Chapter 66

There was a moment of silence.

Lu Ze looked at him for a moment, but smiled: "I mean to watch Xiongtai, but I don't seem to be joking." The

young man in green robe smiled and said: "With Wei Beihou here, and my lord is also an official in the Imperial Academy. There will be more channels for news." He paused, and then said in a vague way: "After all, not everyone is so lucky to be able to win the first place among dozens of candidates in the examination, and go straight to the Imperial Academy." Lu

Zeduan Shaking the teacup, he said: "That's right." He raised his eyes and said slowly: "Tanhua not only has a literary talent, but also has a beautiful appearance, like brother Taiwan, it is futile to want the position of Tanhua. "

The young man in green robe got up angrily: "Lu Ze, what do you mean?"

Lu Ze looked at him lightly, and smiled contemptuously: "It's just a joke, brother, why do you have to act like this?" The

young man in green robe breathed heavily, He shouted sharply: "Lu Ze, don't think that you can be so arrogant with the support of Wei Beihou behind you! If you look weak and love to relax, those who serve others with color will not last long in the end!" There was dead silence around

. Yan Weijing frowned, and was about to say something, when he heard a clear and cold voice not far away: "What are you talking about?"

Everyone looked back, only to see the young man in white robes walking up, The facial features are deep and distinct, and the scar at the end of the eyebrow just adds a bit of sharp and unprovoked meaning to people.

Others didn't know him, but Yan Weijing had seen him come to pick up Lu Ze, so he quickly got up and bowed and said, "I have seen Lord Hou." Everyone was startled, and they got up one after another to see the

salute The voice was bustling for a while, but the young man in green robe turned slightly pale.

Lu Ze's expression was soft, and he stepped forward to meet him, and asked warmly, "Why are you here?"

Wei Yan looked at him: "I haven't seen you coming after waiting for a long time, so I came to look for you."

He glanced at the group of people, and his voice was cold: "What were you talking about just now? Why won't it last long?"

No one spoke, Cold sweat broke out on the forehead of the green-robed young man, and he swallowed unconsciously.

He dared to confront Lu Ze face to face, but it didn't mean he dared to provoke the famous Wei Beihou.

Wei Yan didn't get the answer, and looked humble: "Do you want me to ask you again?"

The group of people were silent, but their eyes were on the young man in green robe.

The man swallowed, gritted his teeth, stepped forward and said, "Go back to Lord Marquis, it's what the subordinate said."

He only hoped that he didn't hear all of their words.

Wei Yan's eyes lightly fell on him, his eyes were cold, and he said slowly: "Serving others with color, can't last long?" The young

man in green robe was suffocated: "Xiaguan..."

Wei Yan didn't wait for him to speak, and said: " What's your name?"

The man buzzed: "Your officer...Li Wenxiu."

Wei Yan: "Where do you work?"

He stammered: "The household and the household department take turns."

"The household department?" Wei Yan He glanced at him: "It's a good place to go."

Before Li Wenxiu could let go, he heard Wei Yan say: "It's a pity that you are like you. If you want to come to the household department, you won't be able to stay for long."

Li Wenxiu's face changed suddenly, and just as he was about to say something, Wei Yan was no longer in the mood to listen to her words, so he took Lu Ze's hand and turned around to leave: "I've been waiting for you for a long time, and I wasted time because of these people?" "I told you

earlier , if someone dares to say something in front of you, don't worry about it, just tell me, why bother talking to them now?"

Lu Ze said with a smile on his face: "I didn't care at all, but luckily you made it in time Come here."

Li Wenxiu's expression became even more ugly when he heard the words, the fear of being dismissed from office had already overcome his fear of Wei Yan, and he was about to step forward in two hurried steps: "Master Hou! You can't do this!"

Wei Yan paused, looking back Looking at it, Li Wenxiu's face was ugly,

and he said boldly : "I didn't make a mistake. Lord Hou can't say such a thing without a reason." There are so many, you don't need to make mistakes, and the biggest mistake is not making any achievements."

The first three Jinshi can directly enter the Imperial Academy. However, the second-tier and third-tier players need to pass the imperial examination before deciding where to go. Although Li Wenxiu got into the Ministry of Household Affairs by luck, if he can't make any real achievements, he will be sent to the local magistrate in the end.

Li Wenxiu clenched his fists, his brain got hot, and he blurted out in disbelief: "If you say that you have made no achievements, isn't the marquis well-deserved?"

Lu Ze glanced over, his eyes dark.

Everyone was also surprised.

Li Wenxiu regretted what he said, but the matter is over and cannot be taken back. He could only confront him with a tit for tat: "It is said that the envoy from the Western Qin Dynasty said yesterday that he wanted to marry Lord Hou and establish a good relationship between the two countries. If Lord Hou really puts his heart and soul into serving the people, how can he indulge in his children's private affairs? Why don't you agree? The frontier can also be stable With fewer wars, the people and soldiers will suffer less."

Everyone gasped. Lu Ze's expression turned cold suddenly, and he said, "Short-sighted, a frog in a well. I know that there are differences in people, but I never thought that there would be such a fool among Jinshi!

