Chapter 94

Yan Dugong, Yan Lingqiu.

The name went over in his mind, and memories about him emerged one after another.

Lu Ze closed his eyes, silently sorting out everything about this world.

Although the original owner is a prince, but his mother's family is not visible, it is just a low-ranking concubine, the mother concubine is not favored by the emperor, and even his son is not valued among the many princes of the late emperor. The original owner has no obvious background, gentle personality, and mediocre homework and knowledge. He is like a transparent person among the many princes, so even if the late emperor was old and the princes took over the heir apparent, the fire did not burn him. go on.

But the original owner is not as indifferent as he appears on the surface. He is ambitious and knows that with his life experience and sharp end, any brother can easily kill him. So he deliberately hides his clumsiness, and he is mediocre in all aspects of etiquette, music, and shooting. He has created an image of someone who loves reading and aims at mountains and rivers, and has successfully deceived many brothers. Secretly, he was gathering many forces, growing himself step by step, and finally won the throne in one fell swoop and sat on the throne of the emperor when many princes were killed and injured due to the seizure of the heir.

And in this process, apart from the original owner's own scheming methods, the most inseparable is that Yan Dugong Yan Lingqiu.

The little eunuch's summons sounded, and the door of the imperial study room opened. Lu Ze raised his eyes and saw a pair of dark soap boots stepping into the palace gate. The crimson robe moved without wind. In the hall.

Lu Ze raised his eyes and saw that the person was slender and fair-skinned, with his eyes slightly lowered, a small mole under his right eye loomed. Lu Ze's heart moved slightly, and he bowed slightly, and his voice was slightly soft: "I see the emperor."

Lu Ze calmed down, and said in a gentle voice: "There are no outsiders here, so Ling Qiu doesn't need to be polite."

Yan Lingqiu slowly straightened his body, his eyes were still fixed on the ground, and he said with a low posture: "Thanks to the great love of the Holy One, but etiquette cannot be revoked. If someone else sees it, they will always make irresponsible remarks." His

voice Slender and smooth, it seemed to be just stating the facts, but Lu Ze paused when he heard the words, put down the imperial brush in his hand, and turned his head to look at him: "Ling Qiu is angry with me?" Yan Lingqiu paused, raised his eyes to look at the seat of

God With one glance, he bowed again: "Your Majesty's words are serious, and I dare not."

Lu Ze chuckled and said slowly: "Ling Qiu usually stands by my side to serve the pen and ink. Will it be so far away from me?"

Yan Lingqiu was silent for a moment, stepped forward, stood by his side, held an ink stick in his hand, and slowly stirred in one direction: "Your Majesty's words are a shameful minister. The status of the minister You are humble, it is His Majesty's favor to serve you from afar, how dare you come close to the court? As for complaining, I dare not."

Lu Ze was finally able to look at him up close. The person in front of him had a fair complexion, delicate eyebrows and eyes, especially his eyes. That little tear mole added a bit of femininity to the whole person, but it didn't look delicate. Lu Ze's eyes paused for a moment on his tear mole, and slowly asked: "Did you not dare, or did you not?"

Yan Lingqiu paused his grinding hands, and then said slowly: "Your Majesty loves you deeply, and I love you so much. Your Majesty is even more willing to die, so how can you complain?"

"If you can think this way, it is naturally the best." Lu Ze looked away, raised his pen and ink, and wrote two words in the blank space of the memorial: "Zhang Xianlin That matter really wronged you."

After the original owner ascended the throne, it was only with the help of Yan Lingqiu that the court could be quickly integrated. If it wasn't for him, how could the original owner, a prince with an obscure background, sit firmly on the throne of the emperor without any worries under the eyes of many aristocratic families? But Yan Lingqiu had done so many shady things for him overtly and secretly. After the original owner's position was stabilized, he only ushered in the end of the cunning rabbit's death.

After the original owner had stabilized his throne, he excused Yan Lingqiu from coming to the imperial study every day to serve his pen and ink half a year ago on the grounds that the ceremonial supervisor and the Jingwei battalion were busy with affairs, which was equivalent to cutting off his access to government affairs. And a few days ago, Zhang Xianlin, the censor of Zuodu, impeached Yan Lingqiu for not practicing etiquette, embezzlement, accepting bribes and being lax, etc. These impeachments were common in the past, but the original owner didn't take it seriously, but this time it was in front of him. In front of all civil and military officials, Yan Lingqiu was reprimanded personally, and his salary was fined, and he was deprived of the right to be imprisoned with the three courts. Although this was a small punishment, it did not hurt Yan Lingqiu's roots, but in the eyes of the officials, it was already a manifestation of the emperor's attitude.

Yan Lingqiu twitched his eyelashes, then continued to study the ink naturally, and said: "Your Majesty speaks seriously. Being able to serve His Majesty is already a blessing that I have cultivated in my previous life, so why should I feel wronged?" Lu Ze glanced at him,

lightly Laughing: "You're used to be like this, you've always been patient."

Yan Lingqiu didn't know what he wanted to do, so he hung his head in silence, his eyebrows and eyes lightly drawn.

Yan Lingqiu naturally noticed the emperor's attitude in the past six months. Although it was difficult because of the passage of time, the current emperor was no longer the gentle young man he was then, but he also knew that the emperor was ruthless, so he was more prepared.

In order to prevent him from interfering in government affairs, the emperor has not announced him to enter the imperial study for a long time, let alone this kind of personal service. Yan Lingqiu was still thinking about what he was going to do, but after hearing what he said, her heart became more and more puzzled.

