094: Press Conference Preparations And Cutains Up

"Thank you all for coming to this culturally important press conference

"Thank you all for coming to this culturally important press conference." Quinn says into the microphone.
"How does it feel knowing you've wrapped 'High School Musical 4'?" One of the interviews ask.
"I'm not ready to speak about it." Quinn answers. "Now, my next film, which I am announcing tonight, will be a gritty, big- budget re-imagining of William Shakespeare's 'Romeo and Juliet'. In my version. Nobody dies. We are, uh, slated to start principal photography next month, in January, in New Zealand. You will meet Mack in a moment. But right now, I would like to introduce you to our Juliet, who just moments ago, finished her own 'High School Musical' production in the gymnasium down the hall. Please welcome, the world will know her name if it doesn't already due to her album that came out a few months ago... Miss Summer Jones."

__________

12 hours earlier...

With their production being saved, Summer and Ricky decided to bike to school. It was their one year anniversary and neither of them could be happier.
"So.." Ricky says stopping as he was just ahead of her.
"What?" Summer asks, stopping as well, Ricky stays silent as he looks at her, causing her to laugh. "Ricky, I've got to get to school."
"Why are you in a rush?" Ricky asks.
"Miss Jenn needs me for something." Summer says.
"Please tell me, you're wearing another cheer-leading costume for the show." Ricky says "I was right on New years, you do look pretty hot in a cheer leading uniform."
Summer looks at Ricky with a smile before laughing.
"I swear, you are going to be the death of me Richard Bowen." Summer says, starting to bike ahead again.
"Just stating facts, Summer Jones." Ricky says, before biking to catch up with her.

__________

As school didn't start for another hour, Ellie had begged Ricky to take her to get something to drink from the cafe, about a ten minute walk from the school. Ricky agreed giving Summer the perfect chance to go to Miss Jenn.
Miss Jenn was sat on a chair while Summer held up different outfits, for the press conference that same night, for her new movie. She currently had a hanger around her neck as she studied the dress in the mirror.
"Does the dress twirl? I feel it needs to twirl." Miss Jenn tells her.
Summer does a spin and it doesn't twirl.
"Mmm. Good call." Summer says.
"I can't believe I am fitting you for a Hollywood ball gown." Miss Jenn says.
"Okay, stop it." Summer says laughing, grabbing another dress.
"Feels like yesterday you showed up converse that you had drawn all over." Miss Jenn tells her.
"I still have those actually." Summer says. "Just don't wear them anymore. Because, well... they don't fit me anymore."
"How things have changed this past year." Miss Jenn says.
"Yeah, I think I was definitely a nervous wreck last years audition day for 'HSM' I never could have imagined getting Gabriella. Or Belle. Or Anna. Or Gabriella a second time."
"And now, you're a movie star. With a album that was number one in the charts for two weeks." Miss Jenn says.
"Miss Jenn, can I be honest?" Summer asks. "I don't know if I'm ready for this. I mean, music is one thing, I have been doing it since I could talk. But acting, not so much. Sure I started when I was in 3rd grade, but still that's a big gap."
"Honey, there is never a good or right time to become a star." Miss Jenn tells Summer, standing up and walking over to her.
"Well, yeah, but it's more about figuring out, what I want." Summer says. "How can I know that right away? And what do I say to Ricky? What do I say to El? This movie and New Zealand, I still haven't told anybody but you. Not even El, Nini or her moms."
"Ricky will understand. He loves you." Miss Jenn tells her.
"I know, but... we've already been through so much. What if this long distance thing breaks us. I was away at YAC but that was only for a couple weeks, this will be for months." Summer says, talking fastly.
"Summer, honey, you're spiralling." Miss Jenn says, placing a hand on both her shoulders. "And there's no need for that, because you guys are Summer Jones and Ricky Bowen. You guys can make it through anything."
"I know your, right. I just don't want to risk it, you know?" Summer says.
"Yeah, I know." Miss Jenn says.
"Jennifer." Mr Mazzara says, opening the door. "A word."
Miss Jenn leaves and Summer spots a navy blue dress, with sparkles. She takes it off the rack and holds it up to herself. Looking in the mirror. She found the dress.

__________

Everyone was getting ready for the show, it was quite hetic.
"Okay. Everyone. Since Nini isn't here. She asked me to hand our some cards. Warning, my hand writing sucks." Ricky says, as Kourtney, Emmy and Jet walk over. He hands them there cards before noticing someone was missing. "Hey, has anyone seen Summer? Summer. Outstanding."
"Did we miss half- hour call?" EJ asks, as him and Haliee walk into the room.
"And does it matter if we're not in the show?" Haliee asks.
"EJ! Haliee!" They all cheer running over and hugging them.
"So, glad you guys came." Alice says, hugging Haliee tightly.
"Sitting out there, watching you guys is the second best place in the world tonight." EJ says.
"Where's the first place?" Stephanie asks.
"Getting to be on stage for one more show." Haliee says.
"But those days are behind us." EJ says.
"Biggie." Ashlyn says seeing Big Red walking through the door.
"I'm not here. But if you notice someone in the audience screaming, crying, throwing up, those are all things I do." Big Red says.
The others go over and hug Big Red, as Seb also enters causing them to hug him aswell.
Everyone was doing there own thing, Big Red, EJ, Haliee and Seb had left a few minutes before the time Summer rushes in.
"Hi! Hi!" Summer says.
"Sum, hey, were have you been?" Ricky asks.
"Too much to explain." Summer says.
"Do you have a minute?" Ricky asks. "I kind of want to give you your anniversary present."
"I have something I got to tell you." Summer tells him.
"Can I give you your present first. I'm very anxious for it." Ricky tells her.
"There's no need to be anxious, babe. I'll love it no matter what it is." Summer tells him, placing a hand on his shoulder and kissing him.
"Wildcats! This is your five minute call!" Maddox announces, flicking the lights on and off, causing a few of them to scream. "You guys don't do the lights thing?"
"We'd thought you'd be dead, again." Ashlyn jokes, causing her and Maddox to laugh.
"Change of plans." Ricky says, after Maddox left. "Meet me in the dressing room at intermission."
"Sneaking around for old time sake. I like it." Summer says, before kissing him again.
"Mack! Mack!" Everyone cheers, causing Summer and Ricky to pull apart and look in the direction of the door to see Mack coming in.
"Don't mind me. I was never here." Mack says, walking up to Summer and Ricky. "Sum, these are for you."
"Oh my..." Summer says, as Ricky takes the flowers for her.
"It's a 100 year old bird of paradise. A friend of mine grows them." Mack tells her. "it was John Stamos, guys."
"Wow." Ricky says.
"hey, you still got it." Mack says, placing a hand on Summer's shoulder. "You're gonna kill it tonight. Can't wait to see you on stage."
Mack then leaves as Miss jenn walks in.
"Everyone, let's circle up." Miss Jenn announces. Everyone gets into a circle and holds hands. "My babies. I know that some of you are disappointed that we don't have the auditorium tonight, because Quinn and her band of Hollywood elites have seduced it for some kind of other event. But now, after promising the principal this is an unofficial event, we have the homecoming gym, and an audience of loved ones, and each other. And we have our dreams. And to quote a wise couch, 'You only have two hours left to be a team. So, go out there and hold each other close tonight. Because you never know who could be taking flight tomorrow."
"Places." Maddox announces.
Everyone screams before headed to the stage.
It was time for curtains up.