008: Skip Day

Summer had just gotten to school, she was at her locker when the locker door slammed shut causing her to jump

Summer had just gotten to school, she was at her locker when the locker door slammed shut causing her to jump. She turned to see Landon.
"Hey." He says with a smirk.
"Hey." She replies before he kisses her.
"Ready for our day off?" He asks.
"What are you talking about?" Summer asks.
"Well, seeing as you can't call in sick to work, me, Delilah and Stephanie were thinking we could skip school instead." Landon explains. "Delilah and Steph are waiting for us outside."
"No, Landon, we can't do that." Summer says. "We have rehearsals later."
"We can come back for it. Please, Summer." Landon begs.
"Actually you know what, why not? It could be fun." Summer says.
This skip day would give Landon the chance to come forward about stealing her phone.
"Great, let's go." Landon says wrapping his arm around her shoulders before they walk out the doors Summer had walked through just a few minutes before.

___________

After spending the morning around town Summer, Landon, Delilah and Stephanie manged to sneak back into the school.
"Why don't we go up to the roof?" Delilah suggests.
"You do realise it's locked right?" Summer says.
"Well..." Delilah says pulling a key out of her pocket. "I have the key."
"Perfect. Come on. Let's head on up there." Landon says.
"I'll meet you guys up there I have to go to a costume fitting for the production." Summer lies.
The truth was she was going to the library to bribe a hacker to retrieve the voicemail Landon deleted from Ricky.
"Are you sure you can't just miss one fitting?" Delilah asks.
Summer shakes her head.
"No." Summer answers. "Sorry, I can't."
"Come on, Summer just miss the fitting you can reschedule it." Delilah says.
"Come on, Summer, it will be fun." Landon says.
"Guys, back off. If she said she can't miss it then she can't miss it. She'll join us up there when she's done." Stephanie cuts in.
"Fine whatever." Delilah says before starting to walk away.
"Seriously babe, you need to loosen up." Landon says before walking away with Delilah.
"Thanks, Steph." Summer says with a small smile.
"I got you girl." Stephanie says.
"I'll be up there in about 30 minutes." Summer tells her.
Stephanie nods before walking off to find the other two.

Summer got to the library and found someone to retrieve the voicemail. Summer says stood next to them waiting when someone came over.
"Summer?" The brunette turns around to see Ricky.
"Hey." Summer says.
"Hey, where have you been? You haven't been in class." Ricky asks, most of their classes were together.
"Oh, I uhm... I had a costume fitting." Summer explains.
"Well, I know that's not true." Ricky says.
Summer sighs, looking at the person who was working on her phone before looking back at Ricky. She grabs his arm dragging her to the side of the library no one was at.
"I don't see why it matters to you, but, me, Landon, Delilah and Stephanie are skipping school. We've only just got back now. You tell anyone and I will kill you." Summer says. Ricky sighs shaking his head. "What?"
"Summer, this is not you! What's going on?" Ricky asks.
"If you think this is not me then you don't know me. Now stay away from me." Summer tells him.
She goes to walk away but Ricky grabs her wrist.
"Summer, stop!" Ricky tells her.
"Let go of me!" Summer shouts causing a few people to look at them.
"Summer, I have known you since the fifth grade! So yes, I do know you! And this is not you!" Ricky tells her.
"Just let me go, Ricky." Summer says quietly finally getting her wrist out of her grip. "Right now, we only talk for the show, and once that's done, we never have to talk to each other again."
"Summer please, don't do this. Don't shut me out. Me, Nini, Big Red, Kourtney, Miss Jenn, hell even EJ, Ashlyn, Gina and Carlos and Seb, don't just shut out. Please." Ricky begs. "We just want to help you. There's clearly a lot more going on then you just finding a new circle to hangout with. Your always wearing jumpers and refusing to take them off before dancing. Please, Sum, we just want to help you."
"There's nothing going on." Summer says tightening the grip on her backpack strap. "I got to go."
"Summer!" Ricky calls put Summer ignores him walking away.
She grabs her phone off the person, thanking them before heading up to the roof to meet the others.