60.

R2 was left in the cruiser's hanger. Powering some of the ship's controls through the wall socket, the droid was given a commlink that would allow him to communicate with Anakin, Obi-wan and Sol. With the droid connected to the Trade Federation's files and plans, the Jedi headed into the halls to find where Chancellor Palpatine was being held hostage. But unbeknownst to the rescue party, they were being watched by General Grievous, who had planned for their arrival at the premonition of Count Dooku.

Sol stood behind the two male Jedi as they waited for the elevator to reach their floor. In silence, she kept up the rear and was sure that they were bound to run into some hostility, as she had before Anakin and Obi-wan had arrived. She looked into the Force and pushed past the obvious presence of Count Dooku on the ship, as his dark-sided Force signature was unnervingly black, and felt some incoming obstructions. Sol's attention fell over her shoulder where she spotted three droidekas that rolled their way.

'Destroyers!' Sol called out and grabbed her lightsaber from her belt. As she ignited its blade and turned to face the droids, Obi-wan and Anakin were at the ready behind her.

The droidekas transformed into their attack mode and began to fire their blasters. The blasterfire was child's play to the three Jedi and they rotated their weapons to block the attacks. At the sound of the elevator doors sliding open, Anakin and Obi-wan backed into the elevator and gave Sol the cover she needed to follow in after them. Sol ran through the doors before they closed, and they were cut off from the droidekas' ambush. With a sigh, Sol thought they were out of the woods for now but paused in front of Anakin and Obi-wan at the awaiting battle droids that stood behind them.

'Drop your weapons!' the front battle droid ordered; their blasters aimed at the three Jedi. 'I said drop 'em!' 

Anakin, Obi-wan and Sol exchanged a look before they continued their rein of blue and cyan throughout the elevator. Careful of each other, the Jedi cut through the battle droids that barely stood a chance in the cramped space. Sparks flew and the floor was soon littered with the beige parts that were fated to be a part. With molten cuts on the metal, the Jedi sheathed their lightsabers and turned to each other.

'Roger, roger,' Anakin joked, and Obi-wan and Sol chuckled as they faced the doors of the elevators once more.

As Sol stood next to Anakin, she glanced down to Obi-wan at the end of the line. She remembered how frantic he was through the commlink when they were first told that Chancellor Palpatine had been captured. He said that they were assigned to the mission by the Council, but it wasn't until they left Coruscant and Sol had infiltrated the Trade Federation cruiser that she found that that wasn't the case. Anakin and Sol were by told by R2, who had been delivered the mission plans from the Order through his systems, that Obi-wan had put the three of them forward for the task. Sol recalled the conversation she had with Anakin through the private channel on her wrist commlink about Obi-wan's decision, and was still irritated by the Master's suggestion. 

'Why would he do that, Ani? Now we've got to deal with the senate when we get back; with or without the Chancellor!'

'Relax, Solaris, this will be a piece of cake. We'll make him deal with the politics, and I know that he hates playing the hero.'

Before long, the elevator pulled to a grinding halt. Sol wobbled at the sudden stop in their ascent but regained her balance with a shift of her feet. She looked at the buttons lining the wall in confusion and saw that they had stopped before the elevator was able to arrive at their desired floor.  

'Did you press the stop button?' Obi-wan inquired to Sol who was closest to the wall.

'No. Did either of you?'