" Frontier, if he goes to get married, who will the people of the frontier hand over to? Are you such a waste? You say that this matter was decided by the emperor, and it is also allowed by the emperor. Are you dissatisfied with the official or the emperor when you say this here? Li

Wenxiu's face turned pale, and Lu Ze said again: "Master Li cares so much about the border people, why don't I go to the emperor now and send you to Princess Xiqin. It is rumored that Princess Xiqin loves men very much, especially those who are gentle and gentle." Literati. They are all married. I sent a Jinshi there in Dazhou. Firstly, it seems to be important, and secondly, it can also like the princess."

Li Wenxiu's face turned pale: "Lu Ze, you don't want to be here. Insulting people lightly!"

"Insulting? For the sake of the country and the people, how can it become an insult in Mr. Li's mouth?" Lu Ze said coldly, looking at him with cold eyes: "It's hard for a person who sits in a well and watches the sky to see the sky." Huge. Master Li should not talk casually in the future, just to make others laugh."

The surroundings were completely silent, and Li Wenxiu's face turned blue and red, but he couldn't say anything anymore.

Lu Ze took Wei Yan's hand, turned his head to restrain his sharpness, and said warmly: "Let's go."

Wei Yan glanced casually, obviously not paying attention to that person, turned around and was about to leave, but suddenly heard There was a burst of applause from the peach grove not far away: "Wonderful, really wonderful."

Lu Ze paused, looked back, and saw Yeluqi walking out slowly while the peach branches were fluttering, followed by two followers. While applauding, he said: "Lord Lu is eloquent, Xiao Wang has seen it."

Lu Ze's face remained unchanged, and he said: "It is said that the man from Xiqin is straightforward and aboveboard, could it be that he is aboveboard by eavesdropping on others' words?"

Yeluqi shrugged his shoulders: "Lord Lu's words are really unfair. Xiao Wang just happened to pass by here by chance, and happened to hear these words, and didn't cover them up, so why did he eavesdrop ?" He said more, but he only said after hearing the words: "In that case, I apologize to the fifth prince. I hope the fifth prince will have a good time."

Yeluqi didn't expect him to react like this, and said: "Xiao Wang is just here, and I'm sorry. I don't know much about this place. Shouldn't Mr. Lu lead Xiao Wang around?"

Lu Ze glanced at him, "The fifth prince may not know that today is the rest day for officials of the Great Zhou."

Yeluqi picked it up. Eyebrows, Lu Ze said: "For today, I don't care about official business. What is the fifth prince's request, let's wait until tomorrow."

Yeluqi's face contorted for a moment, and he forcibly regained his composure. He set his eyes on Wei Yan and said, "After all, we met once, are you really so heartless?"

Lu Ze gave him a strange look, and then laughed softly: "I thought, as far as the fifth prince is concerned, it is It's better not to know each other."

Yeluqi's eyes widened, and he regained his composure and said, "Lord Lu also said that a public is a public, and Xiao Wang's visit here today is only a private trip."

Lu Ze and Wei Yan looked at each other With a glance, he said: "In that case, please go ahead, fifth prince." As

soon as the words fell, the two left together, and Yeluqi also followed behind them, leaving only a group of literati, looking at each other.

Yan Weijing didn't want to take more, said his farewell, then turned and left.

When the group arrived at the place where the carriage was parked, Yeluqi looked around and clicked his tongue: "Xiao Wang also said that he would go into the forest to see if there were any animals, and he would have a full meal by then. But he didn't expect that if In such a huge forest, there is not even a single rabbit."

Lu Ze sat on the ground in front of the silk cloth covered with snacks, and said, "Fanglin Mountain is originally for enjoying the scenery, so it is natural to ensure the safety of those who come. If the fifth prince wants to hunt, he will speak to His Majesty the Emperor, naturally Someone will arrange for it."

Yeluqi sat across from the two of them, grabbed a handful of snacks and ate them politely, raised his eyebrows and said, "Great Zhou is really prosperous, and there are such special places for entertainment." He looked at it Taolin behind her eyes, and then looked at the dim sum in her hand: "Even this dim sum is exquisite and unique. In my Western Qin Dynasty, there is no such good sugar that can be used for such sweet desserts." Lu Ze just

listened Not understanding what he was talking about, he just said: "If the prince likes it, eat more."

Yeluqi stuffed the mung bean cake into his mouth, looked at Lu Ze and said, "Master Lu is a smart person, and there are some things that I should not need." It is so clear."

Lu Ze took a sip of tea, and said slowly: "Forgive me for being dull, and it is difficult to understand the meaning of the prince's words."

Yeluqi laughed: "If Mr. Lu is stupid, then there is no one in this world. Smart people." He looked up at the two sitting side by side, and said, "Xi Qin and Da Zhou have been fighting for several years, causing great harm to both sides, don't you two want to completely end this situation? Lu

Ze only said: "This is something that the adults in the court need to worry about. I am only a small sixth-rank official. The prince really found the wrong person." Yeluqi didn't care what he said, and just said:

" My old man is really old, and has been wavering under the instigation of those ministers these years, and wants to make my good brother his son. Now he even thinks of such a ridiculous method of marriage, it is becoming more and more stupid "

He leaned forward a little, looked at the expressions of the two, and said in a low voice: "I don't agree with the two of you, if you are willing to help me... the moment I ascend the throne, it will be Da Zhou. The moment when the century-old peace with Western Qin began."

