087: In The Can

Ricky, Kourtney, Alice and Stephanie were at college visits for the day

Ricky, Kourtney, Alice and Stephanie were at college visits for the day. Everyone else were in normal classes, besides Summer who was filming. As Summer already had a place at 'The Actor's Youth Conservatory' for college, she luckily didn't have to look for somewhere to go college so had more time to film.
"Yeah, I don't think it'll be a long day. Just one scene then I've already got my Chem homework done." Summer says, while on the phone with Nini.
"I still can't believe you gonna be in a movie." Nini says.
"Same. It feels unreal." Summer agrees.
"I got to go, I'll call you later." Nini tells her.
"Okay, talk to you later. Love you." Summer says.
"Love you to." Nini replies, before hanging up.
Summer walks past the rehearsal room on her way to set and sees Miss Jenn and the principal.
"Principal Gutierrez, I don't know what you've heard, but the musical is going swimmingly." Summer hears Miss Jenn say, causing her to stop to listen. "In fact we have an Act One run- through tonight."
"Oh excellent, then you won't mind me dropping in for rehearsals tonight." Principal Gutierrez says. "To see you all in action. Make sure you have a quorum of sorts."
"Of course. And by quorum, you mean..." Miss Jenn says.
"At least eight students." Principal Gutierrez tells her.
"We would welcome your attendance." Miss Jenn replies.
"Great. And Miss Jenn please be advised that if the turnout isn't sufficient tonight, I will be forced to cancel the musical altogether. Thus end this rather surreal ride you and I have been on. Good day."
Principal Gutierrez then leaves causing Summer to turn and pretend to be on her phone so he doesn't know she was listening. Summer knew she couldn't let the musical get cancelled. She had to do something. Anything.

Summer was looking through the schedule to see that she was in most of the scenes. Meaning she would barely have anytime for the musical. And after promising she would have time, she knew she had to do something. Especially now the principal might be cancelling the musical.
"Hey Quinn, do you have a minute for a quick question?" Summer asks, walking up to Quinn.
"For my leading lady, thirty seconds." Quinn says.
"Um... so I was looking at my schedule and I noticed that all the scenes I have left, apart for the big reunion song with everyone. Are all with Mack." Summer says. "In this part of school."
"Fifteen seconds, still no question." Quinn says.
"I was just wondering if we could shoot like crazy and get it all in the can, as they say." Summer says.  "Like today."
"Wow. What an exciting idea." Quinn says, before standing up. "Listen, not only is it not your job to set the shooting schedule, but getting it in the can requires a lot of time and a seasoned cast, which frankly, you are not."
"But, Sum-force has been killing it, and I think it'd be a relief for the crew if we got ahead of schedule." Mack cuts in, appearing next to Summer.
"Okay kids, here's some great advice." Quinn says. "'No' is a complete sentence. Thanks."
Summer looks at Mack as Quinn sits down.
"You know what. I'm so sorry. I guess it's just silly of me to think just because. Maria Jay said that, 'Directing is a team sport' In her cover story for 'The Hollywood Reporter', that you would be similarly inclusive." Summer says.
"Maria Jay?" Quinn asks. "The hack that directed 'This Is Were The Money Went'. A faint shadow of my Sundance runner up film, 'Where Has All The Money Gone?'."
"Yeah, I heard the cast brought her a Tesla." Summer says.
"I'm hearing award buzz." Mack says, putting a hand over his ear and looking up.
"Oh yeah." Summer agrees, copying him.
"Okay, listen up everyone." Quinn announces suddenly grabbing her microphone. "Change of plans. Today is gonna be a marathon, because I, Quinn, the director of this film, have decided so by myself."
Quinn then puts the microphone down and walks away. Summer and Mack laugh, fist bumping.
"No way." Mack says.
"Oh by the way, why did you call me Sunshine at the party?" Summer asks.
"Heat of the moment." Mack tells her.
"Okay, well, I'm gonna quickly go talk to Miss Jenn before we start, I'll see you in a bit." Summer says.
"See you in a bit." Mack replies, before Summer leaves.

"Hey Miss Jenn." Summer says walking into the rehearsal room where Miss Jenn was.
"Oh, Summer. How's the film going?" Miss Jenn asks, hugging Summer.
"It's going great." Summer says. "Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun."
"I got to say, the cheer uniform really suits you." Miss Jenn says.
Summer laughs doing a spin.
"Thanks." Summer says.
"Well, thank God your here. Please tell me you'll be at rehearsals tonight." Miss Jenn says.
"100%. We're going to try and power through all of my remaining scenes today. Other then the big reunion song. So if we manage to do that, I will have a lot of spare time for the musical." Summer tells her.
"Oh that's great." Miss Jenn says. "So, how could you not tell me you and Ricky were back together?"
Summer laughs and shakes her head as she looks down.
"We were trying to keep it secret. But Nini, her moms and Ashlyn's moms still don't know, so we're still trying to keep it on the down low a little bit." Summer says.
"My lips are completely sealed. I won't tell a soul." Miss Jenn says.
"Thanks Miss Jenn. I've got to run the the toilets before we start filming, I'll see you tonight for rehearsals?" Summer asks.
"See you tonight." Miss Jenn replies in a singy type voice. Summer gives the drama teacher one more hug before heading towards the door. "Summer."
"Yeah?" Summer asks, turning back to Miss Jenn.
Miss Jenn justs smiles for a minute, causing Summer to get a bit confused.
"I'm so proud of you." Miss Jenn tells her.
"Thank you, Miss Jenn. I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for you. You've helped me a lot and you even pitched me to the director of the film. So thank you." Summer says.
"You are the easiest person to pitch for Summer Jones." Miss Jenn tells her.
Summer smiles before saying a quiet goodbye then leaving.

Summer was just washing her hands in the bathroom, when one of the cubicles open. She turns to see Gina.
"Hey." Summer says, awkwardly.
"Hi." Gina replies, going over and washing her hands.
The two girls stand their in an awkward silence.
"So, will you be at rehearsals tonight?" Summer asks, as an attempt to break the silence that had fallen over them.
"Someone who can play Gabriella has got to be there." Gina says.
"I will be there. And I'm playing Gabriella." Summer says.
"I think you should give up the role of Gabriella. You've already got the movie and you have been the lead three times in a row. It's time you give someone else a chance." Gina says.
"Look." Summer says turning to Gina. "This is my last year here, as soon as I leave the lead roles will be yours no doubt. But I am not giving up this role when it's one of my last performances for this school." Summer tells her.
"You're just being selfish." Gina says, drying her hands before leaving.
Summer stays there for a moment deep in thought. Was she really just being selfish?