26: Stay or Go

Summer was at home on New Years day

Summer was at home on New Years day. She was sat in her room when she heard tapping at the window. She stands up from the bed and walks over to the window, she opens the the curtains to see Ricky. She let's out a small laughing pushing the window open.
"There's a front door." Summer says with a laugh as Ricky climbs into the room.
"This way was more fun." Ricky says.
"Okay, babe." Summer says with a laugh as she closes the window. "But, um, not that I'm not happy to see you, because I am happy, but what are you doing here?"
"We need to talk." Ricky says causing Summer to nod.
"I guess we do." Summer agrees before they both sit down on the bed.
"I just want you to know Sum, I'm really happy for you." Ricky tells her. "I really am. And yes, I don't want you to leave. Of course I don't you're my girlfriend, why would I want you to? But, I don't want to be the reason you stay stuck here in Salt Lake. This is an amazing opportunity. I don't want you to waste it."
"You are one of the main reasons I'm considering not going, but so is Ellie. I mean, her birthday is in a couple days as she's only going to be ten. She's ten and I'm the only family she's got."
"You're 16 and Ellie is the only biological family you got." Ricky points out.
"I just... I just don't think I can leave her, Rick." Summer admits. "Or you."
"I'll be fine. We'll be fine. We can FaceTime everyday, I'll text you all the time. I'll come visit you and you can come visit me. We'll make this work, Sum. I promise." Ricky tells her grabbing her hand. "And with Ellie, she's in good hands with Nini's moms."
"I know." Summer says.
"Plus, I'll be here and I'll make sure she's okay. I'll pick her up from school everyday. She can come to all the rehearsal's for the musical. Sum, I promise you. Me, Big Red, Kourtney, EJ, Alice, Stephanie, Gina, Ashlyn, Carlos, Seb, my dad, Nini's moms and Miss Jenn won't let anything happen to her." Ricky reassures her.
"You would really do that?" Summer asks.
"Ellie's like my little sister, Sum. She's like a sister to the whole drama club and like a daughter to my dad, Nini's moms and Miss Jenn. Of course we will." Ricky tells her.
"Thank you. Really." Summer says.
"I love you, Summer Marie Jones." Ricky says keeping his hand in hers but using his other hand to place on her cheek.
"I love you to Richard Micky Bowen." Summer replies before Ricky pulls her into a kiss.
After that Ricky leaves to give Summer some time to herself to think.

__________

It was two weeks after New Years. Summer had talked to the school and they arranged for her to go to the school for 2 weeks to help her decide. If she knew she wanted to go there but wasn't ready yet, they would put her onto the list to start for college.
It was the first day of school for the students of East High, auditions for the musical tomorrow.
Ricky was sat in the cafeteria with the other drama club members, as Carlos had said he'd got an announcement to make.
"Attention, thespians! I have a brief announcement." Carlos says.
"Speech! Speech!" Seb says.
"After spending the last couple of weeks Google- stalking the Menkie Awards, I've discovered there is no category for Best Choreography. And since the Menkies is step one to me becoming the first ever MEGOT..."
"MEGOT?" Big Red questions.
"Menkie, Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony." Ashlyn tells him.
"I've decided that I will be auditioning to be on stage this year." Carlos informs everyone.
Everyone cheers as Carlos bows before sitting down.
"Big Red's trying out too!" Ashlyn says.
"Yeah he is." Ricky says.
"Big ups, Big Red. You gonna teach me some of those allegedly great tap moves?" Gina asks.
"I'm so scared." Big Red says.
"Oh, just remember you cannot play Chip, the teacup, since it would obviously be werid for you to be my son." Ashlyn says. "I mean, I'm probably getting Mrs Potts. Not that we don't all have an equal shot."
"Miss Jenn always tells me you're also going out for a role this year." Carlos says to Kourtney.
"What can I say? I play Taylor for half an act of HSM and suddenly I think I'm Regina King." Kourtney says.
"Uh, okay." Carlos says.
"You're welcome." EJ tells Ricky as he sits down next to him.
"Huh?" Ricky asks.
"I decided to take myself out of the running for the beast." EJ announces. "I'm just... I got a lot on my plate. Which reminds me, I should probably pick a meal plan for Duke."
"Wait, you officially got in?" Ashlyn asks.
"Back up. You're not doing the musical either?" Ricky asks.
"No. I've only got the bandwidth for a supporting role." EJ says. "Wait, what do you mean 'Either?'"
"I'm not sure if I'm auditioning this year." Ricky says. "I mean, once a skate rat... right?"
"Wait, for real?" Gina asks.
"Does this have anything to do with Summer?" Kourtney asks.
Ricky just remains silent as he remembers when he was saying goodbye to her.