092: Closure

Summer nervously walks up to the house she had never expected to go near

Summer nervously walks up to the house she had never expected to go near. She takes a breath before knocking on the door. A few moments later the door opens and stood there was Annie Jones.
"Summer?" Annie asks, shocked upon seeing her daughter stood there.
"Hey mom." Summer says, not a hint of nervousness showing in her voice.
"What are you doing here?" Annie asks.
"I want to talk to you and dad." Summer tells her.
"Of course. Come in." Annie says, before Summer takes a small breath before walking into the house. She looks around to see photos of her and Ellie all over the walls. "We miss you and your sister so much."
"Summer?" Chris Jones asks, walking into the room his wife and daughter were in.
"why did you guys do what you did?" Summer asks, looking at her parents. "Why did you abuse me? Why did you leave me to raise Ellie when I was not even ten. Why did you not love me?"
"Summer, of course we loved you." Annie tells her.
"No you didn't." Summer says. "Someone who you wouldn't do what you did to me."
"Summer, sweetheart, we..." Chris starts.
"Because of what you were putting me through, I blocked my best friends out, got a boyfriend who treated me like shit because that's what I thought that's the only way I could be treated. Because of you I thought that's what I deserved." Summer says. "And during all of this I didn't say anything to anyone. I was scared. Every time I came home I was scared something was going to happen. I had to lie to my sister all the time because of you. I had to pretend that everything was fine when deep down I was broken."
"Summer, we loved you and we still do. We're sorry for everything we put you through. Neither of us had a good childhood. We know that's no excuse for what we did to you. But... we promised ourselves you and Ellie wouldn't have the same sort of childhood we did. But we broke that promise, and probably gave you a worse childhood then we did." Annie tells her.
"I was ten and looking after my seven year old sister. How is that a childhood?" Summer asks. "I love Ellie with my whole heart, and I would never let anything happen to her. But, a ten year old shouldn't be looking after her younger siblings when she's still a child herself."
"We know, sweetie, we know." Chris says.
"How are you guys even out of jail anyway?" Summer asks.
"One of our friends payed our bail." Annie says. "Only arrangement is we can't go up to you or Ellie. If you came to us, like you have then we can talk to you."
"You broke that arrangement a few weeks ago when you came up to me." Summer says.
"We know we did. But, we had to talk to you." Chris tells her.
"I came here for closure. But... I don't think I can forgive you guys." Summer tells them.
"We know, we get it." Annie says. "Just know that we're proud of you. An album, a documentary and a movie. That's incredible."
"Thanks, I guess." Summer says. "I'm gonna go."
"We're happy we got to see you again." Chris says.
"I'm happy I've finally got the closure, I needed." Summer says, before walking towards the door.
She looks back at her parents once more before walking out the house.

__________

Summer got back to the school, she headed to the rehearsal room to find everyone but Emmy and Ellie there.
"Where's Ellie?" Summer asks entering the room.
"Went to go find Emmy." Alice tells her.
"Hey, Sum." Ricky asks, quickly walking over to her, seeing the look on his girlfriends face. "Are you okay?"
"I... I uhm... I just went to see my parents." Summer says, tears starting to well up in her eyes.
"Oh, Sum." Kourtney says, as her, Alice, Stephanie, Gina, Ashlyn, Carlos, Seb and Miss Jenn all walk up to the couple.
"I'm... I'm okay." Summer tells them. "I've finally got the closure I have needed for a long time."
Ricky hugs Summer tightly kissing her side of her head, Summer closes her eyes enjoying the embrace. After they pull apart everyone else hugs Summer, when it gets to Gina last the pair stand there for a moment.
"Summer, I'm so sorry for everything I said. I didn't mean I single..." Gina starts, but gets cut off by Summer hugging her.
"I know." Summer says, before slowly pulling away, and wiping some stray tears from below her eyes. "It's gonna take a bit of time to get back to where we were, but... I really needed that hug."
Gina smiles at her before stepping aside, letting Ricky stand in front of Summer.
"You know..." Ricky starts, grabbing both Summer's hands. "I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you."
"Well, I could say the same." Summer says.
Ricky smiles, letting go of one of her hands. He places his free hand on her chin before kissing her.
"I love you." He tells her, after pulling away.
"I love you to." Summer replies.
"My babies." Miss Jenn says, tearing up, causing Mr Mazzara to place a hand on her shoulder.
"You know, Miss Jenn you're the one who brought us all together." Summer tells her, turning to her.
"That's not true. You'd be here with some other drama teacher." Miss Jenn says.
"Um, no. We literally wouldn't. Have you not been listening to us?" Carlos asks.
"Actually wait, you've never told us how you actually ended up here." Ashlyn points out.
"Or why." Stephanie adds.
"It's not important." Miss Jenn says.
"We'll be the judge of that." Maddox says, as Ellie walks back into the room.
"Be nice, Maddox. Gina is the intimidating girl around here." Miss Jenn says jokingly, as Ellie hugs Summer tightly.
"She's not wrong." Ellie says, causing a couple of the group to laugh.
"Go on, Miss Jenn." Summer says, as Ricky grabs her hand, pulling her to sit down next to him on the raised seats. Ricky wraps an arm around Summer's shoulders as Ellie sits on the other side of him. "Tell us how you got here."
Miss Jenn smiles and looks around at the group.
"It was one month before school started last year."