025: New Years Eve

Summer and Ricky walk into Ashlyn's house for the New Year's party, hand in hand

Summer and Ricky walk into Ashlyn's house for the New Year's party, hand in hand. Stephanie had recently joined the drama club so Summer wasn't surprise when she saw Stephanie talking to Alice over on the other side of the room. As the walk in Ricky was singing 'Bet On It' from HSM 2, which Ricky had insisted on playing the whole time him and Summer were driving over to Ashlyn's. Summer couldn't help but smile at how much Ricky had changed since the auditions for the production of HSM they did last semester. He went from hating musicals to pretty much being obsessed with them. Summer was going to tell him about the school in Denvur. But she didn't really get a chance to.
Everyone cheers as Ricky finishes singing.
"Wow, Zac Efron." Ashlyn says as everyone claps.
"OKay, okay, okay.Does anyone not know we're doing 'High School Musical 2'?" Carlos asks.
"We are? Whoo- hoo." EJ says causing Carlos to groan as he flops onto the couch.
"Ricky, Sum." Kourtney says coming over and handing them both a piece of paper and a pen before placing a bowl on the table in front of were they had sat down."Write your New Year's resolution then put them in the bowl. It's for a game."
Summer and Ricky do as Kourtney told them too, putting the pieces of paper into the bowl, before Ricky puts his arm around Summer's shoulders, Summer grabbing Ricky's hand which was dangling from her shoulder.

Summer was stood talking with Alice, Stephanie and Nini.
"I can not wait for next year." Summer says taking a sip of her drink.
"Same." Nini agrees.
"What are you guys planning on doing next year. Joining any new clubs?" Alice asks causing Summer and Nini to give each other a look.
"Well, obviously I am joining the drama club, but also I was thinking of trying out for cheer." Stephanie says.
"Go leopards!" Summer cheers doing a jazz hand with the hand that wasn't holding her drink.
"I'll make you try out." Stephanie warns.
"You know I already do cheer, dance and gymnastics." Summer says.
"How do you fit it all in? I mean, dance, gymnastics, drama club, school, cheer, work, writing songs, hanging out with us." Nini says.
"I have my ways." Summer says.
"You know, now all I'm picturing is Ricky's face if he ever saw you in a cheer uniform." Alice says.
"Oh my god." Summer says covering her face. "Can you guys shut up?"
"About how cute you and Ricky are?" Stephanie asks. "Never."
"We are pretty cute." Ricky says from the other side of the room.
"How the hell did you hear that?" Summer asks.
"You guys aren't exactly talking the quietest." EJ says from his spot beside Ricky.
Summer rolls her eyes before heading to the kitchen, Ricky following closely behind.
"You okay? You seem on edge." Ricky asks as he sits on the counter behind Summer, as she had his back to him grabbing a drink from the fridge.
Summer know she had to tell him, but she wasn't ready yet.
"I'm okay, Ricky. I promise." Summer reassures him walking over.
Ricky quickly jumps off the counter lifting Summer on to it standing between her legs.
"Hi." He whispers as their faces were inches apart.
"Hi." Summer whispers back. "What was that for?"
"Just felt like it." Ricky says shrugging his shoulders as he wraps his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him. "You would look pretty hot in a cheer uniform."
"Shut up, and kiss me, Bowen." Summer tells him.
Without hesitation Ricky connects their lips. It only lasted a few moments though.
"Please, don't go making out on my counter." Ashlyn says walking into the kitchen.
"Sorry Ash." Summer says jumping down off the counter.
"It's cool. Come on. We're starting the resolutions game." Ash informs them.
Ricky and Summer sit down on the couch with Nini and Alice, Summer wedged between Nini and Ricky.
"Okay, listen up! Rules of the game." Kourtney announces. "This is important. We need to set intentions and be accountable to one and other this year."
"True that." Ashlyn says.
"This is a terrible party." Natalie says.
"Hey. Watch yourself." Summer says jokingly as Ricky pulls her closer to him.
"Okay, resolution number one." Kourtney says. "Anyone's guess. 'I resolve to...' Oh this is so stupid I can't."
"Come on, Kort, you have to read it." Nini tells her.
"'I resolve to remember everyone fondly when I go to Duke'." Kourtney reads.
"EJ! You got into Duke!" Ashlyn asks.
"Did I technically get 'into' Duke? Did my father and our grandpa before him 'go' to Duke?" EJ asks. "Guys, I think it's only a 'matter of time'."
"Okay, I lost track of the air quotes." Ricky says causing them all to laugh and Summer to lightly hit his chest.
Kourtney then grabs another one.
"Oh, I don't get this one." Kourtney says.
"Just read it!" Ricky tells her.
"This one doesn't say anything expect the words, 'my cow.'" Kourtney says.
"You guys, I thought we were writing down what we were grateful for." Seb says.
"Aww! Sebastian." Summer says.
"'A' for effort, Seb. 'A' for effort." EJ says.
"Come on, Kourtney, pick another one." Alice says.
"Okay, let's see what we got." Kourtney says grabbing another one. "'I resolve to improve my mental health. Not for me but for my friends, boyfriend and most importantly my little sister.'"
Ricky hugs Summer tighter knowing it was hers.
"Aww Sum!" Nini says rubbing her best friends back.
"Sumirella, that's amazing." Seb tells her.
"We're all so proud of you and with you 100% of the way." Carlos adds.
"Yeah." Everyone agrees.
"Thanks guys." Summer says with a small smile. "Kourt read another one."
Kourtney grabs another piece of paper.
"'I resolve to follow my dreams, however far away they take me.'" Kourtney reads causing Summer to turns to Nini who nods knowing what Summer was asking.
"That's gotta be Gina, right?" Ricky says.
"Nope. Not me." Gina says.
"Uh, it's me actually." Nini says. "Back to the game, Kourt."
Kourtney nods before grabbing another one.
"'All I want is for our generation to save the planet and I would also like absolute clarity about my love life." Kourtney reads.
Everyone was trying to figure out who's that was when Big Red walks in.
"Ay! It's Red!" Summer cheers sitting up so she wasn't cuddled up to Ricky anymore.
"Six pizzas. Two lactose free cheese. I'm here." Big Red says walking over.
"Yes thank you." EJ says as he takes the pizzas
"God lord, Red, did you fall into a bucket of cologne? I can smell it from here." Summer asks covering her nose.