045: Can't Do It

It was officially opening night

It was officially opening night. It was a few hours until the curtains went up and Madelyn was driving Summer and Nini to the school as Summer had just finished a counselling session. Summer was sat in the front and Nini was sat in the back. Summer decided to make a video to post on their joint singing account.
"Hey guys, it's Summer." Summer says after starting the video.
"And Nini." Nini adds from the back.
Tonight is opening night of our performance of 'Beauty And The Beast'." Summer says running a hand through her hair. "And we just wanted to pop on here and say thank you so much for all the love and support you have shown the both of us since we made this account."
"Neither of us ever really saw ourselves doing something like this, so thank you all so much for convincing us to do it." Nini says.
"The show will be filmed, I'm pretty sure. So keep an eye out just in case we post some of the songs. Love you guys and thank you so much." Summer says.
"Love you guys!" Nini says before Summer ends the video.
Summer posts the video just as they pulled up to the school.
"Summer can I talk to you a minute?" Madelyn asks.
Summer nods before turning back to Nini.
"I'll meet you in there." Summer says.
"Okay. Thanks Madelyn." Nini says before getting out the car and walking towards the school.
"You're really brave, Summer. You may not see it but you are." Madelyn tells her.
"Thanks Mads." Summer says.
"I'm serious. You've changed so much since I first met you, it's incredible." Madelyn says. "I'm so proud of how far you have come."
Summer smiles before hugging her.
"Love you." Summer says.
"Love you to." Madelyn replies.
Summer smiles before saying goodbye then getting out of the car and heading towards the school.

Summer had given Nini some cards to give to everyone, while she did her own as well. Summer was rehearsing some choreo with Ricky. Which was very awkward. Nini eventually comes back over to them.
"A little note for good luck." Nini says holding a card out to Summer.
"I'll take what I can get." Summer says before pulling a card out of her bag. "Here's one for you."
"Thanks." Nini says. "I've given all of your's out as well."
"Thank, Neens." Summer says.
"Here." Nini says handing Ricky a card.
"Thanks Nini." Ricky says.
"You guys feeling all right?" Nini asks the pair.
"Fit as a fiddle." Ricky says.
"Operating at full capcity." Summer replies.
"You guys will do great, just like you did for 'High School Musical'." Nini reassures them.
"Thanks Neen." Summer says. "Wait, how was Belle holding the beast up when he was dying?"
"It was like a renaissance painting. I have no idea how they did it." Ricky says.
"Is this because of North High's show last night?" Nini asks. "'Cause I thought it was impressive, but..."
"It was like if James Cameron and a circus had a baby." Summer says.
"Landon was so good as the Beast, I'm actually rooting against myself tonight." Ricky says.
"And Lily looked amazing as Belle, especially in the gold dress. There's no way I can even compare to that." Summer says.
"Hey, Sum, you're beautiful. Lily is no where close to you." Nini reassures her.
"Yeah right." Summer laughs.
"Summer, come on, you know what Nini said is true. You're stunning." Ricky tells her.
Summer looks at him shocked.
"Summer, time to bedazzle your wrist." Natalie says, as Summer goes to say something.
Natalie drags Summer away leaving Ricky and Nini alone.
"Nini what happened why won't Summer talk to me?" Ricky asks.
"Uhm, you broke up with her remember?" Nini replies.
"I didn't break up with her. It was a break." Ricky says.
"Ricky, the song you sang to her in the voice message... to her is sounded like you were breaking up with her." Nini says.
"No, no, no, no." Ricky says putting his head in his hands, "What am I going to do?"
"Just give her some space. Maybe explain after the show." Nini tells him.
Ricky nods before Nini pats him on the shoulder then walks away.

After a little while Summer and Ricky.
"Hey." Summer says.
"Oh, um... hi." Ricky replies.
"I just wanted to tell you, because obviously I've given cards to everyone else, I do have a card for you but I just have to sign it." Summer explains.
"Yeah, yeah, of course. Same." Ricky says holding up a card.
"Okay, uhm... good luck tonight." Summer tells him.
"You to." Ricky replies, before watching Summer walk away.

