059: Love Is An Open Door

After Channing announced that they were rolling, EJ turns and talks to the group

"Welcome to the first 'Frozen' read through. Young Elsa and Young Anna are on a nature field trip. And will catch up with us tomorrow." EJ says.
"I'll take it from here, EJ. Thank you." Cobin says, causing Summer to cover her mouth laughing at Cobin getting EJ's name wrong. "All right. Camp Shallow Lake! I am pumped to be back for this full day of rehearsal, figured with opening night only 10 days away."
"Ten days away? That's a reason to celebrate. Bring it in." Ricky says, standing up and going to hug Cobin.
"Thanks." Cobin says awkwardly.
Ricky sits down as Summer laughs. As she was sat next to Ricky, Summer leans towards him.
"Number 8 on your list?" Summer asks laughing.
"Shut up." Ricky laughs.
Of course Summer knew about the bucket list Ricky had, for things he wanted to do before he turned eighteen. Her, Ricky, Big Red and Nini were the only ones who knew about it. Ricky's eightenth birthday just so happened to be opening night for 'Frozen'.
Summer continues to laugh quietly as she looks back to Corbin.
"Look, I understand that some of you know me as a name and not a person. But, I'm just a regular guy who buys his groceries at Erewhon and has a personal trainer like anyone else. All right?" Cobin says. "I'm just here to capture some behind the scenes footage, so think of me as a fly on the wall. Be yourselves. Let's have some fun. Yeah?"
"Yeah, baby! Let's hug it out! Bring it in. Come on!" Ricky says, getting up and trying to hug Cobin again.
"And here you have it folks. The very first camp read through of 'Frozen'. Let the show begin." Cobin says, to the camera, ignoring Ricky.
"Again, really?" Summer asks laughing as Ricky sits down.
"Yeah, yeah." Ricky says.
"I love you and all, Rick, but..." Summer says cutting herself off as she realised what she just said.
Summer freezes and Ricky freezes looking at her too.

"Elsa?" Summer reads off the script.
"Anna takes a step towards Elsa." Val reads off the stage directions.
"Don't come near me." Kourtney reads.
"Pause." Corbin says, walking over to Summer and Kourtney. "Sounds like you to really felt that moment. Let's unpack what your channelling."
"Let me guess. Real life relationship troubles. You both like the same person and it's causing tension. Maybe it's this guy." Channing said, moving the camera from the two girls to Carlos at the last part.
"Yes, it's me. The notorious womanizer of the group." Carlos says sarcastically.
"Uh, Mr Bleu, if your looking for dirt or like, jealous in- fighting, that's just not us." Ricky says.
"We're all good friends." Summer says.
"Yeah, like, really good friends. We're basically a drama free zone." Landon says, wrapping an arm around Ricky.
Ricky looks confused for a moment before wrapping an arm around him as well, doing the same to Summer as well, who also wraps an arm around him.
"Great. All those Emmy- winning drama free reality shows." Channing says, sarcastically as he points the camera towards Summer, Ricky and Landon.
"Okay, let's move on." Corbin says going back over to the table he was sat at.

"Hey, my ice." Ricky says reading off the script.
"Kristoff picks up his bag of ice. Anna and Hans are oblivious." Val reads.
"I'm sorry. So sorry." Summer reads.
It was then silent.
"Uh, that's Jet's line." Ricky says.
"Wait, Jet's not here." EJ says.
"Oh, God. I knew he wasn't real." Carlos says.
"What's the deal with this Jet kid? Is he troubled?" Corbin asks.
"i wouldn't say troubled. We're slowly wearing his dark soul down." Ricky says.
"Sounds like our protagonist." Channing says before saying something to Corbin, quietly.
"Jet's gonna be fine. He's probably just doing this for attention." Maddox says.
"I'm sure Jet is fine. Maddie, Val, please track him down." EJ says. "As for the rest of us. Let's take a ten. I will be in the canteen having a cold beverage because I am very cool. Everything is cool, Mr Bleu."
"You're yelling." Carlos tells him.
EJ sighs before leaving.

