Chapter 68

When Lu Ze got the news and hurried back, it was already two days later.

He galloped on his horse, and when he entered the city, it was almost dark.

Outside the gate of the Lu mansion, the butler anxiously paced around, looking into the distance from time to time, and when he saw a figure galloping on a horse, he hurriedly greeted him, and yelled almost crying: "Master" Lu

Ze Turning over and dismounting, his posture is neat and crisp. He threw the rein into the butler's hand, and was about to walk to the mansion, and asked, "Is the Marquis in the mansion?" The

butler hurriedly tossed the rein to the boy beside him, and trotted to follow, wrinkling his face. The old face was on the verge of crying: "Master, Lord Hou, Lord Hou has returned to the Hou's Mansion!"

Lu Ze paused, turned around and asked in surprise, "Going back to the Hou's Mansion?"

The housekeeper nodded and said, "The old lady is here!" Afterwards, Master Hou has been taking good care of him, but yesterday the imperial physician came to check the pulse of Lord Hou as usual, and I don't know what happened, after the imperial doctor left, Master Hou should return to the Hou Mansion."

Lu He frowned slightly, lost in thought.

The steward looked at him cautiously, and tentatively asked, "Master?"

After Lu Ze recovered his senses, he grabbed the rein from the hand of the boy beside him, turned around again, and said only one sentence: "I'm going to find him." The

steward hurriedly He followed up with small steps, and shouted: "That old lady over there."

Lu Ze shook the rein, and the horse galloped away immediately, and the voice gradually faded away: "Don't tell her I'm back for now."

Wei Beihou's mansion is not far from Lu's mansion, and Lu Ze arrived at the gate of Hou's mansion in a short while. Different from Lu's mansion, the guards outside Wei Beihou's mansion were all burly soldiers with solemn faces. After hearing the movement, they looked back, but they couldn't help being a little surprised to see Lu Ze.

After hesitating for a moment, they clasped their fists together and saluted: "Lord Lu."

Lu Ze got off his horse, stepped forward, and asked, "Is Lord Hou in the mansion?"

The two looked at each other and said, "Yes."

Lu Ze heard the words , glanced at them, seemed to understand something, and asked: "Maybe I go in?"

"This..." The two looked at each other, both a little hesitant.

It's okay if it's an ordinary time, but now...

thinking of the appearance of Master Hou when he came back yesterday, and the recent vague rumors, the guards are now uncertain.

"I'm afraid... pass it on to Master Hou..." One person said cautiously.

Lu Ze took a deep breath, and became more and more worried about what kind of anger Mother Lu had made Wei Yan. He rubbed his forehead and said, "Then I will wait here." The guard obviously breathed a sigh of relief, and was about to turn around

. , but saw Wei Yan's close servant Chuntai coming over, frowning

and asking: " What are you doing?" My lord is here, why do you need to pass it on?"

He said a few more words to him, then looked at Lu Ze with a complicated expression, and said after a while: "My lord, come with me."

Lu Ze handed the horse to the guard on the side , and followed him in.

It was not the first time he came to the Hou Mansion, but it was the first time he came under such a situation. He asked Chuntai: "How is the condition of Lord Hou?"

Chuntai walked ahead without looking sideways. Although he knew he was not to be blamed in his heart, he couldn't help but sting in what he said: "When you return to the Hou's mansion, everything will happen naturally." All good."

Lu Ze pursed his lips and said nothing.

Chuntai sent the man outside the main courtyard, looked back at him, sighed secretly, and said, "Master, please."

Lu Ze nodded at him, stepped in, walked through the courtyard, and walked to the door of the bedroom. Push the door and enter.

"Squeak!" The door sounded, and Wei Yan sat on the chair in the middle. Hearing this, he raised his eyes to look at him, his eyes were complicated, but his expression was calm: "Come?"

Lu Ze took a deep breath, and slowly stepped forward, The tone was low: "Sorry, I'm late."

"I didn't expect that my mother would arrive in Beijing at this time, and I didn't make any arrangements, so you were wronged."

Wei Yan listened to him, looked at him for a while, But he smiled suddenly: "Whether you are wronged or not, anyway, no matter when she comes, she will have to suffer like this."

Lu Ze opened his mouth to say something: "Ayan, I..."

Lu Zehui sent it back All the letters in the family said Ayan's personal congratulations, Wei Yan has been thinking about waiting for him to come back, and heard him call this address himself, but when he really heard it with his own ears at this moment, Wei Yan was in a complicated mood, and interrupted before he finished speaking. Said: "The housekeeper told you everything that happened?"

Lu Ze paused, then nodded silently.

Naturally, she also knew what Lu's mother said about taking concubines.

Wei Yan tilted his head and looked at him, the distance between the two was very close, but there was an inexplicable illusion that they were far apart. He looked at him for a long time, and then said: "Lu Ze, I told you on the wedding night, I gave you a chance, if any messy girl came to the door in the future, I will not let you go. You can return Remember?"