Summer makes her way over to Nini, Kourtney and Kourtney's mom.
"Hey." Summer says.
"Hey." Kourtney says. "Oh, by the way thank you for one of the two second sweetest cards I'm going to get tonight."
"I think you're the only one who's feeling better after seeing North High." Nini says.
"It's been 12 hours of..." Kourtney's mom starts.
"He's a star. The boy's a star. Howie is a shining star. And he's coming to see me?" Kourtney says.
"I have to admit, he was a good cogsworth." Summer says.
"Kourt, I think you might be the show's first-ever flying teapot." Nini says, causing Kourtney to squeals as she holds Nini and Summer's hands.
"I can't wait to see my three girls up on that stage, shining again." Kourtney's mom says.
"well, look for the shortest fork and you'll find me." Nini says.
"Well mothers always come prepared." Kourtney's mom says holding up a small pair of binoculars.
Kourtney's mom then leaves and Nini and Kourtney go to talk to EJ and Gina.
"Summy!" Summer turns to see Ellie entering with Miss Jenn and Natalie.
"El!" Summer shouts back as Ellie runs over and hugs her.
"You look amazing." Ellie says after pulling away.
"Thank you, El." Summer says with a smile.
"Okay, half hour call!" Natalie announces.
"Wildcats! Villagers! My friends and allies." Miss Jenn says as everyone squeals in excitement. Ellie turns to face Miss Jenn, standing in front of Summer, who puts her hands on her sisters shoulders. "As you know, there is a judge out there in the audience tonight who is very important to the future of this theater program, he is going to score every performance, our music, our sets, Lord help us, even me. And in two weeks at the menkies, we could win $50,000. So tonight, we are going to put the 'U' in Utah!"  There was an awkward silence. "And to Ricky and Summer, some words of inspiration. My deep and shameful disappointment in your recent accident, has mellowed to a sort of numbness, so there's that."
"Oh, were those the words on inspiration?" Summer asks.
"Yes, there were." Miss Jenn replies. "Okay, where is Lefou?"
"Sorry I'm late. Just some dry heaving." Big Red says running in.
"Dude!" Ricky says.
"Dry." Big Red repeats.
Ashlyn hands Big Red some flowers before he retches again and runs out.

Summer had just seen Ricky talking to Lily, she walks into the bomb Shelter and quickly starts packing up her stuff.
"Summer, what's going on?" Nini asks as everyone watches her worriedly.
"I... I can't do this." Summer says walking into another oom to get some stuff.
Alice, Stephanie, Haliee, Nini, Kourtney, Gina, Ashlyn, EJ, Big Red, Carlos and Seb all follow her.
"Sum, what's happening?" Gina asks.
"Ricky is talking to Lily right now." Summer replies.
"What?" EJ asks.
"Yep." Summer replies, as she goes to take her hair out.
"Woah, woah, woah. Hey, Sum, Sum. Look at me." Alice says grabbing both her hands. "Just breath. It's going to be, okay."
"I can't do this. I don't deserve this role. Did you see Lily last night. She was amazing!"
"Summer, you're okay thinking it. You earned this role. You desevre it." Carlos says.
"What's going on?" Miss Jenn asks coming into the room.
"I can't do the show Miss Jenn, I'm so sorry." Summer says.
"I need you in the show. If your not it, I don't know what will happen." Miss Jenn says.
"Summer, what's really going on. This can't just be about seeing Ricky and Lily talking." Haliee says.
"Well..." Summer trails off.

_____Flashback_____

Summer was just about to leave North High, their performance had just finished. Everyone was waiting for her outside, when Lily walks up to her.
"Hey wildcat." Lily says.
"What do you want Lily?" Summer asks.
"Just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow. You're gonna need it." Lily says.
"What's that suppose to mean?" Summer asks.
"I make a better Belle then you any-day. I mean, I have the looks, while you... you don't. Just face it." Lily tells her.
"Whatever Lily." Summer says going to walk out the door.
"I mean, not even Ricky wanted you anymore. Guess he finally saw that he deserved better." Lily says.
"What, like you?" Summer asks sarcastically before walking through the door.

_____End of flashback_____

"That's why you were so quiet last night." Nini says, causing Summer to nod.
"You're awesome if anyone thinks any different they are stupid." Stephanie tells her.
"We'll be with you ever step on the way, okay?" EJ says.
Summer nods.
"Okay." She says quietly.
"Come on, it's about to start." Kourtney says.
EJ wraps his arm around Summer's shoulders, leading her to the side of the stage, ready fot the show to begin.