031: Stuck In School

"EJ?" EJ looks up to see Summer and Ellie walking over to him

"EJ?" EJ looks up to see Summer and Ellie walking over to him. "El, you go on."
Ellie nods before walking on as Summer stops in front of EJ.
"Hey Sum, thought you were going to Cali." EJ says.
"Yeah, uhm... change of plans. Going during the holiday now. Uhm... What are you doing out here? Isn't rehearsal on? Everything okay?"
"Yeah, yeah, I'm excellent." EJ responds.
"You sure? You don't seem it." Summer says.
"Yeah, I'm sure." EJ says.
"OKay, uhm... I better go catch up with Ellie, if you need me I'm here for you, okay?" Summer says.
EJ nods before Summer starts to walk away.
"I didn't get into Duke." EJ admits.
"EJ, I... I'm really... I'm so sorry." Summer says walking back over. "I mean, I'm sure you got into a ton of other schools, though, right?"
"One state school, and I'm grateful for that, I am,  but my grandparents met at Duke. My parents met at grad school there. We're a Duke family." EJ says. "I mean, I thought it was a lock. What am I gonna tell my dad?"
"I get it. If it helps, sometimes dream schools are a little overrated." Summer says.
"What does that mean?" EJ asks. "You've got into you're dream school. You're already signed up to go to college there even though you've still got another year."
"Yeah, well... Sometimes you need to take a break and figure out what you really want." Summer tells him.
"Summy!" Ellie shouts from down the hall causing Summer and EJ to laugh.
"You better..." EJ starts.
"Yeah." Summer agrees laughing, starting to walk away. "Hey EJ, trust the process."

After saying a finally goodbye to Nini before she and Miss Jenn left to go to the bus stop, Summer and Ellie walked into the rehearsal room.
"Hey, got room for two more?" Ellie asks.
"Summer! Ellie!" Alice shouts as everyone runs to hug the two.
Ricky pulls Summer out into the corridor.
"What are you..." Summer starts but gets cut off by Ricky picking her up and spinning her around.
"I thought you would be gone by now. Nini told us about the whole family member situation, I thought I was gonna have to wait like 6 months to see you." Ricky says putting her down but still keeping her close.
"That's a bit of an overexertion, babe." Summer says with a laugh. "But I'm now going during the holidays. I couldn't leave in the middle of rehearsals for the show."
"I'm glad you didn't." Ricky admits before leaning down and kissing her.
"Come on, let's get back." Summer says before grabbing Ricky's hand and they walk back into the rehearsal room.
"Okay, everybody, listen up." Carlos says as Summer and Ricky walk back into the room. "Great news. Gina and I agreed to joint custody of you all."
"Oh, so who gets us on weekends?" Stephanie asks.
"We're gonna workshop our 'Be Our Guest' visions on you guys separately before adding the dancers. The winning version..." Gina says before holding her hand up so Carlos couldn't see her mouth moving before mouthing 'Mine'. "Will then be decided in an anonymous vote. Fun and easy."
"Yay." Ricky says sarcastically.

Before long the cast were sat around listening to Carlos and Gina's ideas.
"This number was inspired by my second- oldest sister's quince." Carlos tells everyone. "Theme, sultry jazz. Sebastian you may begin."
Seb starts to play the piano but the lights go out.
"Oh, what was that?" Ashlyn asks.
"Maybe a power line went down." Haliee suggests.
"Oh no, you guys. I missed an alert from my Farmer's Alman- app." Seb says. "Salt Lake just got half a foot in half an hour."
"My dad says the roads are completely closed." Ricky says.
"Oh my gosh, you guys. Get out here!" Carlos shouts from the hallway.
Everyone runs out the see the snow falling heavily on the ground as the strong winds could be heard against the window.
"This is insane." Ricky says.
"We were almost on a plane in this." Ellie says looking at Summer.
"Glad you guys weren't." Kourtney says.
"Are we the only ones stuck at school?" Alice asks.
"Looks like every other club went home." Summer says. "Should I check on Nini? I'm checking on Nini."
"Listen folks, we need to act fast and gather supplies in case this gets worse." Gina says.
"Love the commitment, Gina. But I don't think it's that serious." Carlos tells her.
"Rehearsal can wait, follow my lead. Contact your parents every half hour, but conserve your phone batteries. Water, flashlights, let move people." Gina says.
"Come on." Ricky says grabbing Summer's hand and dragging her off in a different direction to others, Ellie following behind.

