69.

Sol drove her yellow speeder into the city where she would find her usual, secret parking space. With Anakin in the passenger seat, they needed to be inconspicuous on how they arrived at and left  the Jedi Temple every day. They couldn't be seen arriving together every morning in the same speeder, or leaving together every evening, so they had found a parking complex in the city. They then take a shuttle bus to and from the temple, which was usually full of other Jedi who chose to live off-site, making Sol and Anakin's joint travels nothing more than coincidence. If they were asked, they would say that they both no longer used their temple quarters and had bought apartments elsewhere.

Lowering the speeder into the complex, the sun's rays were blocked by the surrounding buildings. It was the perfect hiding place for the brightest coloured speeder that was so painfully identifiable, and it was nearly impossible for those from the Order to pass by and somehow see it. The buildings around it were wide and tall, and it was close to the shuttle bus station. And if someone ever asked why Sol took the bus when she had a speeder, Anakin would but in and say,

'She's terrified of the traffic near the Ryloth embassy. Fragile thing, she is.'

Sol would uphold the act and glare at Anakin but let the teasing play as her excuse.

She turned off the engine and went to join Anakin on the other side of the vehicle. But as she went to bump her shoulder with his as a lasting sign of affection, Anakin turned in a different direction. She stopped in her pursuit to the temple and looked at his back in confusion.

'Ani? Where are you going?' she called after him. Anakin turned around and raised an eyebrow at her confused look.

'To see the Chancellor. He requested to see me,' he pointed over his shoulder with a nonchalant tone. 'Don't worry, I'll be there for the meeting.'

Sol wanted so badly to take Anakin's arm and drag him to the shuttle bus that was headed for the Jedi Temple. She wanted to forcefully remove him from the Chancellor's hold and keep him from ever venturing to the Senate building again. But she couldn't. He had to make his own decisions and believe that what the Chancellor was doing was wrong on his accord.

'Okay... I'll see you there,' Sol said, feigning an understanding nod and smile.

'See you, bright eyes.' 

Anakin gave her a smile and turned to head towards the Senate. Sol stood for a moment, watching him head for the stairs that would lead to a pathway. As he descended down and disappeared from view, Sol remembered last night's dream. She knew it was Anakin's voice, and he had asked how you could learn to prevent people from dying. Not only did she fear the fact that he was undoubtably talking to Chancellor Palpatine about this, but it was something that was not the ways of the Jedi.

Dying was natural. It was an entry into the Force, and if the Jedi is skilled in their connection and training, they could become a Force ghost. But the Jedi Order always saw dying as the next step in a Jedi's progress to complete peace with oneself. To fear death at first was normal, but to prevent it to the point of defying nature, was against everything the Jedi stood for.

With a sigh, Sol turned to head for the shuttle bus station.

--- 

The Council were gathered in the conference room, but there were less Masters present in physical form than in hologram form. Master Yoda, Master Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Master Plo koon were attending the meeting in hologram, while Obi-wan, Master Windu, Master Kolar, Sol and Anakin were the only others present in the room. The other Masters were too involved with their missions for the small discussion about finding General Grievous, so the decisions would be made with the present members instead.