Wei Yan's expression moved slightly, he lowered his eyes and said: "Anyone can say beautiful words, if the eldest prince of Xiqin is here, I'm afraid the words will not be bad." There is something to this remark, Yeluqi sat up straight and

smiled He smiled and said: "It's one thing to say something beautifully, but it's another thing to be able to do it. Xiao Wang is here this time, naturally he has sincerity." He said, opening a

hand , said: "Five hundred horses, Lord Hou thinks, is this sincerity enough?"

...

Yeluqi did not stalk, and got up and left after leaving the words. The brain is very different.

Wei Yan and Lu Ze didn't have any intentions to continue their outings, so they discussed this on the return carriage: "Yeluqi is in a hurry."

Lu Ze said, "The Empress of West Qin has great strength behind her. The opinion of those ministers. I'm afraid that among the envoys on this trip is someone from the eldest prince, otherwise he would only bring two servants with him."

Wei Yan lowered his eyes for a moment and said: "If he is in a hurry, let him be in a hurry. "

Things were different from what they had imagined at the beginning, but the result was better than what they had imagined.

Now they are the ones who take the initiative, and Yeluqi is the one who asks for others.

In this way, this matter has more room for manipulation, and they can benefit more from it.

"It's just that the fifth prince is smart. If he really controls Xiqin, it may not be a good thing." Wei Yan couldn't help worrying.

Lu Ze only said: "Even if you are smart, there is a limit to how smart you are."

"Besides, there are so many people in the court, so many people have to worry about what kind of regulations to get." He rubbed Wei Yan's head and hugged him in his arms: "There is still half a day left, husband Still think about it, how should I live with me."

Wei Yan glared at him, and whispered: "You tossed so long last night... Isn't it enough?"

Lu Ze only said: "For you, how could I Is it enough?"

...

After this matter was reported to the emperor, the opinions of the officials in the court were the same as that of Lu Ze and the others.

The longer it dragged on, the more Yeluqi couldn't bear it, and the more benefits they could negotiate.

It was also because of this that Yeluqi often tried to find out about this matter, but he was always fooled. He also went from being full of confidence at the beginning to becoming more and more anxious later, and his heart fell into a lack of self-confidence.

Things took a turn for the better after Yeluqi was assassinated.

That night, Wei Yan and Lu Ze were invited to come to the brothel Yeluqi frequented, and they saw him walking up and down the room with a look of anxiety on his face.

Yeluqi hurried forward and held Lu Ze's shoulder with his intact left hand: "What did Lord Lu think about my previous proposal?" He pointed to his badly injured right arm, and said impatiently: "Today's You have all seen the assassination, Yelv Falcon just wants me to die in Dazhou, so that I can put the blame on you, and he can openly send troops again!" "

If he is allowed to succeed, there will be a war between Xiqin and Dazhou. There will never be peace. But I am different, I can promise that as long as I am in power, there will never be a war between Dazhou and Xiqin!" "

My sincerity is already there, if you think it is not enough, We can discuss it again!"

Lu Ze and Wei Yan looked at each other unrecognizably, with smiles in their eyes.

The fish is hooked.

...

The ministers in the court will worry about the next matter, and Lu Ze's current status is far from enough for such important court affairs.

He only knew that Yeluqi's complexion gradually improved in the past few days, until the Western Qin Mission left the capital, his expression was already relaxed.

It can be seen that the negotiation results are good.

After the Xiqin Mission left, Honglu Temple became idle in an instant.

As a result, although Lu Ze held two jobs, he left late and returned early every day, not as busy as Wei Yan.

It was a sunny day, and Lu Ze was lying on the couch by the window and reading books leisurely. Seeing this, 777 couldn't help but talk in his mind: 【Host, is it really okay for you to be like this? 】

Lu Ze raised his eyebrows: 【What's wrong? ]

777 said: [Just... the mission target is busy outside, but you are so leisurely here...] [

And the host, I feel that you are not as diligent as the previous two worlds...]

Obviously the hosts of the first two worlds were not as diligent at the beginning. Anxious to make money and start a company, but the hosts of this world have been here for so long, but they are leisurely every day, except for the time when the Xiqin Mission came, it seems that they have never done anything serious.

Lu Ze put the book in front of him, and said slowly: [Silly seven, I used to struggle because I had to fight, but now my husband is rich, powerful and powerful, so what else should I fight for? ]

777 hesitated for a long time before choking out a sentence: [But the host, you are... eating soft food, right? 】

Lu Ze responded with a smile: 【777 is really smart. 】

777 was silent for a while: 【You still eat his food and live his flower...】

Lu Ze hummed, and a smile flashed in his eyes: [Why, is there a rule that you can't eat soft rice? ]

777 took a breath: [No. 】

It squatted silently in the corner of Lu Ze's consciousness, and said: 【As long as the host is happy. 】