017: A Moment Missed

Summer and Ricky met up with the rest of the cast at the 'El Ray Theatre' before walking into the building

Summer and Ricky met up with the rest of the cast at the 'El Ray Theatre' before walking into the building. They were walking to the stage having to use their flashlights on their phones to see the way.
"Right this way, follow me." Miss Jenn says. "Ah! Smell that smell, the theatre. Mold. The sign of life. Everyone watch your step and let me know if you haven't had a tetanus shot recently, okay?"
Everyone starts to look around at the set already there.
"Hey Sum, come look at this." Ricky says causing Summer to walk the short distance between them.
"Oh my god!" Summer says laughing at the painting Ricky was pointing to. "Wow."
The two walk over to Big Red and Alice as the lights come on. After a couple of moments Miss Jenn walks over to them.
"Hey, my leading stars." Miss Jenn says. "You're really good. I'm really proud of you."
"Thanks, Miss Jenn." Summer says.
"I'm really glad you're back, Summer." Miss Jenn says grabbing both the girls hands.
"Glad to be back." Summer replies.
"Honestly, I don't know what we would have done without you." Miss Jenn admits, giving Summer's hands a squeeze before walking away.
"Told you." Ricky says nudging the girls shoulders.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Summer says jokingly as she playfully rolls her eyes.
"Okay, let's have some real talk." Miss Jenn announces getting everyone's attention. "Welcome to tech rehearsal. I don't know if you noticed, but most of the tech in this particular theatre appears to be hand cranked. Natalie Bagley, my dear, my stage manager, this is your chance to be the hero."
"Natalie Bagley's getting her wisdom teeth out." Seb tells her.
"Okay, okay, so. I'm down a stage manager, my Taylor is MIA." Miss Jenn says.
"Gina is okay. She's a fighter and she'll be back for opening night." Summer tell her.
"Did she text you?" Nini and Ricky ask at the same time.
"No." Summer admits. "You guys?"
Both of them shake their heads before a sand bag falls causing everyone to jump and a few to scream.
"Totally normal. Just a heads up, from now on." Miss Jenn says. "All rightly, Big Red, do you know how to hang a light?"
"I know how to hang out." Big Red says causing everyone to laugh.
Summer hides her face in Ricky's shoulder trying to hold back her laughter but fails as soon as she brings her head back up catching Ricky's face as he tries to do the same. They look at each other and burst out laughing.
"Cool, Carlos, let's set marks to light 'Status Quo'." Miss Jenn says once everyone had calmed down. "Troy and Gabriella, find somewhere quiet and run the rooftop scene. It's been a while and I need you opening night ready by dinnertime, okay?"
Ricky and Summer smile at each other before grabbing their stuff and walking off to find a quiet space.

Summer and Ricky soon find a space, walking into a small room.
"Yikes, this place is not creepy at all." Summer says.
"Right?" Ricky says as they both let out a small laugh.
"Wow." Summer says once Ricky had turned the lights on. "Now it's a lot less creepy."
"Yeah." Ricky agrees as Summer puts her stuff on a piano that was at the far end of the room. "Sum?"
"Yeah?" Summer asks looking at her.
"I'm really happy you agreed to come back." Ricky tells her.
"So am I." She agrees. "But hey, if I didn't Nini would step into my role. you and her are friends still, right? What would be bad about that?"
"She's not you." Ricky answers slowly walking over to her.
"You really mean that?" Summer asks.
"I really do." Ricky tells her.
They once again get caught staring into each others eyes like they had been a lot since the start of the school year.
"Uhm, page 53?" Summer asks shaking her head slightly to snap herself out of the trance she was in.
"Page 53." Ricky agrees doing the same as he takes a small step back.