024: It's Gonna Snow

Summer had just arrived at the coffee morning, along with Nini and Ellie who had also offered to help last minute as neither of them had anything better to do

Summer had just arrived at the coffee morning, along with Nini and Ellie who had also offered to help last minute as neither of them had anything better to do. They got given their jobs for the morning. Summer was helping Madelyn with something when Ricky and his dad arrived with Nini's moms.
"Hey." Ricky says walking over to her.
"Hey." Summer replies as she lays stuff out on the table in-front of her.
"Could you use another pair of hands?" Ricky asks Madelyn.
"That would be lovely, you can stay at this table with Summer. Just no kissing or being all coupley. If you guys can handle that for a few hours." Madelyn says half jokingly half seriously.
"I'm telling you now, that they can't!" Nini says from the table next to them.
"Hey!" Summer says in a fake offended voice.
"Come on,you know it's true." Ellie says from the spot next to Nini.
"It is." Mike Bowen agrees from where him and Nini's mom's were sat near the front of the room.
"Dad, really? You to?" Ricky asks.
"Sorry, bud. But it's true." Mike says.
"Guess we just have to prove them wrong." Summer says shrugging her shoulders.
"Guess we do." Ricky agrees standing next to her.
"That's going to be a challenge. Especially for you Ricky." Ellie says causing Nini, Ricky's dad, Nini's moms and Madelyn to nod.
"El, really? Why is everyone ganging up on me?" Ricky asks seeing everyone nodding.
"Because they know I'm right." Ellie responds, to the person who had become like her brother.
"Don't worry, Rick. I know we can do it." Summer reassures patting his back.
"Let's do it then." Ricky says before the pair high five.
Summer looks away from him shaking her head and laughing as she get's back to putting stuff on the table.

Soon enough all the seats around the tables set up in the middle of the room were fall. Some with people that Summer didn't know at all, some filled with people she had seen around school, and some with her friends from the drama club. Miss Jenn showed up as well and were sat with Ricky's dad and Nini's moms.
"Hey, Sum." Madelyn says coming over to the table Summer and Ricky were at. "You ready to show off your talents?"
"I think so." Summer says before looking at Ricky. "Can't be any different from the musical, right?"
"Right. You're gonna do amazing, Sum." Ricky reassures her.
"Okay." Summer says taking a deep breath and closing her eyes for a moment. After a couple seconds she opens them again looking at Madelyn. "I'm ready."
"Come on then, let's get you up there." Madelyn says placing a hand on her shoulder.
"You got this, Sum." Nini says as Summer walks around to the other side of the table.
"Love you, Summy." Ellie says.
"Love you to, El. And thanks Nin." Summer says before Madelyn leads her to the side of the stage were she waits while Madelyn walks onto the stage, were the band had been playing instrumental versions of Christmas songs, placing a microphone into the microphone stand in the middle of the stage near the front.

After a short introduction by Madelyn, Summer walks onstage as everyone watching claps. She closes her eyes again taking a deep breath as she places her hands on the middle part of the microphone turning to the band nodding for them to start playing. She looks back towards the audience, more specifically at Ricky for a moment who gives her a reassuring smile.

Fa- la- la- la- la, fa- la- la- la- la

All I want this holiday is to help the world
Give a hand and say 'I try my best, you know'
What I want this holiday is a first kiss on the perfect date, yeah
Under the mistletoe

We'll have everything we need
Dancing in the streets
Under shining lights on stormy nights
There's love to go around
We can hangout by the fire
Tell stories till we're tired
This time of year, that's lots of cheer and love to go around

It's gonna snow, (It's gonna snow, it's gonna snow)
We're stuck at home (We're stuck at home, we're stuck at home)
Then he knocks on the door (On the door)
Kiss me under the mistletoe, nobody ever has to know
'Cause it's gonna snow

Summer couldn't help but look at Ricky for parts of the song.

All I want this time of year
Is to sing and dance, lose all my fears that I try not to show
What I want this time of year
Is to see him smile and to make it clear that I want him to know

We'll have everything we need
Dancing in the streets
Under shining lights on stormy nights
There's love to go around
We can hangout by the fire
Tel stories till we're tired
This time of year, that's lots of cheer and love to go around

It's gonna snow, (It's gonna snow, it's gonna snow)
We're stuck at home (We're stuck at home, we're stuck at home)
Then he's knocks on the door (On the door)
Kiss me under the mistletoe, nobody ever had to know
'Cause it's gonna snow

There's something magic 'bout this time of year
Might even see a flyin' reindeer
Wake up early, hop out of bed
And build a house made of gingerbread
Everyone will be singing
All the bells will be ringing
That's when you'll know

It's gonna snow (It's gonna snow, it's gonna snow)
We're stuck at home (We're stuck at home, we're stuck at home)
Then he knocks on the door (On the door)
Kiss me under the mistletoe, nobody ever has to know
'Cause it's gonna snow

It's gonna snow
It's gonna snow

Once Summer finishes she smiles as everyone claps for her. She takes a small bow before walking off stage.
She walks over to Ricky who pulls her into a quick hug.
"That was amazing, Sum." Ricky tells her as they pull apart.
"Thanks, Rick." Summer says trying to play all of it off.
"Hey, don't do that." Ricky tells her.
"Do what?" Summer questions.
"Plat what just happened off. Sum, that was seriously amazing. You wrote that amazing song all by yourself, that's incredible." Ricky tells her.
"Thanks, Rick." Summer says with a smile.

As people leave they go over and tell Summer how great she did before they left.
By 1:30pm everyone had left. Apart from the people working the coffee morning, including Summer, Ricky, Madelyn, Nini and Ellie, and Ricky and Nini's parents.
"You did so good, Summer." Madelyn tells her as she walks over to where her and Ricky were stood.
"Thanks Maddi." Summer says.
"Of course." Madelyn says before going to walk away again, but looks over her shoulder at the couple. "You guys can act all coupley now if you want."
"Finally." Ricky says pulling Summer closer to him and kissing her.
"You guys are disgusting." Ellie says causing Nini, who was stood next to her, to laugh.
"Can you stop saying that?" Summer asks.
"Well, you are." Ellie replies.
Summer jokingly rolls her eyes before looking back at Ricky smiling.
"Can we go before they get to disgusting for me to handle?" Ellie asks.
"Yeah, we'll go now. Summer are you coming with us or staying with Ricky?" Carol asks.
"I'm gonna stay with Ricky if that's okay." Summer says.
"Of course it is." Carol says before her, Mama D, Nini, Ellie and Mike leave.
"So, that song?" Ricky asks.
"What about it?" Summer asks.
"Was it by any chance about me?" Ricky questions.
"Maybe." Summer says causing them both to laugh.
"Well I love it. And I love you." He tells her.
"I love you to." Summer replies kissing his cheek.
"Want to go to the movies?" Ricky asks.
"I would love to." Summer replies.

The couple head the the movies to watch a Christmas film. Once it was over they go back to Ricky's and bake cookies before watching HSM 2 and a few more Christmas movies.