He pondered for a moment, then said after deliberation: "Master Zhang is the censor of Zuodu, and impeachment is his duty. It is the favor of the Holy Grace, how can you say the word grievance brazenly."

Lu Ze said: "A grievance is a grievance, there is nothing you cannot admit, you are my own, and I will never let you suffer this crime for nothing." He simply

said No more words, put down the ink brush, turned to look at Yan Lingqiu, and said: "Do you know why I called you here today?"

Yan Lingqiu shook his head: "I don't know." After all, it wasn't just to talk to him.

Lu Ze randomly picked out a book from the pile of memorials, and pushed it in front of Yan Lingqiu: "Look." Yan Lingqiu was

surprised for a moment, looked at him and said, "Your Majesty?"

"You can just read it. "Lu Ze said slowly.

Yan Lingqiu blinked, a lot of thoughts flashed in his heart, thinking about what the emperor meant, but his face remained calm, he lowered his eyes and quickly read the memorial.

"This..." he said hesitantly.

Lu Ze explained: "The examination is coming soon. I have only been on the throne for only three years. This is the first time I have been selected for the imperial examination. The Ministry of Rites naturally wants to be perfect." Yan Lingqiu looked at the three characters Zhang Xianlin behind the examiner, and licked his lips

. Pursing his lips, he said: "Lord Zhang is the number one scholar in the seventh year of Yongding, and now he is the censor of Zuodu Yushitai. He is the chief examiner. I think this imperial examination will be held smoothly. Your Majesty can rest assured." Lu Ze snorted

softly With a sigh, he said: "Then I said, what if I don't feel relieved?"

Yan Lingqiu paused, many thoughts flashed through his mind, but he didn't dare to say more.

Lu Ze picked up the imperial pen, circled the three words Zhang Xianlin, and said slowly: "If he is honest, I will naturally trust him. But if he has evil intentions, how can I feel at ease when the imperial examination is such a big deal? Lingqiu, do you understand?"

Yan Lingqiu still doesn't understand what he wants to do, if he is not at ease, why would he entrust this task that many literati are competing for? It is simply contradictory.

He lowered his head and said, "I am stupid."

Lu Ze smiled softly, and said: "During the Emperor Xian period, the party and government were chaotic, and it took three emperors before and after to completely eradicate the party members of each faction. I didn't expect that after I ascended the throne for only three years, the signs would start again." Yan

Ling Qiu Xin was surprised: "Your Majesty is saying?"

Lu Ze raised his eyes and looked at him: "Zhang Xianlin was born in Jiangxi, and there are many adults in the court who belong to the same place as him. As far as I know, these adults have been in the court recently. ...That's very unanimous. Even the chief examiner of this test unanimously recommends Zhang Xianlin." Naturally,

Yan Lingqiu had heard about the disaster of party disputes during the Emperor Xian's period, but he didn't expect this trend to happen. It was going to happen again, but as the admiral of Jingchasi, he was completely unaware of this kind of thing, and the emperor had to point it out.

He immediately knelt down: "It's my negligence, Your Majesty forgive me!"

Lu Ze looked down at him and said, "At most, they used the name of their fellow countrymen to get closer and closer, and they didn't do anything to startle the snake. Why would you think of that? Don't blame you, get up."

Yan Lingqiu stood up silently, with a faint guess in his mind, and said: "Your Majesty summoned the ministers here today to..."

Lu Ze looked at He sighed: "The chief examiner and the others jointly recommended this time. I'm afraid it's an idea to get more students from Jiangxi to be on the list." It can be said that it has a great influence, and I have to take it seriously."

Yan Lingqiu looked at him, and Lu Ze looked serious: "I don't believe everyone in the court, but you are the only one who can believe it. That's why I called you into the palace. Gong, I want you to cooperate with Zhang Xianlin to take charge of this meeting, to take the responsibility of being in charge of the academy, and to investigate this matter secretly. Are you willing?" Hearing this,

Yan Lingqiu's heart trembled fiercely, and his rationality made him doubt the emperor's intentions. Ju may have other plans, but he really doesn't understand what the emperor wants to do.

He just bowed his head and replied: "It is the duty of ministers to serve His Majesty."

Lu Ze's expression softened slightly, and he sighed: "Nowadays, the situation in the court is complicated, and the only one I can trust wholeheartedly is you, Ling Qiu." Yan Lingqiu moved his fingers slightly, and said after a while: "Can you?

" It is my honor to share your majesty's worries."

Lu Ze said again: "Before you were punished for your salary and stripped of your right to be a prisoner under the Three Laws, it was mostly for them to see. When it comes to this matter, it should be you. It is yours, and I will not wrong you."

Yan Lingqiu thought a lot in his heart, and Lu Ze's vigilant attitude in the past six months made him not believe these words, but he was inevitably a little shaken. He said: "Your Majesty is well-intentioned, and I understand."

Lu Ze said comfortingly, "It's good that you understand."

Yan Lingqiu glanced at Lu Ze, thought for a moment and said: "If Your Majesty has nothing else to do, then I will go first." Retire, and prepare for the corresponding matters?"

"No hurry." Lu Ze smiled softly, he stood up, looked back at him and said, "I heard from Fushun that a lot of flowers in the Royal Garden have bloomed these days, and I haven't had time Let's go and see. It just so happens that Lingqiu is here today, how about going with me to see?"

Although Yan Lingqiu was puzzled by Lu Ze's sudden invitation, he still bowed and accepted: "It's already mid-spring, and I want to come to the imperial garden for flowers. The opening was excellent, and if His Majesty invited you, I would naturally be disrespectful."