Lu Ze nodded, and Wei Yan smiled softly: "Now, what does this so-called childhood sweetheart, cousin who loves each other mean?"

Lu Ze took a step forward and explained to him: "Xu Yun is my cousin. My uncle's cousin, my mother loves her very much, and she likes to take her to live at home since she was a child. My mother did mention the idea of ​​letting her marry me as my wife before, but I have nothing but brother and sister friendship for her. I also talked about this with my mother. But I never thought that she would bring Xu Yun with me when I came to Beijing."

Wei Yan nodded: "There is nothing else except the friendship between brothers and sisters."

He pondered for a while, He smiled suddenly, and said softly: "Then tell me, what is this?"

He slowly took out something from his sleeve, and Lu Ze's expression changed slightly when he saw the familiar bottle.

Wei Yan laughed almost mockingly, he raised his head and took a deep breath, his eyes were moist unconsciously, and said word by word: "Prevention medicine."

His chest rose and fell violently, and he tried to control it, but his eyes still couldn't help it. Flushing: "Lu Ze, you said that you have no intentions for your cousin, I believe it. What about me?" "Among what you

said, how much is true and how much is false?"

Mother Lu first arrived in the capital , and said that he would give Lu Ze a concubine. Wei Yan only thought it was absurd, but he didn't believe that Lu Ze would have such a cousin whom he was thinking of, so he thought that it would only be two days or so, and he would make a decision after he came back.

However, Mother Lu obviously had a lot of dissatisfaction with Wei Yan, her son-in-law, so she asked him to go to pay his respects the next morning. Waited for more than half an hour.

After getting up, she even said that she had never drank the mother-in-law tea he respected, and made him kneel again in the name of the tea, which made things difficult for him. During breakfast, he was even made to stand and serve, and let him eat the leftovers they ate.

Although Wei Yan's parents died when he was young, he has always been competitive, and even if he is wronged, he will find a way to return it. Especially in recent years, with his higher position and authority, no one dared to make things difficult for him so openly and secretly. After being tortured like this, it is natural that the old woman is not pleasing to the eye, but because he is Lu Ze's mother, if he wants to land, he will be back in a few days, and he will have an explanation by then, so he doesn't want to talk to her. What to care about. So he stayed out for a day on the pretext of being on duty, and when he came back in the evening, he was told by Lu's mother that he was out in public and didn't keep his husband's words.

Wei Yan was not a good-tempered person at all, and he almost got into an argument with her at that time, thinking that staying with the old woman would inevitably lead him to lose control of his temper, so he simply asked the maid to pack up some things, and prepared for Lu Ze to leave before Lu Ze came back. I went back to Houfu to live.

Unexpectedly, when the maid was packing her things, she suddenly found a small bottle under the quilt of the bed, which contained some small pills. Wei Yan didn't know what it was, but subconsciously put it away.

It just so happened that the time limit of one month came, and the imperial doctor Xu came to check his pulse again. Wei Yan had never been nice to him before, but this time he was very talkative and let people in. After doctor Xu had diagnosed the pulse, he handed him the small medicine bottle and asked him what was in it.

Imperial Physician Xu sniffed at the tip of his nose for a long time, and looked at him disapprovingly with a frown: "Although Hou Ye's body is not suitable for pregnancy, he can't use this kind of contraceptive medicine. It worked for a while, but it was also a heavy burden on the Hou Ye's body."

Wei Yan only felt a roar in his mind, his mind was blank, and he asked again in a daze: "What did you say?"

He felt the pain in his throat. A little dry, he said with difficulty: "What is the medicine to prevent pregnancy?"

Imperial physician Xu was obviously very surprised: "Isn't this the medicine used by Lord Hou?"

He sniffed it again, and said: "It does contain common contraceptive medicines such as Huanhuacao, purple eggplant flower, ear alum... and some other herbs, I'm sorry I can't smell it... It's not for Lord Hou. Is it?"

Wei Yan licked his dry lips, and was speechless for a long time, he only heard himself asking: "This medicine...if it is used by a man...what will happen?"

Doctor Xu seemed surprised for a moment, Said: "I've never heard of a medicine that can prevent men from becoming pregnant, but if this medicine is used on men...it seems to be okay..."

Wei Yan didn't know how he sent the imperial doctor away, but Knowing that when Chuntai asked him if he wanted to go back to Hou's mansion, he followed him blankly.

After the old lady came, Wei Yan didn't care no matter what she said. He believed in Lu Ze, so he would tolerate the old lady more and was willing to wait for his explanation. However, the imperial physician's words of anti-pregnancy medicine broke all the trust in his heart, making him feel that what he did, thought, and thought was simply a joke!

The tearing pain in the heart can still be clearly felt, Wei Yan raised his eyes, and his voice was slightly choked: "Being with me makes you so disgusting? So disgusting that you don't even want to have an heir?" Wei Yan only

felt Depressed, even the most serious injury he suffered on the battlefield is not as uncomfortable as it is now.

He frowned tightly and murmured: "Lu Ze, I have asked your permission, I have not forced you..."

