097: Just Walk Away

"Oh, look at you! You're playing Troy and you made it to Act Two

"Oh, look at you! You're playing Troy and you made it to Act Two." Kourtney says, going over to Ricky.
"Huh?" Ricky asks. "Oh, yeah."
"You okay, Ricky?" Kourtney asks.
"I..." Ricky starts.
"Uhm, come on. Bro bear, Ricky, places for 'The Boys Are Back'." Maddox announces.
"Can we really start an Act Two without a Gabriella?" Ricky asks.
Since their small fight Summer had not returned to the dressing room.
"I still no all her lines." Dani says.
Causing Ricky to give her a look.
"Sorry Dani, but no one can do better then our Gabriella. Believe me, I would know." Gina says.
"I'm here, eveyrbody. Hi, I'm here." Summer says, rushing in.
"Hey." Ricky says, a small smile on his face.
Even though things between them weren't great at the moment, he still wouldn't want to do the show with anyone else.
"Hey." Summer replies.
"Look... I'm sorry for how I reacted. I get why you didn't tell me. I'm so happy for you. Of course you're gonna do this new movie. Of course 'High School Musical 4' wasn't a fluke for you. You're amazing, Sum. Of course, you need to go and be a star." Ricky tells her. "And I've probably completely ruined our whole anniversary with the way I reacted."
"You didn't ruin anything." Summer says, placing a hand on his shoulder and kissing his cheek. "I'll talk to Quinn. Maybe I can get my flight put back a few days so we can send this weekend together. Just the two of us. No distractions."
"I like the sound of that." Ricky says, lovingly.
They pull apart and smile at each other.
"Let's go, bro." Jet says, patting Ricky on the shoulder as he walks past.
"Good luck." Summer tells him. "You're gonna smash it."
Ricky smiles, handing her her next costume. She thanks him before running off to put it on.

Before long Summer and Ricky were back on stage together.
"So, here's the thing." Ricky says as Troy, handing the prop picnic basket to Summer. "Your freshman honors program at Stanford?"
"How did you hear about that?" Summer asks as Gabriella.
"A lot of people heard about it." Ricky says. "I wasn't one of them. Why?"
"Because I knew what you would say." Summer says.
"Of course you should do the honors programme. Is that what you were trying to tell me in the backyard the other day?"
"One of the things." Summer responds.
"Okay. What else?" Ricky asks.
"I've been trying to talk to my mom about staying in Albuquerque another year. I'll just take some classes here and go to Stanford when I'm ready." Summer says.
"You can't put of something as amazing as Stanford. You have to go." Ricky tells her, meaning the last part in more ways then anyone but Summer would know. "It's the right thing to do."
"But I always do the right thing. Maybe I want to be a little crazy this time." Summer says. "I mean, everything about my life has been full speed ahead. I told you, I wish it would all just slow down. To a stop."
"We're going to graduate. That's going to happen." Ricky says, as Summer spots Mack by the door. "We can't slow down time."
"I guess my heart my heart just doesn't know it's in high school." Summer says.
"Well..." Ricky says.
"Troy, you don't have to say anything else." Summer tells him, turning to him. "I'm a lot better at goodbyes then you. I've had a ton of practice."
Summer leans forward and kisses Ricky cheek before they continue the scene.

Summer was backstage when Ellie came up to her.
"Just a few more songs, Summer Jones, then, tonight, live on TV, the rest of the world gets to see my sister make waves." Ellie says.
"Thanks El." Summer says.
"Are you okay?" Ellie asks, just as the music starts playing. "Summy?"
Summer ignores Ellie's question and walks out on stage.

While Summer walks out onto the stage Mack walks up to Ricky on the other side of the stage.
"Oh great. Mark." Ricky says sarcastically.
"Wow boy. You're actually killing it tonight." Mack tells him.
"Thanks for the 'actually', Romeo." Ricky says.
"Oof, Shakespeare intimidates me." Mack says.
"You intimidate me." Ricky says, causing Mack to give him a shocked look. "Seriously, I'm angry at how good you were in 'Mark and Spark'. That episode where you had to perform emergency gallbladder surgery on the dog? It ruined me."
"The network hated that episode." Mack says.
"Then the network is dumb." Ricky says. "I wish there was like, 38 more episodes of that stupid show."
"You know that was a real gallbladder. The entire episode was my idea." Mack tells him.
"Well, you're genetically blessed, you're brilliant, and you end up with Juliet in the end." Ricky says, looking at Summer on the last part. "Congrats Mack. I guess some nice guys really do finish first."
Just then Summer starts singing on stage.

I guess I should've known better
To believe that my luck had changed
Oh, I let my heart and forever
Finally learn each others names

I tell myself this time it's different
No goodbyes 'cause I can't bear to say 'em
I'd never survive the one that's coming
If I stay
Oh, no

Just walk away and don't look back
'Cause if my heart breaks it's gonna hurt so bad
You know I'm strong but I can't take that
Before it's too late
Oh, just walk away

"Be good to her." Ricky tells Mack. "Just um... please take care of her in New Zealand."
Mack nods before waling away.
As the song finishes Summer looks at Ricky before walking down to the prop car then walking off stage.

"Summy, can you please tell me what's wrong?" Ellie asks.
"I don't know if I'm ready to leave East High just yet." Summer admits.
"You mean you don't know if you're ready to leave Ricky yet." Ellie corrects.
"Or you." Summer adds.
"Summy, this is you're dream!" Ellie whispers shouts, grabbing her sisters hands. "You have to follow it."
"I..." Summer starts.
Summer gets cut off by the backing sound to 'Scream'. She looks towards the stage and watches as Ricky performs 'Scream'.

After watching Ricky perform 'Scream' Summer runs off for a quick change. As she was leaving to head back to the stage, she runs into Jet.
"Hey Jet, you okay?" Summer asks.
"Yeah, I just found out Maddie is going to New Zealand with you to film that movie." Jet says.
"Oh." Summer says.
"Yeah, Quinn thinks she's a future AD, whatever that is." Jet says. "I just don't know if I can be here at East High without her. Or you."
"Or me?" Summer asks.
"I never saw us being friends. But I'm glad we are." Jet tells her.
"I'm glad we're friends too." Summer says.
"And I'm really, really happy for you that you have this movie offer." Jet says. "Just promise you won't completely change while you're away."
"I promise. Bad boy." Summer says, bringing back his role from the documentary. Jet laughs and shakes his had as Summer also laughs, just as Kourtney walks in. "I better get back to stage, see you guys in a bit."
Summer sends them both a smile before leaving.