__________

Everyone was hanging out in the canteen, after there was no luck on finding Jet. Val walks in.
"So?" EJ asks.
"Guys, we lost Jet." Val says sadly.
"What?" Maddox says as everyone gasps.
"Oh. Uh, sorry. Let me clarify. I talked to Dewey and it looks like Jet checked out of camp and went home." Val says.
"He disappeared on to the open road. A lone minor Thumb in the wind. Hair in the wind. For either fate or foe, to take him away." Channing says recording. "That's you."
"Yeah, not quite. An off duty officer found him at a bus stop and his parents came and picked him up in a Buick." Val says.
"Wait, why would Jet just leave without telling anybody?" Ashlyn asks.
"So are our most interesting stories happening off camera?" Corbin asks. "Guys, we really need to make this thing sing. 'Kay? Something active?"
"In Summer?" Carlos suggests.
"Love Is An Open Door?" Landon suggests.
"'Love Is An Open Door' That's the Anna and Hans song, right?" Corbin asks. "And we're missing the Han's part of it."
"Yeah, weirdly, that's the one song I know." Ricky says.
Of course he knew more songs. He basically knew every single song as Summer forced him to watch it nearly every week when they were younger. He just wanted a reason to be able to sing with Summer.
"Really?" Summer questions, knowing he was lying.
"Yeah, I'm happy to step in." Ricky says.
"Thanks, kid, just take a soft five." Corbin tells him.
"Gotta agree, stay in your lane, Bowen." Landon tells him.
"You.." Corbin says, pointing at Landon, who was getting a confused look from Summer. "You? You look like a 1980's villain."
Ricky laughs loudly.
"Sorry." He says.
"Thank you?" Landon says.
"You're welcome. Villans equal viewers." Corbin says. "Kenny Ortaga taught me that when I turned down 'The Descendants'. You sing the song with Sarah."
"Summer." Summer corrects.
"That's right." Corbin says.
"Sing the song here? In the canteen?" Landon asks.
"Big Brother has been on the air for 23 seasons. They haven't even left the house yet." Channing says.
"Guys, let's shoot something." Corbin says.
After some talk about whether Ashlyn should play the piano, or use the backing track, it was decided for Ashlyn to play the piano. Summer and Landon go and stand next to each other by the piano.
"Hey, I'm a little rusty as an actor." Landon admits.
"Hey, just pretend it's you and me messing about in your back-garden, singing at the top of our lungs if you have to. Just don't actually sing at the top of your lungs." Summer tells him.
"Okay." Landon says with a laugh.
Ashlyn then starts playing the piano.
"Okay, can I just say something crazy?" Summer asks.
"I love crazy." Landon says.

(Summer, Landon, Both)

All my life has been a series of doors in my face
And then suddenly I bump into you

I was thinking the same thing!
'Cause like...
I've been searching my whole life to find my own place
And maybe it's the party talking
Or the chocolate fondue

But with you
But with you I found my place
I see your face
And it's nothing like I've ever known before

Summer and Landon smile at each other before starting to dance together. Ricky watching, jealously evident on his face the whole time.

Love is an open door
With you
With you
With you
With you
Love is an open door
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Think it's crazy that we finish each others...
Sandwiches
That's what I was gonna say
I never met someone
Who thinks so much like me
Jinx, jinx again
Our mental synchronisation
Can't have but one explanation
You...
And I...
Were just meant to be
Say goodbye
Say goodbye
To the pain of the past
We don't have to feel it anymore

Love is an open door
Life can be so much more
With you
With you
With you
With you
Love is an open...
Love is an open...
Door

Everyone claps as Summer and Landon finish, ending with Landon dipping Summer. As Landon brings Summer back up their faces get insanely close.
"They're pretty good huh?" Channing says, pointing the camera at Ricky, recording him.
"Yeah, she's amazing." Ricky says, feeling a lot of pain as he watches Summer and Landon staring at each other, faces still close. He stays silent for a moment before adding, loudly, to snap Summer and Landon out of there trances. "And Landon is amazing, right? Everyone's amazing. Best cast ever. I mean.."
Ricky then walks out. Summer watches him confused and upset.
"Folks, I'm gonna need some B-roll of people acting anxious and confused, all right?" Channing says. "We're..."
Before Channing could finish Summer walks out as well.