Why did you treat me like this?

Lu Ze felt a stabbing pain in his heart. He hastily stepped forward, held his hand, squatted halfway in front of him, and said in a deep voice, "Every word I said to you is sincere, and I have never lied to you in the slightest. Passed you."

Wei Yan looked down at him, and shook his head slightly: "Sincerely? Your sincerity is, to take child-avoiding medicine without telling me?"

Lu Ze only felt as if his heart had been pierced by tiny needles again and again. His breathing trembled slightly, but he clenched his hands tightly, his Adam's apple rolled up and down for a moment, and said word by word: "I used to learn a little After medical theory, I also have some understanding of the characteristics of some herbs."

Wei Yan looked at him, his expression moved slightly unconsciously.

Lu Ze went on to say, "I saw the prescription prescribed by Imperial Doctor Xu when he came to diagnose your pulse last time."

Wei Yan's eyes trembled.

Lu Ze pursed his lips, remained silent for a moment, and looked up at him: "Dr. Xu told you that your body is not suitable for conception?"

Wei Yan's pupils shrank suddenly: "You"

"I didn't eavesdrop." Lu Then he smiled wryly, and said: "It's just that most of the medicinal materials in that prescription are nourishing and nourishing, and some are for treating hidden injuries." He paused, and said in a low voice: "I can understand.

" Yan only felt dryness in his throat, and after a while he slowly opened his mouth and said, "You... know all about it?"

Lu Ze pursed his lips and said, "Vice General Sun said before that you left a lot of hidden wounds in your body when you fought on the battlefield. Your Majesty So let the imperial doctor come to see you every month, it shows that your physical condition is not that good. In addition to that prescription, you can guess it a little bit." On the surface, it is safe and sound, but inside it

is extremely fragile, and the years of battle have left hidden wounds Too many, if you don't pay attention, there will be endless troubles.

How can such a body conceive a child?

Wei Yan opened his mouth and said, "Since you know...why didn't you tell me?"

Lu Ze's eyelids closed slightly, and his voice was low: "At that time when the imperial doctor was seeing you, you had to find a reason to send me away. I thought you were Don't want me to know."

He said: "It's just that your body is placed there, and it is extremely harmful to get pregnant rashly, and it is even more impossible to use anti-child soup. I found someone to develop an anti-child medicine that can be used by men. When are you willing to tell me?" Or when you are healthy, when will you stop."

Wei Yan listened to his words, and then remembered that after the imperial doctor left, he had indeed obediently abstained from sex for a while, his mind was in a mess, and he didn't know what to say. He just said without a clue: "I, I, my body is actually not as bad as you imagined. I know it in my own mind. People who are too hospital are exaggerating. There are also some brothers in my army who follow in the logistics. The soldiers ran around, but they were all healthy after pregnancy, and the baby was born without any problems... They were just too nervous, and I'm not as fragile as you think." "But there are always risks.

" Lu Ze raised his eyes and looked at him, his expression firm and unflinching: "Does the brother next to you have the same childhood as you, eating and sleeping in the open, hungry and full? Does the brother next to you kiss the front line like you, Even often do not sleep a wink for several days and nights? Is there any brother like you who lays an ambush in the ice and snow for a whole day and even fell into a frozen lake?

" Your brothers and daughters are all going through hell, not to mention your body?" Lu Ze said: "Wei Yan, I will have no one else in this life except you. Have you ever thought that if something happens, In case, what do you want me to do? Do you want me to live alone with my children, and be a widower at a young age?"

He shook his head, his expression was fragile, and his voice was so soft that he couldn't hear it: "Ayan, you Do you want to leave me alone in the world?"

Wei Yan met his eyes and subconsciously shook his head: "I didn't, I didn't..." He held his hand instead: "I didn't think about it that way... ..."

Lu Ze half-kneeled on the ground, straightened up, hugged him, and murmured in his ear: "How can I not like your child? How can I not want our heir?" "But

if Without you, I really can't guarantee whether I can love him."

He said softly: "Ayan, if you like children, why don't you have another child when you are healthy?"

Wei Yan hugged him tightly, blinked some sore eyes, and said: "Don't you worry... I won't be able to take care of my body for the rest of my life?"

"Don't talk nonsense." Lu Ze pulled away, stroked his face, and looked at him seriously: "Your body will definitely be able to take care of you." Good."

"But the imperial doctor said that with my body, it is extremely difficult to conceive..." Wei Yan grabbed the clothes on Lu Ze's shoulders and said softly, "You are the only one left in the Lu family. Heirs..."

"My father has many brothers, so I adopted a child from my clan." Lu Ze pushed back the broken hair on his face, raised his head and kissed his forehead, and said in a low voice: Remember, you will have children only if you are healthy."

"Ayan, when we got married, we said that we are going to grow old together."

Wei Yan leaned on his neck, blinked after hearing the words, and was silent for a long time before finally getting married. She nodded slowly and said, "Okay."

They will grow old together.