054: Never Came Back

Summer was sat on a log, by a fire she had lit when she first got to the woods

Summer was sat on a log, by a fire she had lit when she first got to the woods. She was absent mindly strumming her guitar singing random notes and words.
She didn't know if deciding not to audition was the best decision. Especially as she wasn't actually going to try for the swim team, she just said that so no one would question her. She just couldn't do another play with Ricky after what happened, she may of said they could go back to normally but that's just so things wouldn't be awkward for their friends.
She started playing an actually backing track to a sing on the guitar so decided to just sing what came to mind.

I can get over an ex
I can delete his photos and his texts
I can find a cute guy to obsess about
And I do

I can write my feelings on a journal page
Rip it out, hide it or throw it away
I can tell my feelings don't come around
But they do

Maybe if I didn't fall for a friend
Throw my heart all in
By now I'd be okay
Maybe if there wasn't all those years
That he saw my tears
Heard my heart break stories

Somebody out there please help me
If you go the answer just tell me
How do you get over an ex?
How do you move on when your ex was your best friend?

Best friends since first day of sixth grade
Best friends through braces and bad days
best friend that when there's no prom date
Came knocking in a suit with a bouquet

But these days we don't talk at all
He's my best friend that I never call
Used to go out of the way to go to his place
Now I go out of the way to not see his face

Maybe if I didn't fall for a friend
Throw my heart all in
By now I'd be okay
Maybe if there wasn't all those years
That he saw my tears
heard my heart break stories

Somebody out there please help me
If you got the answers just tell me
How do you get over an ex?
How do you move on when you're ex was you're best friend?

Maybe if I didn't fall for a friend
Throw my heart all in
By now I'd be okay
maybe if there wasn't all those years
he saw my tears
Heard my heart break stories

Somebody out there please help me
If you got the answers just tell me
How do you get over an ex?
How do you move on when your ex was your best friend?

As she finished she heard a few twigs snap from behind her. She turned but no one was there. She looked back to the fire before continuing to absent mindly strumming her guitar.

__________

It was now night and Summer still had not returned to the cabin, to say her friends were worried would be an understatement.
"Hey, did Maddox ever come back after dinner?" Gina asks, walking out the bathroom.
"She probably has some super- top secret important camp tradition business to attend to." Kourtney says.
"Is it bad to say she's kind of a lot?" Ashlyn asks. "And that's coming from me. Someone who is also a lot."
"Come on you guys. Maddox is great." Alice says. "She just wants all of us to bond and be friends and go along with her coll rituals."
"Mm-hm." Ashlyn and Kourtney says.
"Guys, she's harmless." Gina says.
We should be more worried about where Summer is right now." Alice adds. "She wasn't even at dinner."
"She can't have gone far. This camp isn't that big." Ashlyn says.
"Maybe we should head over to the boys cabin and see if they have seen her." Gina suggests.
"She most luckily would have gone to Ellie if anyone." Kourtney points out.
"We can ask Steph and Hal if they've seen her so we don't worry El." Alice says.
"Okay, so their cabin first then if they haven't heard from her, boys cabin?" Gina asks.
"That's our plan." Kourtney says.
"Let's go." Ashlyn says before they all leave.

Stephanie and Haliee had not heard from or seen Summer, so they all head over to the boys cabin before knocking on the door. A couple moments later EJ answers.
"What you all doing here?" EJ asks.
"Have any of you heard from Summer?" Gina says.
"She's in your cabin, you tell us." Landon says.
"She never came back. She wasn't even at dinner." Alice says.
"Wait what?" Ricky says getting up from his bed and walking to stand next to EJ. "What do you mean she never came back?"
"None of us has seen her in hours." Stephanie says.
"Neither have any of us." Carlos says as him and Landon join the other two at the door.
"Okay, that's it. Let's go look for her." Ricky says grabbing his coat.
The girls, EJ and Carlos catch Landon rolling his eyes after Ricky said that, causing them to give him confused looks as they all leave the cabin to look for Summer.

They had looked around the camp and there was still no sign of Summer.
"Seriously. Where the hell could she be." Ricky asks, worried as hell.
"No clue. But we have to find her." Landon says.
"Obviously." Ricky says, in a snappy tone.
"Guys, we get it. You hate each other. But now really is not the time to be fighting." Gina tells the two.
The two boys were glaring at each other when Ashlyn's voice snapped them out of it.
"Summer!" Ashlyn shouts.
Everyone turns to see Summer walking over to them, guitar on her back.
"Hey," Summer says, quietly.
"Where the hell have you been?" Gina asks as they all hug her.
"I just needed some time alone. I'm sorry." Summer says.
"It's okay." Alice says. "Let's just get you back to the cabin."
Summer nods before they all make their way back to the cabins.

__________

The next morning, Summer was woken up by Gina.
"Do you wanna build a snowman?" Gina sings causing Summer to groan and hold her hand to her. "Do you wanna build a snowman?"
"No, it's summer, G, there's no snow." Summer says.
"Good morning, Anna." Gina says, causing Summer to fully wake up and look at her confused.
"What?" Summer asks.
"Come look." Gina says grabbing Summer's hand and dragging her to sit up.
Summer reluctantly gets up and gets ready before following Gina. Gina lead her to the cast list.

Anna- Summer
Elsa- Kourtney
Kristoff- Ricky
Hans- Jet
Sven- EJ
Olaf- Carlos
Young Anna- Ellie
Young Elsa- Emmy
The queen/ Lead female castle servent- Gina
The king/ Lead Male castle servant- Landon
Ensemble- Ashlyn, Alice, Haliee, Stephanie, Jason, Bailey, Jarred, Lauren, Will, Mackenzie, Crash, Arielle, Alyssa

The only question running through Summer's mind was... How the hell did she get Anna when she didn't even audition?