049: Friends?

The whole drama department were at slices laughing and talking

"Tonight was one for the record books." Ashlyn says.
"Yes!" Everyone cheers as they clink their glasses together.
"I literally don't even remember being on stage." Carlos says.
"The rest of us will never forget it." Seb says grabbing Carlos' hand.
Summer was talking to Stephanie, Haliee and Alice when Stephanie points behind her. She turns to she Landon walking in. She looks back at the girls before walking over to him.
"Thought we just saw each other." Summer says, feeling everyone in the room eyes on them.
"Yeah, well..." Landon starts but gets cut off by Lily and Antoine walking in,
Everyone starts booing as the pair stand next to Landon.
"Okay, easy, easy, easy, Wildcats." Lily says. "We just came to congratulate you all."
"It is true. Your show had a beginning, a middle, and an end. It was wonderful." Antoine says. "And Big Red you were also in it."
"Okay, well, thank you guys for dropping by, this is kind of a private party." Ricky says standing up, and standing next to Summer, glaring at Landon. "So, if you could, uh..."
"Bye." Everyone apart from Summer and Ricky say.
Ricky walks the three of them to the door. Lily stopped and turned to Ricky before confessing her feelings for him.
"The audacity." Natalie says as Landon, Lily and Antoine leave.
"Can you guys imagine if they actually win at the menkies?" Big Red asks.
"Honestly, and don't sue me, but I kind of don't care anymore if we win or lose the competition." Kourtney says.
"I actually feel the same." Gina says.
"Okay, I thought it was just me." Carlos says.
"I mean, we did it, right? We already got everything we wanted." Big Red says.
"But just let the competition go, after all this work?" Ashlyn asks.
Summer gets abruptly, a few people asks what she's doing but she ignores them and goes outside, seeing Landon, Lily and Antoine still in view.
"Landon!" Summer shouts causing the three of them to turn and look at her.
Summer runs over as Lily and Antoine continue walking, Landon waiting for her.
"What are you doing? Shouldn't you be celebrating with your people?" Landon asks.
"I just need some answers." Summer says. "Why did you really offer to help me tonight. With last minute rehearsing."
"in all honesty. I miss you. And I wanted to spend time with you. And that gave me the perfect reason to. But, I also wanted to help you because even though you didn't need it, I know you, and I know you would of been freaking out if you didn't get that practice." Landon says causing Summer to laugh.
"How do you know me so well, even though we barely had anytime together?" Summer asks.
"I pay attention when it comes to people I care about." Landon says. "And I may not have shown I cared but I did, I do."
"I care to Landon." Summer says with a small smile.
"Watching you perform tonight made me realize how much I have missed here at East since I moved to North." Landon says. "Most of all I missed my friend."
"I missed my friend too." Summer says.
"I'm sorry for what I did. You already had enough going on and I just made it worse." Landon says. "So I am really sorry."
"It's nice to hear you say that." Summer says.
"Friends?" Landon asks holding his hand out for her to shake.
"Friends." Summer agrees, shaking his hand before hugging him.
"Guess you better get back." Landon says, after a moment, as they pull away.
"Do you want to join?" Summer asks.
"I'm not actually liked by them. One for what I did to you, and two because I now go to North High. It's okay though. I'll see you around." Landon says.
"See you around, Landon." Summer says before they walk away from each other.

"So, what was that about?" Alice asks, teasingly, as Summer walks back in.
"What did you guys talk about?" Haliee asks, also teasingly.
"What are you talking about?" Summer asks.
"We all heard you shouting to Landon." Natalie says, causing Summer to look down and laugh.
"So..." Stephanie presses.
"Let's just say I've got my friend back." Summer says causing a few people to 'oh'.
Summer laughs as she sits down with Ellie, Nini and Gina.
"If I can have a, uh, senior moment here." EJ says standing up. "I've won a bunch of trophy over the years, you guys. But I'd trade it all for this group here tonight. Even you, El."
"Aww, EJ." Ellie says.
"That's nice." Seb says.
"Love you guys." Carlos says.
"So, what are we gonna tell Miss Jenn?" Natalie asks.
Miss Jenn and Mr Mazzara then walk in.
"Wildcats! I have in my hands the nominations for the Alan Menken Awards For Excellence In High School Musical Theater." Miss Jenn says. "I haven't opened it yet, but who's ready for the biggest moment of the year?" Everyone remains quiet. "Am I muted?"
"Uh, Miss Jenn, we were kinda thinking, you know, maybe we won already." Ricky says.
"Yeah. Maybe we don't need or want to see what's in the envelope." Nini says.
"Oh thank god. I had to stop four times on the way here because I was physically ill." Miss Jenn says, causing everyone to laugh.
"It was five." Mr Mazzara says.
"hey, I get it." Big Red says.
"Yeah, we know you do, Red." Summer says.
"So, it's settled." Miss Jenn says. "We're dropping out of the competition."
"Yeah." Nini says.
"But what am I going to do with this?" Miss Jenn asks gesturing to the envelope.
"Oh, give me that. We got a pizza oven." Kourtney says, causing everyone to laugh and cheer.
Kourtney goes to the back while Miss Jenn and Mr Mazzara go off to the side.
"My brother is expecting your guys call, tonight." Gina tells Summer and Nini.
"Why am I nervous?" Nini asks.
"Because it might change your life." Gina says.
"Oh great." Summer says before getting up. Nini following so they could make the phone call.

After the call, Summer and Nini go back over to the others. Sitting down with Ellie, Kourtney, Gina and Howie
"So?" Gina asks.
"We'll say later." Summer says.
"Okay, enough talking." Ellie announces. "Let's song, Richard, you got your guitar, right?"
"Yeah." Ricky says.
"Then lets do it." Ellie says.
Everyone laughs before Ricky starts playing 'You Are The Music In Me'

EJ:
Na na na na
Na na na na Yeah
You are the music in me

Ashlyn:
You know the words
Once upon a time
Make you listen
There's a reason

Summer and Ellie:
When you dream
There's a chance you'll find
A little laughter
Or a happy ever after

Ricky and Big Red:
You're a harmony to the melody
Echoing inside my head

Carlos and Seb:
A single voice, above the noise
A single voice
Like a common thread

Gina:
Mmm, you're pulling me

All:
When I hear my favourite song
I know that we belong
Oh, you are the music in me
It's living in all of us
It's brought us here because
You are the music in me

Na na na na
Na na na na yeah
You are the music in me

Na na na na
Na na na na yeah
You are the music in me

The group smile and all hug. They were a family and always will be.