053: Not Auditioning

Summer was in the Cabin with the girls

Summer was in the Cabin with the girls. She was sat on the swing which was in the cabin.
"I can't believe we're actually gonna be in this documentary." Ashlyn says. "And to be directed by Mr Chad Daanforth himself. Okay, one could say the stakes for auditions have never been higher. And one will. I will. The stakes have never been higher."
"I think I'm having withdrawals. I mean, this is the first day I haven't had a headache in my entire life." Kourtney says.
"Isn't that a good thing?" Summer asks slightly swinging on the swing.
"No, I don't know who I am without screens." Kourtney says, continuing with her makeup.
"I'm just gonna let it be known that I'm going for gold at the auditions today. I'm finally ready to play the lead. No apologies, no prisoners." Gina says.
"Sounds liek you brought Gina 1.0 to camp." Alice says.
"No. Look, I loved auditioning as a group last year, and we're still a tercet, but I just feel like I need to stand on my own this summer, you know?" Gina says. "Especially with the whole documentary thing, like that could literally be our future."
"Okay, 1.0." Summer says.
"You two are definitely going to get Elsa and Anna." Ashlyn says pointing to Summer and Gina.
"I don't think I'm actually going to audition this time. I know I said that last time, but I general don't think I will." Summer says.
"What?" Kourtney nearly shouts.
"This doesn't something to do with the person who turned up here last night?" Alice asks.
"No. Camp's for new things right?" Summer asks.
"Yeah." Alice says.
"And I heard this camp has a pretty awesome swimming team who competes against other camps at the end so... I think I might try out for that." Summer says.
"Sum, really?" Gina asks.
"Yep." Summer says. "Anyway, I'm gonna head over to El's cabin and pick her up for breakfast. See you guys there." Summer says getting up from the swing. She grabs her bag before walking out.

As she walks out she bumps into Ricky.
"Hey." Summer says awkwardly.
"Hey." Ricky replies, just as awkward.
Ricky goes to hug her but it gets awkward. After a moment they do actually hug.
"I was just going to get El and get some breakfast before dropping her off at auditions." Summer says.
"What do you mean 'dropping her off' you aren't auditioning?" Ricky asks.
"No. Want to try something new. I was just telling the girls I was thinking of trying out for the swim team here." Summer says.
"You've never shown a interest in swimming." Ricky says.
"Yeah, well camp is for trying new things." Summer says.
"Guess, you're right." Ricky says.
The pair start walking.
"Can we just start over?" Summer asks.
"Yes, definitely." Ricky sys before doing this weird thing, like he was rewinding what just happened.
"No, Ricky. That's what I was trying to say." Summer says. "Can the two of us start over?"
"Duh, right." Ricky says before doing the same thing again, like he was fast forwarding. "Okay, you were saying."
"We're in a new place. And we're different people now. You've got Lily, I'm sure I'll find a cute guy here like Nini did. We can start fresh." Summer says.
"Totally." Ricky says a bit disappointed. "Wait? Your hair? It's different."
It was true, the day school got out, Summer had decided to get a loud of blonde highlights put in her hair, so now it was a lot lighter.
"Uhm... yeah." Summer says messing with her hair a little.
"It looks nice." Ricky says.
"Thanks." Summer replies with a small smile.

__________

Summer was walking to the woods with a guitar hung around her back. She walked past the barn were auditions were and multiple people were stood outside.
"Hey Summer." A girl says. "I'm Emmy. I'm in eighth grade, almost freshman, and I am a huge fan. I listen to all the songs you post. I have them on repeat. They are amazing."
"Are you auditioning?" Summer asks.
"yeah, are you?" Emmy asks. "Sorry, I mean of course you are."
"I'm actually I'm not auditioning." Summer says.
"Oh, I was kind of hoping you could give me some tips. I've never auditioned for anything before." Emmy says.
"Be prepared. Practice. And you have to be confident." Summer says. "If you don't feel confident, just fake confidence."
"Okay. Thanks." Emmy says.
"Hey Summy." Ellie says coming out the barn. "Decided to audition after all?"
"No, El. Uhm... Ellie this is Emmy. Emmy this is my sister Ellie. I think you two could get along great." Summer says.
"Nice to meet you." Ellie says.
"Nice to meet you to." Emmy replies.
"Good luck you guys." Summer says, before looking directly at her sister. "Tell me all about it after?"
"Yeah." Ellie says.
Summer gives her sister one last hug before walking away.

__________

The auditions were about to start and Ellie spots Ricky walking in with a snow suit She decides to walk over to him.
"You do realise it's summer, right? It's hot." Ellie says.
"Yeah, well I was originally going snowboarding so didn't exactly pack much for this weather." Ricky replies. "Plus, it kind of helps seeing the musical is 'Frozen'."
"Believe what you want to believe, Richard." Ellie says.
"So you're auditioning?" Ricky asks.
"Yep. Just wish Summy was to." Ellie says.
"Yeah." Ricky says with a sigh.
Ellie spots him looking at Landon.
"You jealous, Richard?" Ellie asks.
"Hmm?" Ricky asks looking back at the younger girl.
"Of Landon. For spending so much time with Summy?" Ellie asks.
"Oh uhm..." Ricky says.
"Don't worry. I won't tell." Ellie says. "If it makes you feel better. I still prefer you to him. You made my sister happy. She was the happiest she has ever been when she was with you. So I'd prefer you over anyone, any-day."
Ellie lightly smiles at him before walking over to talk to Emmy.
Ricky was thankful that Ellie still felt that way about him. The young girl was like a little sister to him. And seeing that she still felt that way about him after everything that happened between him and the girls sister, warmed his heart.