003: Sister Time

Summer couldn't believe that she had gotten the lead

Summer couldn't believe that she had gotten the lead. It may have been along side Ricky Bowen, but she didn't care. She was just so shocked and happy.
"Sum!" Nini says happily hugging her best friend. "You got it! I'm so happy for you."
"Thanks Nin. I'm sorry you didn't get it." Summer says.
"Nonsense. You deserve this." Nini says.
"Thanks." Summer says before her eyes land on Ricky, who was stood behind Nini. "Congrats."
"Thanks, you to." Ricky replies.
Summer sends her a small smile before someone places a hand on both her shoulders turning her around.
""Congrats Sum." Landon says.
"Thanks Landon." Summer says as he hugs her, she pulls away after a few seconds. "Congrats to you too. I mean, ensemble, that's pretty impressive for your first go."
"It's nothing." Landon replies.
"Hey, don't do that. You were amazing." Summer tells him placing a hand on his shoulder, causing the pair to get confused looks from Nini, Kourtney, Big Red and EJ and Landon to get a glare from Ricky.
"Thanks Sum." Landon says with a smile.
"Of course." Summer says with a smile.
"Okay, that's nothing of me waiting." Kourtney says stepping in-between Summer and Landon, hugging Summer. "You did absolutely amazing Summer. you absolutely deserve this."
"Thanks Kourt." Summer says.
A few other people congratulate Summer before the crowd separates, heading home for the evening.

__________

Summer had just got home after auditions to find both her parents passed out on the sofa's with loads of beer bottles on the coffee table and on the floor. She rolled her eyes before placing her bag at the bottom of the stairs. She goes over and picks up all the bottles putting them in the bin before grabbing her bag again and going upstairs and into Ellie's room.
"Hey El." Summer says.
"Hey Summy." Ellie replies.
"Have you been up here since you got home?" Summer asks.
"Yeh, mom and dad sent me up here as soon as I got back." Ellie answers. "They haven't even given me dinner. I don't know what's going on. Are they okay?"
"They're absolutely fine El, just not feeling well so they are both asleep downstairs. Why don't I go drop my bag off in my room then my room and you can go to that restaurant you like, we can have dinner then get ice cream on our way back." Summer suggests.
"Really Summy?" Ellie asks excitedly.
"Of course." Summer says. "I'll be right back."
Summer takes her bag to her room grabbing her handbag before going back and getting Ellie, they leave the house quietly heading out to the restaurant.

__________

Ricky and Big Red were hanging out at the restaurant Big Red's family owns.
"What the hell was that between Summer and Landon? How are they all of a sudden so close?" Ricky says pacing in the back room.
"Ricky breathe okay. I think you're over reacting a little." Big Red tells him.
"Really Big Red! She's gonna get her heart broken!" Ricky replies.
"I don't think that's the only reason you this upset." Big Red admits.
"Of course it is, I care about her and don't want her to get her heart broken. Don't you want the same thing?" Ricky asks.
"Of course I don't want her to get her heart broken Ricky, but I think you might like her." Big Red tells him.
"What?" Ricky asks letting out a nervous laugh.
"Ricky, you like Summer Jones." Big Red says.
"As a friend? Yeah of course I do." Ricky replies.
"No, as more." Big Red tells him.
"Big Red, I'm still not over Nini, remember. There's no way I like Summer like that." Ricky says.
"Could there be a possibility that you never really liked Nini, you just dated her and convinced your self you did like her, to get over Summer?" Big Red suggest.
Ricky opens his mouth to respond but the door opens.
"Red, I need you out front. Ricky, feel free to stay here as long as you want to." Big Red's mom tells them.
"Mom, can we just have a few minutes? We're talking about something important." Big Red asks.
"No, get out here, now." His mom says before leaving.
"Sorry bro, I'll be as quick as I can." Big Red says before walking out.
Ricky sits down and a few seconds later Big Red runs back in.
"Wow, that was quick." Ricky says.
"Summer is here with a little girl, who I'm guessing is her sister." Big Red says quickly.
"What?" Ricky asks standing up.
"Yeah, come look." Big Red says before the two walk out see Summer and Ellie sitting in a both next to the window. "You should go talk to her."
"What no! Remember she hates me right now." Ricky says.
"Remember what you said at the audition, 'you would do anything to make it right'. That starts with going and talking to her." Big Red says. "Don't make me drag you over there."
Ricky sighs before nodding and walking over.
"Hey Summer." Ricky says causing the two sisters to look up.
"Oh, uhm... Ricky, hey." Summer says.
"Is this Ellie?" Ricky asks.
"Yeah, I'm Ellie, how do you know that?" Ellie asks.
"You're sister talks about you all the time." Ricky tells her.
"Really?" Ellie asks looking at her sister with a smile.
"I guess I do, yeah." Summer says nodding her head smiling.
"There's no guessing about it, you do." Ricky says with a small laugh. "Anyway, Ij ust came over to congratulate you again on getting Gabriella."
"Thanks, Congrat's on getting Troy, that's a very big achievement for a first timer."
"Thanks, anyway, I'll let you guys get back to your sister time." Ricky tells them before walking away.

