Chapter 111

The emperor's birthday is on the sixteenth day of the seventh lunar month, and there is still more than a month to go. The Ministry of Rites and other official departments are making arrangements. At the same time, the princes of various fiefdoms are also on their way, and the palace is instantly lively.

Both inside and outside the palace are busy, but as the person concerned, there are actually not many things that Lu Ze needs to look over. He is also relaxed and at ease every day, he is busy with official duties when he has official duties, and walks around the palace with Yan Lingqiu when he is not on official duties, it is all about cultivating feelings.

Only Yan Lingqiu has been thinking hard about what to give him on his birthday. I have gone through the usual gifts, but I don't think they are suitable. I also asked the subordinates of Jingchasi who have families, and the answers I got were nothing more than that, or they were only used by women, and there was no room for reference.

Time flies, and more than a month is enough time for the princes to arrive. Most of them came to visit the emperor after resting. Lu Ze listened to their reports on the people's livelihood in the fief in recent years, with a gentle smile, as if he really just had a casual chat with them and had no other plans. The vassal kings also had doubts on the way, and when they arrived, seeing his attitude, they couldn't let go of their minds. They tried their best to think about what they had done, so that the emperor suddenly called them to the capital. Birthday, they do not believe.

Puzzled.

Lu Zequan obviously didn't know their uneasiness, but just watched their performance, and his eyes fell on the children who came with them.

The vassal kings who came here were of different ages. Some were brothers and cousins ​​of the same generation as Lu Ze, and some were older uncles. There were even several long-lived uncles. Because they were inconvenient to travel long distances, they sent My children and grandchildren come. Pre-Xi stood upright.

There are many people who come here, and the age difference is quite large, so naturally the descendants they bring are also big and small.

The older one has already reached the crown, and is a few years older than Lu Ze; the younger one is still in the arms of the princess, and has not been born for a few months.

Lu Ze seemed to be very interested. Every time he summoned the feudal lords, he would pay some attention to their children, and randomly tested some questions in the school. No matter whether they answered well or not, they would be rewarded.

It seemed that they were just happy to see the prosperity of the royal family, which made the vassal kings even more puzzled.

But there are also some smart ones who seem to be vaguely aware of something. Looking at the few children brought by their family, if they arrive first as he imagined, then it is really a great chance.

Only Yan Lingqiu saw that Lu Ze loved those children so sincerely, his lips were pursed tighter and tighter, not showing it in front of outsiders, but his heart was already tightly clenched together.

Thinking of the gift he had prepared again, he pulled his lips and laughed at himself, wondering if he would become a joke by then.

On the eve of the Longevity Day, Lu Ze embraced Yan Lingqiu and prepared to rest. Due to the heavy workload tomorrow, he rarely did anything, but prepared to simply sleep. Yan Lingqiu stared at the dark void with his eyes open, and after a long silence, he slowly turned around and looked at him face to face with his back turned.

The other party's facial features were blurred in the darkness, Yan Lingqiu reached out and stroked his face, from the eyebrows to the bridge of the nose, and finally landed on his lips, paused for a moment, raised his head and kissed him.

Lu Ze was a little surprised, and tightened his hands around his waist: "Lingqiu?"

Yan Lingqiu didn't speak, but kissed him more deeply, and his hands gradually became dishonest, slipping along the collar of his coat. go in.

Lu Ze's hand on the back of his waist lightly stroked, and his voice was vaguely smiling: "Want?"

Yan Lingqiu looked at him in the dark, and called out in a drawn-out voice: "Ah Ze..."

Lu Ze With a cry, Yan Lingqiu rolled onto his body, took his hand and put it behind her: "I want... Ah Ze..."

...

About half an hour later, Lu Ze was thinking that he would be busy tomorrow, so he wouldn't bother him too much, and it would be over after one session, but when he was carrying him to wash, he wrapped his legs around his waist again, He softly whispered in his ear: "A Ze, Ah Ze..."

This time, he tossed until late at night. Seeing the man fell asleep, Lu Ze stroked his hair and pulled him into his arms. No one knows what's going on in my mind.

On the next day, at the Wanshou Festival banquet, the civil and military officials sat on the left side, and the princes and relatives sat on the right side. It was getting late, and the hall was full of people, and it was extremely lively.

The emperor arrived late, followed closely by Yan Lingqiu in a red robe.

The ministers had long been aware of His Majesty's love for eunuchs, and they didn't dare to say anything more, for fear that Guan Hongyi's tragedy would happen to him again.

All the officials and relatives kowtowed together, Lu Ze sat on the top seat, Yan Lingqiu stood behind him, and it seemed that his posture was intimate, just like ordinary emperors and empresses.

Everyone's eyes drifted upwards, they were all amused by their own thoughts, and they got up and took their seats after hearing the voice of disrespect, and the banquet officially began.

