79.

'I was able to escape the Jedi's betrayal. If you also escaped, meet me on Mustafar where we can finally be together.'

Anakin's transmission was just one of the many that were left on Sol's commlink. The wristlet was left on the side table of the bed that Sol and Anakin used to share. She had taken it off when she reached Padme's apartment after the attack on the temple, and Sol hadn't had the strength to listen to the transmissions that had tried to contact her. Most of the transmissions she had received were from the panicked Jedi that were immersed in battle against their clone legions, and it pained Sol to hear their confused calls for reinforcements and the sound of blaster fire in the background.

'Mayday, mayday! The clones have turned against us!'

'Master Sol, please respond! Anyone, please respond! We're under attack!'

'Oh, Maker, there's too many of them!'

'Help us!'

Sol felt an ache in her chest that felt as if her heart was dying at the Jedi's calls for help across the galaxy. Sitting on the bed and facing the balcony, Sol covered her tearful eyes and had to swallow the lump that formed in her throat. Yesterday's attempts to contact the same Jedi whose messages filled her commlink were as unsuccessful as Sol's attempt to go four hours without crying. 

Her commlink held the deceased voices of her fellow Jedi, but if she could find any solitude in the transmissions, it was that she never heard from Master Aayla Secura. Obi-wan informed Sol that Master Yoda had escaped, so the lack of tranmission from him was not as worrying as the blue twi'lek's. Sol didn't know if she could handle a distress call from the woman who had been nothing but kind to her throughout her time at the Order, but its absence spared Sol an especially painful heartache.

But besides the distress calls, the one transmission that planted a deep fear in Sol, was from Anakin. Unlike how Padme described her call with him before he left Coruscant, Anakin sounded as if he was ridden with concern and worry. There was not the droid-like tone in his voice, but there was a yearn for Sol's reply after not receiving an answer through her commlink. It was hard to believe that Anakin had committed the monstrosities he had in the Jedi Temple, and that his allegiance had fallen to the dark, evil workings of Sith Lord Sheev Palpatine. If Sol hadn't witnessed the youngling massacre, she might have just believed that the Jedi Order had betrayed the Republic, and that Anakin was innocent of the accusations.

'We'll take my skiff,' Padme announced once Sol had voiced her plans of venturing to Mustafar. 

'No, Padme. I don't know what he's capable of right now,' Sol rejected with a shake of her head. 'Revan will be with me, and I trust him whole-heartedly. It's not safe for you.'

'I won't hear a word of it. You are my friend and if Anakin is as unpredictable as you say, then I will not let you go without me. Remember that you are carrying his children, and that anything that happens to you, happens to them.'

'Padme... this isn't some separatist group,' Sol grabbed Padme's hands and looked down at her intently. 'This is the Sith. This is... Anakin.'

'Exactly. He's my friend, too, Sol. And I want to help him like you do.'

Sol knew that she wasn't going to change a senator's mind. With a weak smile, Sol pulled Padme into an embrace. She rested her chin on the shoulder of her friend, which was covered by a grey shoulder pad from her outfit. Padme wasn't dressed in some luxurious gown from Naboo but instead wore a grey top and white pants. With knee high boots, Padme was dressed for the possibility that would require a quick escape. Even though she was stubborn about accompanying Sol to Mustafar, Sol knew that Padme feared what they would have to face.