walked around the medic tent. With large strides to step over the shrubbery, Anakin went ahead of his captain and caught sight of the approaching clones from the trees. Their white armour was hard to miss, but what he was soley focused on, was the woman who was being carried by two gunmen.

With her arms over each of their shoulders, the clones dragged Sol's feet through the forest and towards the camp. Her head hung low, and her eyes were in a state of being half open and half drooping. From what Anakin could see from afar, her temple was bleeding, leaving a red line running down her cheek and underneath her chin. But apart from that, Anakin could see no other injuries on her person. This didn't ease Anakin's worries; they only worsened at the possibility of an internal injury, which would be harder to treat.

'The commander was in range of an explosion, Commander Skywalker!' one of the clones said as he supported the woman. As they arrived at the camp, two more clones with medical markings on their armour appeared with a stretcher from one of the tents.

'Get her inside, now!' Anakin ordered.

The medic clones waited for Sol to be lowered onto their raised stretcher before they ran back into the tent for treatment. Anakin didn't bother to listen to the report, as it would be relayed to him later by Captain Rex, anyway. Instead, he followed after the medic clones and shoved the loose flap of the tent out of his way as he entered the tent.