001: First Day Back

Summer Jones was stood outside of East High School in Salt Lake City, waiting for two of her best friends

Summer Jones was stood outside of East High School in Salt Lake City, waiting for two of her best friends. They eventually arrive on their skateboards after nearly hitting a poor women.
"Toke you guys long enough." Summer says with a laugh as her friends get off their skateboards.
"Sorry Sum." Ricky Bowen says taking off his helmet and grabbing her skateboard.
"Don't worry about it." The girl replies as the trio walks towards the school.
"Today's the day, guys. It's happening." Ricky says.
"Hell yeah, junior year, baby. Might grow a moustache. Might do a lot of things." Big Red replies causing Summer to laugh lightly.
"Dude, I'm talking about Nini." Ricky says. "Today's the day we start over."
"Really sorry to ruin the party, but I got to get to my locker." Summer tells the two boys.
"Sum, our lockers are right next to each other." Ricky says.
"Don't you want to go find Nini first?" Summer asks.
"Uhm, yeah. Okay, see you in class?" Ricky asks.
"You know it." Summer replies before separating from the two boys.

Summer had gone to her locker, not to get anything but to call her sister's school to make sure she got there okay. No one knew about her home life, and she didn't want anyone to. But this lead to her being very protective of her little sister, she would normally walk her sister to school, but couldn't today because of the fact she wanted to see Ricky before he talked to Nini to give him a pep talk, but that didn't go to plan because of how long the two boys toke.

After making sure her sister got to school safely, Summer went to go find Ricky and Big Red. While doing so she found Nini and Kourtney, but Ricky wasn't with them.
"Hey." She says walking over to them.
"Oh my god! Summer!" Nini says hugging the girl tightly. "It's been way to long."
"I know. I am so sorry for how things were before you left for camp. I didn't mean to become so distant." Summer says pulling away from Nini and hugging Kourtney.
"No problem, girl. You can have other friends you know." Kourtney says as her and Summer pull apart.
"Thanks for understanding." Summer says with a smile.
"Of course we understand. You're our best friend." Nini says before pulling out her phone. "I actually have something I want to show you both."
"What is it?"Summer asks.
"This." Nini says handing her phone to Kourtney.
There was a picture of a boy on there.
"Oh, I know who that is Nini." Kourtney says.
"Have you got a new boyfriend?" Summer asks.
"Kinda." Nini says with a laugh as she opens her locker. "And I am like 0.2 seconds away from making that my lock screen."
"I can't tell if you're glowing or you're sun-burnt." Summer says.
"Definitely glowing. Yeah, I had the best summer, ever." Nini says.
"And what does you-know-who have to say about this?" Kourtney asks.
"I'm waiting for the right time to tell him." Nini says grabbing her phone back.
"Yo, Nini." Ricky shouts coming over. "What's good?"
"How do you feel about right now?" Kourtney asks.
"Hey." Ricky says as Nini turns to him.
"Hey." Nini replies. "Um... can we talk?"
"Sure." Ricky says.
"I met somebody else at camp." Nini tells him. "I didn't plan..."
"Wait, wait, is this a joke?" Ricky asks looking back at Big Red, before turning back to Nini. That's when he spots Summer stood next to Kourtney.
"Still talking here." Nini says.
"Oh snap." Kourtney says causing Big Red to give her an annoyed look.
"I met someone at camp. Uh, I didn't plan for it to happen, but it happened." Nini tells him. "He was the Music Man, I was Marian, the librarian. It's called a showmance."
"Wait, you went to librarian camp? That's a thing?" Big Red asks.
"Please... tell me you're joking." Ricky says.
"I'm not." Nini and Big Red say at the same time.
"Come on, Ricky. You know what you did." Nini says. "Or what you didn't do."
'Good morning students. Please make your way to the gym for our annual back- to- school kickoff.'
"I don't believe this." Ricky says. "You're blowing me off for some theatre punk you met four weeks ago? At a lake?"
"You kinda dumped me!" Nini replies.
"It was a break. It wasn't a break up." Ricky tells her.
"I'm sorry Ricky. But it's a break up now." Nini tells him.
"Pop off, girl." Kourtney says.
"Stay out of it, Kourtney." Big Red tells her.
"You stay out of it." Kourtney replies. "I'm dismantling the patriarchy this year. And I'm not afraid to start with you."
"Kourt, let's just head to the gym." Summer says.
She glances at Ricky who was looking back at her. She gives him a small smile before pulling Kourtney away. Nini looks at Ricky before running to catch up with the two girls.
"You crushed it." Kourtney says linking arms with Nini. "That could not have gone better."
Nini smiles before linking arms with Summer as well. Summer felt really bad for Ricky. She couldn't help but feel that she was betraying him a bit by walking off with Nini and Kourtney. But, she was friends with Nini and Kourtney as well as Ricky and Big Red. Ricky wouldn't mind. Would he?