After they found everything they needed the group regrouped in the bomb shelter.
"How many hours have we been here?" Seb asks.
"All of them." Kourtney replies.
"Anyone want to play charades again?" Seb asks, everyone groans. "Sounds like no."
"You guys, if we eventually run out of food, I just want to say you can eat me first." Big Red says.
"Dude..." Summer says.
"I probably taste like pizza." Big Red tells them.
"Hey, who's phone charger is this?" Ricky asks picking up a portable charger.
"I'm at 6%. You wanna fight me for it?" Stephanie asks.
"You guys, this cabin fever isn't good." Seb says.
"What would Miss Jenn do right now?" Kourtney asks.
"I wanna say hog- tie a stranger." Haliee responds.
"Yep, probably." Ashlyn agrees.
"Where are our choreographers?" Big Red asks. "Shouldn't we be rehearsing a song?"
"I wanna believe they are quietly working out their differences somewhere." Ashlyn says.
"Have you met Carlos?" Seb asks.
Have you met Gina?" Summer asks.
"Maybe they're already laughing about it." Alice says.
"Let's hope so." Stephanie says.
"Wait, do you guys smell that?" Big Red asks.
"Yeah, sorry." Ricky says.
"Agh." All the girls say, Summer moving away from him slightly.
"No, no, it's my grandma Noah's pizza recipe." Big Red says.
"Dude, don't you even joke about that, okay?" Ricky tells him. "I'm so hungry, I actually would eat you."
"ladies and Gentleman." Gina says as her and Carlos come in.
"We present to you... a miracle in the snow." Carlos says as him and Gina shine there flashlights on a guy holding pizza boxes.
"Howie!" Big Red says.
"Yes!" Ashlyn says.
"How? How did you get here?" Ricky asks.
Everyone grabs a slice of pizza while Howie goes over to talk to Kourtney. Once Howie left Summer, Alice, Stephanie, Gina and Ashlyn walk over to Kourtney.
"What was that about?" Summer asks with a smirk.
"Oh nothing." Kourtney replies.
"Yeah, right." Alice says.
Summer looks over to see Haliee looking at them sadly.
"EJ, you're alive!" Ashlyn says as EJ walks in.
"Technically." EJ says.
There was then a mooing sound.
"What was that?" Summer asks.
"Everyone! That was an alert from my Farmer's Alman- app." Seb announces. "It says the roads are clear, and the sheep are in heat! I should have read that last part in my head.
The lights come back on and Summer's phone goes off.
"Miss Jenn just dropped Nini off at the bus terminal." Summer tells everyone.
"Well, I don't know about you guys, bur I'm tired. So I'm gonna call Nini's parents to come pick us up." Ellie says, saying the last part to Summer.
"You head on, I'll meet you out there." Summer tells her.
"Okay." Ellie says.
Everyone starts going off on their own, Summer spots Haliee leaving.
"I'll be back." Summer tells Ricky before running ater Haliee. "Haliee, wait up."
"Hey, Summer." Haliee says.
"Are you okay?" Summer asks. "I saw the way you were looking at us."
"Yeah, I'm okay." Haliee says.
"I know you use to be close to Lily, I'm sorry she left." Summer tells her. "But, that doesn't mean you can't make new friends. We all want to get to know you more, so don't feel like you have to hold back, okay?"
"Thanks, Summer that really means a lot." Haliee says still sounding a bit sad. "I got to go, I'll see you tomorrow."
Summer nods before Haliee leaves, Summer watching her sadly.

Nini's moms couldn't make it to pick Summer and Ellie up, so the two girls were sat in Miss Jenn's office. She had offered to take them home once she finished up a few things. While the two girls were sat waiting, a figure appears in the door way.
"Nini?" Summer asks.
"Honey, what happened did the bus get stuck in the ice?" Miss Jenn asks.
"No, um, the bus is fine, Miss Jenn." Nini replies putting her bags down. "I just, um... I couldn't go back."
"What?" Ellie asks.
"I mean, they have a fancy campus and fancy teachers, but the one thing they don't have is..." Nini starts.
"All your friends?" Miss Jenn says.
"them and... You." Nini says. "This is my home. And it's crazy, 'cause I use to feel trapped here, but... Today I was really sorry I wasn't."
Miss Jenn smiles before hugging her as Summer and Ellie stand up hugging her as well.
"So, what's the new dream?" Miss Jenn asks.
"Is it okay if I don't know yet?" Nini asks.
"Come on, let me give you all a ride home." Miss Jenn says.
The three girls smile at each other before they all grab their stuff and follow Miss Jenn out.