089: In The Pouring Rain

Summer was talking with Mack until Quinn gets everyone's attentions

"Okay, listen up. I just learned that Mack and Summer are minors. So legally I have to wrap them in five minutes." Quinn says.
"We can do it. It's just one more scene." Summer says.
"One important scene that requires multiple setups. To capture the range of admittedly limited character emotions in the script." Quinn says. "I've done the math. We'll never make it."
"We'll what if we make it a oner?" Summer suggests. "Like one set up, no stops. I use to help my friends choreograph in my spare time. And I've been a dancer since I can remember. I can walk the steadycam operator through every move."
"Boom! always down for a oner." Mack says.
"That is virtually impossible to achieve without a rehearsal." Quinn says. "But, given what we've done today. Sure. Let's try it. Take that Maria Jay. Besides how have can a steadycam be?"
Quinn walks away and Summer turns to Mack.
"Okay, just think of it like a slow waltz. Three steps at a time, just follow me." Summer tells him.
Mack nods before they get into potions and the scene begins.

"For the past three years, it's been you and me." Summer says, as her and Mack walk through the set hand in hand.
"And I wouldn't change a thing." Mack says, coming to a stop before lifting Summer up, spinning her around as she giggles.
"Not even the homecoming when we were on a break and I danced with that boy, Chester?" Summer asks, as they go back to walking through the set hand in hand.
"Only made me miss you more." Mack tells her.
"What about the time I missed your Regional Mathletes Final to race in the Olympic Trials?" Summer asks, as they walk into the corridors.
"I'm just glad that you won." Mack says, as he grabs both her hands. "Look, the only thing that scares me is what happens when you walk out of this building."
"Hey, I'm not scared." Summer says, as they stop in the middle of the corridor, facing each other and holding both hands. "You're my person, Sam. And I'm yours."
"But, your graduating, Bailey and I'm just a junior. You're gonna go and play at some Pac- 12 school. I know you are. What if you forget about you're freaky STEM boy back home?" Mack asks, as they start walking again.
"If I ever did that. I think you'd invent a way to quantum teleport wherever I am." Summer says, peering round the door that separated the two.
"That's not even a real thing." Mack says, as they head to the stairs.
"Hey, I'm just a baller." Summer says, as they walk up the steps. "Just promise you won't forget me either. East High is a big place lots of fish in the sea as they say."
Summer stops at the top of the first flight of stairs, Mack goes round to the other side of the rail, leaning on it, looking down at her.
"And I'm not here to make waves. Besides, I'm too proud of the fact I get to be Bailey Johnson's boyfriend." Mack says.
"I'm proud too." Summer says, before they kiss.

"Cut!" Quinn shouts.
"Well, okay. Did we get it?" Summer asks, as her and Mack walk down the stairs.
"That is a wrap on Mack and Summer for the day." Quinn says, causing Summer and Mack to sigh and hug. "Which felt like nine days. Nice work."
"Thanks." Summer says, before Quinn walks off. A person gives her her phone and Summer thanks them before turning to Mack. "Okay, so. The real reason we did all this in one day..."
"Because were friends." Mack says.
"Yes, and because if we didn't they were gonna cancel my school musical." Summer tells him. "It's a lot to explain, but uhm..." Summer cuts her off spotting two people. "Mama D? Mama Carol?"
"We couldn't miss your big day." Mama Carol says as the two hug her.
"Nini wanted to be here, but you know, school." Mama D says.
"Yeah, I know the feeling." Summer says, laughing.
"You were amazing today." Mama Carol tells her.
"Thank you. Well, now I can focus on being Gabriella." Summer says, looking at Mack.
"Oh, Mack. We're Summers..." Mama D says, trailing off not know what to say.
"They are my mother figures." Summer says, with a smile.
"Hi." Mack says, shaking their hands.
"We were thinking about the two of us, Summer and her sister Ellie going out for dinner. Would you like to join us?" Mama Carol asks.
"No, guys, me and El have 'HSM3' rehearsals in 15 minutes, and I'm sure that's the last thing Mack..." Summer starts.
"Actually, a home cooked meal sounds kind of fire." Mack says.
"But Miss Jenn said..." Summer starts.
"Hey, you just saved that ladies musical. I'm sure the others can fill in for one more day." Mack reassures her.
"It's Miss Jenn. Her names Miss Jenn." Summer says.
"Summer." Miss D says, causing Summer to sigh.
"Okay." Summer says.
"Great, lets go pick up Ellie and go." Mama Carol says.
The other three walk ahead while Summer stays back and closing her eyes letting out a deep sigh.