043: You'd Be Surprised

Summer had managed to avoid Ricky all day

Summer had managed to avoid Ricky all day. Every-time she would see him, or he would try to walk towards her, she would walk in the other direction. In class she sat as far away from him as possible. But, now it was rehearsals. So she couldn't avoid him any longer.
"Alright, let's get started." Carlos says.
"Okay, Wildcats. Let's shake spring break out of our systems and try the Beast transformation one last time." Miss Jenn says. "And remember, this is the triumph of the show, the moment the audience has been waiting for. This has to work."
"No pressure, right?" Ricky says to Summer.
Summer just gives him a small nod.
"Ricky, try not to rush this time. We'll speed it up when you're more confident." Miss Jenn says.
"Got it." Ricky says.
"Let's take it from... 'You came back.'" Miss Jenn says.
Summer sighs, knowing that there was definitely no more avoiding Ricky.
Everyone steps to the side while Ricky tries to talk to Summer.
"Summer, can you please just talk to me, I'm sorry that..." Ricky starts.
"It doesn't matter anymore, Ricky. Let's just get this over and done with." Summer tells him, before walking past him and getting into position.
Once they were in position, Ricky's head laying on Summer's lap and Summer slightly leaning over him, they start.
"You came back." Ricky says as the Beast.
"If only I'd come sooner." Summer replies as Belle.
"Maybe it's better this way..." Ricky says.
"Don't talk like that." Summer tells him. "Everything will be fine."
"No." Ricky says.
"Shh. Shh. We're together now. You'll see." Summer says.
"I'm just glad I was able to see your face one last..." Ricky starts placing his hand on her cheek, causing Summer to fight the urge to get up and walk away.
Ricky then fake passes out and Seb starts the piano. Before Summer starts to sing, while Ricky tries to get the fur from the beast mask out his mouth.

We are home
We are where we shall be forever
Trust in me
For you know I won't run away

"Belle I..." Ricky says.
"Yes?" Summer asks, before Ricky fake dies. "No, no, please don't leave me. Please." Summer takes a small unnoticeable breath. "I love you."
Ricky had to hide under the cloak that Summer was wearing to get the mask off. After some struggle he got it off and threw it to Natalie, who was off to the side. She catches it but knocks the set over in the process.
"Cut!" Miss Jenn says.
"Sorry, Natalie." Ricky says.
"It's okay." Natalie replies. "It was just my face."
"Guess I should practice that throw, huh?" Ricky asks Summer looking at her.
"Yep." Summer replies before getting up and going over to Nini and Kourtney on the other side of the stage.
"The throw is great, Ricky." Miss Jenn says. "The mask is great. This is working. I will be in my office."
Miss Jenn leaves as Ricky looks back to Summer who completely avoids looking at him.
"Guys, we're on a long five until Miss Jenn returns." Carlos says before following Miss Jenn.
Ricky stands up and Ashlyn goes to talk to him.
"You doing okay?" Nini asks.
"Yep." Summer replies.
"Sum, you know you can tell us if you aren't okay, right?" Kourtney says.
"Yeah, I know." Summer replies. "I'm going to head to last lesson. I just need some time."
Nini and Kourtney nod before Summer leaves.

__________

Summer was sat in class, making notes, when Ruby turns to her, as it was 5 minutes till the end.
"I'm surprised to see you here. Shouldn't you be in rehearsals for the musical?" Ruby asks.
"Oh, yeah... Um... I just needed a break." Summer says.
"And class is a good break?" Ruby asks.
"You'd be surprised." Summer says with a small laugh.
"How are rehearsals going?" Ruby questions.
"Going good." Summer replies.
"How does it feel being the lead again?" Ruby asks.
"Oh um, stressful." Summer says.
"You were amazing as Gabriella, and your going to be amazing as Belle as well." Ruby reassures her.
"Thank's Ruby." Summer says before her phone goes off.
She checks to see a message from Carlos in the theater group.
'Meet at Slices in 30 minutes.'

__________

The main cast and crew were at slices waiting for Carlos to arrive. Eventually he does.
"There you are." EJ says.
"We all got your text." Gina adds.
"You guys, mother is freaking out." Carlos says. "It's about the menkies. Is everyone sat down?"
"No." EJ says as Big Red slowly sits down, while everyone else stays standing up.
"We can't win." Carlos says.
"Why?" Summer asks.
"Listen, there's math involved." Carlos says. "If we don't sweep the technical achievement awards, we don't have a chance. And, no offence Ricky, but..."
"Oh, is this about the transformation/" Ricky asks. "'Cause I can throw that mask at someone other then Natalie."
"You haven't yet." Natalie replies.
"I hate to say this you guys. We all had a good time over spring break." Carlos says.
"Some of us a little more then others." Seb says.
"Not today." Carlos says.
"You guys okay?" Summer asks Seb.
"Mm-hm." Seb replies.
"Honestly, we need to rally behind Miss Jenn. I mean, our sets are made of plywood and Elmer's Glue. We're humble. Humble does not win awards." Carlos says.
Kourtney then comes over after shouting at Howie.
"Fresh soda. Y'all okay?" Kourtney asks.
"Carlos was just explaining..." Gina starts.
"I heard it all." Kourtney says.
"While you were yelling at Howie?" Summer asks.
"Multitasking. Look, I'm a designer, Big Red's a crew guy, between the two of us, you're looking at your answer." Kourtney says.
"Quit school, get a job at the pizza shop?" Seb asks.
"Uh, no, we should invent something amazing." Kourtney says. "Something we can run at tech rehearsal tomorrow night. A next level transformation that out- broads Broadway and out- norths North High."
"Ashlyn you have the biggest house. What if a few of the girls come over and we can work on something." Nini suggests.
"I mean, square footage wise my house is slightly larger..." EJ says, before Gina nudges him. "I'm going to shut up."
"A hundred percent yes." Ashlyn says.
"Should we stick together?" Gina asks.
"Oh, no way." Summer says before linking arms with Nini and Kourtney. "Boy's versus girls."
"My basements free. We have a ton of old tools. the guys can make something cool." Big Red says.
"Great. May the best transformation win." Summer says.
Everyone goes their separate ways, Summer, Nini and Ashlyn going straight to Ashlyn's.