There were singing and dancing in the hall, the current sage was lenient, and all the officials didn't care so much, pushing cups and changing cups, it was enjoyable.

Lu Ze glanced down, his eyes fell on the seat of the clan on the right, and he said loudly: "I have practiced Zuo for more than three years, and there are many ministers who are loyal and devoted to court affairs; there are also clan relatives who supervise the Quartet and have worked hard. It makes me The prosperity of the Dayong Kingdom is prosperous, and the people are happy. It coincides with this birthday banquet, and I invite all the vassal kings to Beijing, and I also want to experience the prosperity of my Dayong together. I am here to offer you a glass." Hundreds of officials and relatives got up one after another

, Feeling flattered: "Your Majesty has loved you so much that you have been able to serve the country loyally, and your ministers must do your best to present my Dayong, a splendid scene in a prosperous age." "

Present my Dayong, a prosperous scene."

The emperor laughed loudly: "Good!"

"Come on, play music!"

The silk and bamboo sounded again, the orchestra was melodious, and the palace people filed in to bring wine and vegetables to the courtiers and ministers.

The atmosphere in the hall became lively again, all the officials and courtiers presented birthday gifts to the emperor one after another, some with rare treasures, some famous calligraphy and paintings, and those who were more caring were begged bit by bit from the homes of millions of people under the imperial court. The scraps of fabric to come out are stitched together to form a character for longevity.

"May your majesty be as blessed as the long flowing water of the East Sea, and live longer than Nanshan." "

May your majesty have a prosperous sun and moon, and may my Dayong and everything be clear!" The

atmosphere in the hall was extremely warm. It's the vassal kings who presented the rare treasures to make the emperor smile. Even more thoughtful and exquisite, he brought his young son who was under three years old, and he said a word to the child followed by another, the man's thick and powerful voice intertwined with the child's childish voice, and they rang out one after another in the hall.

Seeing them like this, the clan members behind were well-educated, thinking that the emperor seemed to love their children very much, and in the end, the main hall became a place for the children to perform. Some even the princes and concubines did not show up, and the older prince and princess led the younger siblings to present congratulatory gifts.

Lu Ze looked at the naive or calm performances of the young masters, with a smile on his face, and gave rewards with a gentle voice, but Liu Fang didn't expect this method to be envious.

This is not just a reward, but an opportunity to perform in front of the emperor. Maybe it will fall into the eyes of the emperor. Will my children not be trapped in such a fiefdom?

His Highness was busy, Lu Ze looked at Yan Lingqiu at the side, and asked softly, "Does Lingqiu think these children are very cute?"

Yan Lingqiu looked at the well-dressed children below, and thought that he would have his own children in the future, but felt a blockage in his heart, forced a smile, and said: "Your Majesty loves it, so it is naturally cute." Lu Ze looked at it

. Looking at him, the voice was gentle: "I remember you said that you like children around five or six years old. Among these young masters, do you like any of them?" Yan Lingqiu looked up at him, and Lu Ze smiled slightly: "If

you I like it, how about we take him into the palace and raise him?"

Yan Lingqiu didn't think much at first, and was about to speak subconsciously, but then he seemed to realize something, and his eyes slowly widened: "Your Majesty?

"

What does it mean that a child is suddenly brought into the palace from the clan's side to be raised by the heir ?

Lu Ze just looked at the lively or introverted children below, and slowly took a drink from his glass. Only Liu Yanlingqiu's heart was surging, he had an incredible idea, wanted to prove it, but he didn't dare to say more on this occasion.

The moon was in the middle of the sky, and the banquet finally dissipated. When Lu Ze took Yan Lingqiu slowly back to Lingbo Palace, Yan Lingqiu, who had been holding back for a long time, finally couldn't take it anymore: "Your Majesty's words... what do you mean?

"

Lu Then he looked back at him, his eyebrows and eyes looked gentle and warm under the candlelight,

and he tilted his head: "What?" I feel that Lu Ze has always done things safely, if there is no reason, how could he say that kind of thing?

All kinds of emotions were intertwined, and Yan Lingqiu's heart was in chaos. He couldn't believe it, and there was a faint expectation.

His voice was dry, and he raised his eyes to look at him: "Your Majesty... Ah Ze..."

Lu Ze looked at him for a long time, and finally let out a low sigh, raised his hand and brushed the broken hair by his ear, and said in a low and gentle voice, "What do you think of Ling Qiu?"

Yan Lingqiu opened and closed his lips, and his voice was a bit difficult: "Your Majesty wants...from those children..."

Lu Ze looked at him quietly: "Otherwise? If you don't choose an heir sooner, after a hundred years, who should I hand over this great Yong to?" "

Yes, Your Majesty, "He paused, even though he was reluctant in his heart, he still said it: "Your Majesty can have his own heirs, why do you want to come from the clan..."