"So how'd it go? You guys seemed to have been laughing a lot." Big Red says.
"Went better then I expected." Ricky responds before looking over to Summer who was laughing with Ellie.
"I'm calling it now. You'll realise you are in love with her by the time the show comes around." Big Red says.
"She's just my best friend, Red. My best friend who I need to make it up to for what I said." Ricky says.
"So, are you willing to make a bet?" Big Red asks.
"Sure, 10 bucks that I won't realise I am in love with Summer before and after the show." Ricky says.
"Deal." Big Red says as they shake hands.
Ricky then looks back over at Summer. He stands there for a couple moments before walking back to the back room.

~~~~~~~~~~

"You got the leading roll!" Ellie says once Ricky was gone. "Why didn't you tell me?"
"I was going to, but Ricky did before I could." Summer answers.
"So, is Ricky your boyfriend or something?" Ellie asks.
"No, he's just my best friend. We've had a bit of a falling out, so to be honest, I don't know weather or not we're even that at the moment." Summer explains.
"Well, by the way you look at each other, you're 100% in love with each other." Ellie says.
"Yeah right." Summer says laughing. "He's in love with someone else, El."
"Whatever you say, sis." Ellie says laughing taking a sip of her drink.
"But hey, no matter what I always got you, right?" Summer says holding her hand out to her sister.
"Duh!" Ellie says grabbing Summer's extending hand. "But I'm still going to play cupid for the two of you.
"El!" Summer says laughing.
They keep holding hands laughing together as they take sips of their drinks.
Big Red soon brings their food over and they eat before paying then leaving to get ice cream.

__________

"I am so tired." Summer says as she opens her locker.
"Girl, it's not even first period." Kourtney says.
"I know." Summer replies with a sigh.
What were you doing last night?" Nini asks.
"My parents weren't very well so I toke my sister out for dinner and ice cream, got back, got my sister ready for bed, got her into bed, read her a story. By the time I got to go to bed it was like 12:15." Summer says.
"Girl, that's not healthy." Kourtney says.
"I've never met your sister or your parents in all the years I've known you. I don't think anyone has." Nini says. "Why's that?"
"My parents don't like friends coming over, and my sister isn't very good with new people." Summer lies. "But uhm, Ricky and Big Red met Summer yesterday."
"What are you doing talking to him?" Kourtney questions.
"El loves the pizza from the restaurant Big Red's family owns so I toke her there for dinner and the two of them were there." Summer answers.
"Do you want to fix things with you and Ricky?" Nini asks.
"I mean, I miss being friends with him, but what he said really hurt me. I don't know if I would be able to go through that again." Summer says adding. 'Especially with everything going on at home.' in her head.
"He really is an idiot. He hurt two of the most amazing girls." Kourtney says.
Summer shakes her head and rolls her eyes letting out a sigh.
"Thanks Kourt." She says before the bell goes off  "I'll see you guys at the run through."
"Yes you will Miss Gabriella." Nini says jokingly.
Summer smiles before closing her locker saying a quiet goodbye and heading to her first class.