004: Run Through and Rehearsal

After getting fitted for costumes it was time for the run through of the production

Summer walks into the drama room, which was known as the bomb shelter, with Landon. There was a circle of tables and chairs for the main cast and a a few seats off to the side for the ensemble and backstage crew.
"Hey, Lan, I'm going to go over with Nini and Kourt, I'll talk to you later." Summer tells him.
"Yeah sure, good luck, I'm sure you are going to do amazing." Landon tells her.
"Thanks." Summer says before walking over to the two girls. "Hey!"
"Hey girl. How you feeling?" Nini asks.
"Very nervous, this is my first time getting the lead." Summer says.
"Trust me. You'll be fine. You got this girl." Kourtney reassures her before they see Big Red and Ricky walk in. "How are you both going to get through 74 rehearsals with him?" Kourt asks.
"I won't make eye contact." Nini says.
"I'll probably be able to handle it." Summer says playing the whole incident off.
"Sum, what he said to you was awful. Don't play that off." Nini tells her.
"Okay, maybe you're right." Summer says.

Landon had spotted that Ricky and Summer were meant to be sitting next to each other so went over to EJ.
"EJ, man. Could you do me a favour." Landon asks.
"That depends on what the favour is." EJ tells him.
"I need you to swap seats with Ricky." Landon says.
"Why? It's not like you and Summer are dating, right?" EJ asks.
"No, It's just I really care about her and what Ricky said to her was awful." Landon says.
"I'll see what I can do." EJ says before starting to walk away.
"Thanks EJ." Landon says before going and finding his seat at the side of the room.

EJ had gone to move Ricky's name card to the other side of his only to see the disapproving look from his cousin for doing what Landon asked. EJ nods before changing the name cards back.

"Could everyone take their assigned seats please?" Miss Jenn asks.
"Good luck." Kourtney says to Summer and Nini before the two girls go and find their seats which were next to each other.
The two girls made small talk until they saw Ricky taking the seat next to Summer. He gave them a small smile but they just turned away from him going back to their conversation.
"Yoo-hoo, ginger boy. Can you read?" Miss Jenn asks Big Red walking over.
"Uh... not really." Big Red answers.
"Well, you're reading now." Miss Jenn says. "Just the stage directions, thank you."
Miss Jenn and Carlos then walk to their seats as Big Red gives Ricky a scared look.
Big Red then turns to the janitor.
"Do you know what that means?" He asks but the janitor shrugs.
"Big Red." Summer says getting his attention. "It's the parts that say what the characters are doing. Like say 'Taylor puts her arm around Gabriella's shoulders', that type of thing."
"Thanks Sum." Big Red says.
"No problem." Summer says with a small smile.
Summer didn't have a problem with Big Red, even though he was best friends with Ricky, he didn't say anything close to what Ricky said, hes never given her a reason to have a problem with him.
"Don't forget to silence your phones." Miss Jenn says as Big Red takes his seat between her and EJ. "I realize you all walked in here as strangers."
"Actually, EJ's my cousin." Ashlyn says with a smile which Ej returns.
"But after today, you're a family." Miss Jenn continues.  "One tribe, committed to lifting this classic film to new heights." There was a camera click and Miss Jenn looks at Carlos who had taken a photo holding up his choreographer sign. He turns off his phone and puts the sign back down. "Please take your neighbours hands." Summer instantly takes Nini's as Ricky holds out his hand. She takes a moment glancing at Nini before glancing to him, reluctantly taking his hand. "Feel each other's energy. Let the silence speak volumes. In a world full of no, this is a space full of yes."
"Nice, did you just come up with that?" Carlos asks.
"I did." Miss Jenn replies.
Summer looks over at Landon and gives him a smile which he returns. Ricky looks between the two, he felt jealous. But he didn't know why. Miss Jenn started to sing 'We're all in this together' in an opera voice causing Summer and Nini to look at eachother holding back a laugh. Seeing that Miss Jenn's eyes were closed Summer let's go of Ricky's hand and Nini's hand. She takes the lid off her highlighter ready before grabbing Nini's hand again but not Ricky's. When Miss Jenn finishes Ashlyn was the only one to clap while everyone else just sat there confused as to what just happened.