046: Let Myself Go

While, Stephanie, Alice, Hallie, EJ and Big Red were on stage performing 'Gaston', everyone else was in the bomb shelter

"Wildcats!" Miss Jenn says getting everyone's attention. "This is going fine. I am mostly proud. And I heard Big Red has not thrown up in over 20 minutes."
"She heard wrong." One of the dancers say.
"Every great performance needs an x factor. Something special that puts it over the top." Miss Jenn says. "A little birdy has just told me where our menkies judge is sitting, and I'm thinking that with just a few minor adjustments., we can make this gentleman feel every bit as welcome as the intruder my mother clubbed over the head when I was a girl."
"I thought she just hog tied him." Seb says.
"She just hog tied him." Miss Jenn says, causing a few confused looks. When the next song begins, I have directed Benjamin Mazzara and his lighting- isits..."
"They're called grips." Natalie says.
"To spotlight our judge." Miss Jenn finishes. "Then I need you all to make him feel especially and uniquely welcome. Any questions?"
"Many questions." Summer says.
"Should we just do what we rehearsed?" Seb asks. "Doesn't that feel a little desperate?"
"It feels that way for a reason Sebastian." Miss Jenn says. "Besides, Carlos is a season professional who can roll with anything, right?"
Carlos stares in shock turning to Seb.
"He says 'Help!'" Seb says.

After 'Be Our Guest' there was a 15 minute interval. Summer was walking down the corridor when Landon comes up to her.
"Hey Sum." Landon says.
"Hey." Summer replies
"You're doing amazing up there tonight." Landon tells her.
"Thanks." Summer says. "You were amazing last night, as well." Summer says.
"Thank you." Landon says.
"I would really love to stay and chat, but I have to go rehearse a scene." Summer says.
"I can come with you to help." Landon tells her.
"Are you sure?" Summer asks.
"Of course. Let's go." Landon says.
Summer smiles lightly before following him.

"You know, I don't think you need to rehearse anymore." Landon tells Summer who was sat down in front of him. "You have this in the bag."
"Thanks." Summer says before looking down.
"You okay?" Landon asks.
"Yeah, just nervous." Summer says. "Lily was amazing last night there's no way I can beat that."
"I believe in you." Landon says.
Summer looks at him slightly shocked. He sighs before playing a backing track from his phone.

(Summer, Landon, Both)

Cause everything that I do
Is no game
The reason why I feel so brave
Even when times feel so hard
I find my way

Sometimes it's tough to stand tall
But you know
You are strong and you cannot let go
Even when days get to rough
Go through it all

There's no need to cry
I feel like I can fly
This isn't gonna be a goodbye
Everything that I got
All of these things I do

And tell me that you're fine
That even through this time
You will never get these good times
Everything that I got
All of these things I do

And I'll be climbing mountains high
I can touch the sky
I see the sun rise
The colours shine so bright
I love it and so
I just want to let myself go

And I can almost breath
And no I can't get enough
I'm feeling powerful
Now I know I just wanna let myself go
I just want to let myself

Maybe sometimes I can fall on my knees
Bringing back all those bad memories
Keep your head up
Face the stars
The fade away

I dream of fighting my fears
Then I see
I realize who I could really be
You can take over the world
Win in the end

There's no need to cry
I feel like I can fly
This isn't gonna be a goodbye
Everything that I got
All of these things I do

And I'll be climbing mountains high
I can touch the sky
I see the sun rise
The colours shine so bright
I love it and so
I just wanna let myself go

And I can almost breath
And no I can't get enough
I'm feeling powerful
Now I know
I just wanna let myself go

They both stop singing, the backing track still playing. Summer slowly stands up walking towards Landon.

And I'll be climbing mountains high
I can touch the sky
I see the sun rise
The colours shine so bright
I love it and so
I just wanna let myself go

And I can almost breath
And no I can't get enough
I'm feeling powerful
Now I know
I just wanna let myself go

Summer and Landon stand there looking at each other, before Natalie voice of the PA system snaps them out of it.
'Members of the company this is your 10- minute call to Act Two. Please everyone remain in the same role you started in.'
"I got to go." Summer says.
"Yeah, yeah. Of course." Landon says. "Good luck, you're going to smash it."
"Thanks." Summer says before walking away.

Summer managed to find Nini in the bomb shelter.
"Neen, I need starting pitches for 'Something There'." Summer tells her. Nini then plays the notes. "Okay, I'm thinking of adding some riffs to the song. Like..."
Summer then does a riff.
Okay. Why?" Nini asks.
"Because Lily did it last night, and it was gently glorious." Summer replies.
"Sum, listen to me. You are the best Belle I've ever seen, and I've been in the show before." Nini says.
"Thank you. Okay." Summer says. "Really?"
"Really." Nini reassures her.
"Okay." Summer says.
"Do you want me to go get, El?" Nini asks, sensing Summer was still stress. "She'll some sense into you."
"No, it's okay." Summer says.
"Sum, sound needs to check your mic before Act Two." Natalie tells her.
"Break a leg." Nini says as Summer begins to walk away. "Not litreally."
Summer looks back at her and laughs before following Natalie to where the sound crew was.

While walking to the sound crew, Ricky stops Summer.
"Summer, can we talk?" Ricky asks.
"Not right now, I got to go get my mic checked." Summer says walking past him.
"I heard you singing with Landon." Ricky tells her causing her to stop in her tracks.
"What?" Summer questions turning to look at him.
"I heard you and Landon sing together. I also heard the song you sang a few weeks ago, you know before we..." Ricky says holding up his wrist that was in a brace.
"Why are you telling me this, Ricky?" Summer asks.
"I..." Ricky starts.
"Summer, sound need you like now." Natalie says coming over and grabbing Summer's arm. "Sorry Ricky."
Natalie then drags Summer away, as Ricky watches them sadly.