Lu Ze smiled when he heard the words: "Everyone has selfish intentions. , if I have a child of my own, I will naturally leave him the best. But..." He looked down at Yan Lingqiu's belly: "Lingqiu can't give me a child, and I haven't let a man have one. The ability to conceive, since this life is destined to have no offspring, why not choose some smart and smart ones from the clan to cultivate slowly?"

Yan Lingqiu looked at him, dazed for a long time. My heart was sour, I just looked at the gentle man in front of me, my lips trembled slightly, I didn't know what to say for a long time.

He once wondered with trepidation how long their present sweet life would last, and how he would deal with himself when the new queen ascended the throne and the prince was born. But the current situation is telling him that the unspeakable entanglements and sufferings these days seem to be just his own cocoon, and the other party has already thought clearly about everything in the future and has taken action.

He didn't think about being a queen, he didn't even think about having children of his own.

Since ancient times, the emperors are so ruthless, and Yan Lingqiu thinks that he can see clearly all the things that Lu Ze has done since he came to power, but who can tell him that everything is not a dream?

Lu Ze paused, raised his hand to the corner of his eyes, and said in a surprised voice, "Crying?"

Yan Lingqiu came back to his senses, only to realize that his eyes were sour, as if there was water vapor in them. He blinked, and the water droplets slid down instantly, rolled down his face, and hit the ground.

Lu Ze was a little flustered, it wasn't him who said, so many worlds and so many years, except when he was in bed...he rarely saw him cry.

This made Lu Ze a little at a loss, and also a little unspeakably distressed.

"Okay, okay," he wiped away the teardrops on the cheeks of the other party, his movements were very gentle, as if he was afraid of hurting him, and said hurriedly: "Look at you crying, like a cat." Yan

Ling Qiu Ben was sobbing silently, but after hearing the words, he suddenly choked up, his chest trembled, and Lu Ze's heart skipped a beat. He wanted to tease him, but he didn't expect that he had done something bad with good intentions.

He was about to say something more, when Yan Lingqiu said in a hoarse voice: "Kiss me."

Lu Ze paused, looked down at him, saw his eyes were rosy, and said: "Kiss me.

" Softly, one hand slowly dropped to the back of his waist, leaning over to kiss his lips delicately.

Yan Lingqiu clasped his shoulders with both hands, and responded with great enthusiasm, as if she wanted to use this method to vent the feelings accumulated in her heart.

The atmosphere in the hall was slowly scorching hot, and the curtains on the bed also came down, swaying with the wind. Clothes are piled up on the ground, layer upon layer meandering in full bloom, accompanied by the summer breeze and swaying candlelight, and the blurred and intertwined figures, forming a beautiful picture scroll.

Yan Lingqiu was very active, his head was raised high, revealing his fragile and slender neck, tears were in the corners of his eyes, and there was a broken sound overflowing from his lips. He is no longer reserved and introverted as before, showing everything about himself without any concealment, and his whole heart is bare. bare. Show him naked.

The sound of burning candles crackled, but it couldn't cover up the sound of their emotion. Lu Ze suddenly touched a hard object under the pillow and took it out to see that it was a long box.

He looked at Yan Lingqiu and asked knowingly, "What is this?"

Yan Lingqiu slightly parted his lips, gasping for breath, "Your Majesty's...birthday gift."

Lu Ze opened it and saw that it was a slender The red jade hairpin is carved with fine textures of leaves, layer upon layer.

Red leaves teaser.

Lu Ze looked down at him, Yan Lingqiu had no extra strength in his body, but still took the hairpin with trembling hands, and inserted it slowly for him. Advance room.

Whether it is rare treasures in the world or antique calligraphy and paintings, they are all readily available to the other party. After thinking about it for a long time, Yan Lingqiu finally found a carnelian that is completely clear and carved the red leaves with his own hands.

He originally put his whole heart into it, and never expected anything in the future, but now, his wish has already been fulfilled.

The candlelight in the tent was dim, Yan Lingqiu looked at the red-leaf hairpin, and called out stupidly: "Your Majesty..."

Lu Ze looked at his hazy eyebrows and eyes under the candlelight, but smiled: "You still call my Majesty?"

Yan Lingqiu's eyes moved slightly, and Lu Ze said: "The ancients often used red leaves as a matchmaker. Ling Qiu gave me red leaves, and then called your majesty. I'm afraid it's not a little strange.

" The arms on his shoulders tightened, and when he met his gaze, his Adam's apple moved slightly:

"Husband..."

he called out.

Today is the 16th, the bright moon hangs high outside, the night breeze is cool and cool, blowing the lake surface, and the water waves are blending and rippling.

Fushun looked up, looked at the round and warm yellow moonlight, raised his hands to cover his ears, and shook his head.

Huh~~~