070: Panic Mode

It was the morning of opening night of 'Frozen' which also happened to be Ricky's birthday

Summer and the others all sneak into the cabin and quietly make their way over to Ricky's bed.
"Okay, I'm gonna count to three." Carlos whispers.
"One three or after three?" Kourtney whispers back.
"Not this again." Carlos says.
"Happy birthday!" Ellie shouts.
"Happy birthday, Ricky"" Everyone else shouts, causing him to jump and scream.
"And happy opening night, to those keeping score." EJ adds. "Our show might be in danger, but right now our focus is Ricky."
"Guys, you shouldn't have." Ricky says sitting up. "For real, you almost gave me a heart attack."
"You're an old man now?" Jet asks.
"But wait, there's more." Carlos says.
"There is?"  Ashlyn asks.
"Come on in. Your best friend is old enough to vote." Carlos shouts.
"Please tell me these bunks are air conditioned." Big Red says coming in.
"Biggie?" Ashlyn questions.
"Of course you showed up." Ricky says, hugging Big Red.
"we've spent every birthday together since pre- school." Big Red says.
"And of course you brought a lotto ticket." Ricky says.
"Brought a what now?" Big Red asks, as Summer and Ellie shrea knowing smile.
"A lotto ticket? It's the second to last thing on my bucket list." Ricky says. "That's why you're here right?"
"You walked on the moon?" Big Red asks.
"He actually did it all this summer. I'm Jet. Who are you?" Jet asks.
"I'm Ashlyn's boyfriend." Big Red says hugging Ashlyn.
"My friend first." Ricky says, causing Summer to laugh.
"Jealousy, doesn't look good on you Bowen." Summer says.
"Unless it's over her." Ellie says, pointing to Summer.
"Shut up." Summer says, hitting Ellie lightly around the back of the head.
Ricky then sits down and blows out his candles making a wish. Little did Summer know, the wish was about her.

Summer was walking to the barn when Emmy comes up to her.
"Summer, can I bother you?" Emmy asks.
"Never bother, Em. What's up?" Summer asks.
"What if I get up there and I forget how to sing?" Emmy questions.
"hey, you got a huge heart. And I'm sure there's a voice in their to match it." Summer says.
"when i sing alone, I sound okay." Emmy says.
"You're never alone here." Summer tells her. "Theater is a family. Even when... Even when we have our setbacks. You trust the process."
"Aw!" Summer turns to see Miss Jenn stood there with Ellie beside her.
"Miss Jenn!" Summer says.
"Happy opening night!" Miss Jenn says as Summer hugs her.
"Hi, I wasn't sure you'd come back." Summer says.
"i wouldn't miss this for the world." Miss Jenn says.
"Oh this is Emmy. She plays young Kourtney. Also known as Young Elsa." Summer says.
"Then you are a very lucky girl." Miss Jenn says, before turning to Ellie placing a hand on her back. "And you are also a very lucky girl getting to play young Summer. Even though you kind of are a young Summer in real life."
"Miss Jenn..." Summer says gesturing her head to Emmy.
Miss Jenn smiles knowingly before getting down to Emmy's level and grabbing her hands.
"Now go out there and find your voice." Miss Jenn tells Emmy.
Emmy closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Emmy thanks Miss Jenn before walking away.
"Woah." Ellie says bouncing up and down.
"Two of my babies." Miss Jenn says wrapping an arm each around Summer and Ellie. "I know you are both going to go out there and make me so proud."
"Thanks miss Jenn." Summer says hugging her back.
"Hi Miss Jenn." Ricky says walking over.
"Hi Ricky." Miss jenn says hugging him.
"Mind if I steal Summer a minute?" Ricky asks.
"not at all. El, why don't you show me around a bit more." Miss Jenn suggests.
"Okay." Ellie says, before Miss Jenn and Ellie walk away.
"Hi." Summer says after their was a bit of an awkward silence.
"Hi." Ricky replies. "How are you feeling?"
"My heads a bit all over the place. But for tonight I'm in one place. Arendelle." Summer says, getting a confused look from Ricky. "It's the place in 'Frozen' Ricky."
"Right. Still haven't read the full script." Ricky says.
"We've watched the film like 10 times." Summer says with a laugh.
"Yeah, but I wasn't really paying attention to the film." Ricky says, causing Summer to smile knowing what he meant. "Hey, happy opening night."
"Happy opening night and happy birthday." Summer says.
Ricky smiles before pulling Summer into a hug. Summer hugs her back, both of them closing their eyes as they enjoy the moment. They pull apart after a moment before wishing each other good luck then going their separate ways.

"Half hour call, everybody!" Maddox announces, as everyone was doing their finishing touches.
"Greeting theater children." Channing says coming into the room. "Listen up. You see this camera? There are another ten of them planted throughout the theater. It all comes down to tonight. Okay? Big new announcement. We will be live streaming tonight's 'Frozen' performance, on Disney+, in order to drum up interest in our documentary." Carlos screams. "Oh! Save the scream for on stage, snowman. When you find out your carrots been replaced by a stick of dynamite."
"No." Carlos says.
"Dude, what are you talking about?" Ricky asks.
"I may throw a few things at you guys,  last minute. It's fun stuff to shake up the show." Channing says.
"You mean, different then how we rehearsed it?" Summer asks.
"You guys were sogreat at that last rehearsal, remember?" Channing says. We need that, but more. Okay? So just change some dialouge, slap each other, pull some wigs off. It's fun stuff to amp up the livestream, right?"
"We can do that." EJ says.
"What?" Everyone asks.
"No, we will do that." EJ says.
"Excellent, okay. Have fun, all right?" Channing says. "At each other's expenses. If you aren't trending in Brazil at Midnight, you haven't done your jobs. Okay? Yay!"
Channing leaves and everyone starts shouting at EJ.
Summer quickly excuses herself to the other side of the room.
"Elton, even I think we shouldn't pull each other's wigs off!" Carlos says.
"Settle down, you guys, I was acting, okay? To get that jerk off our backs." EJ says.
"You sure?" Ricky asks.
"Channing may know what makes a good TV show, but we're theater kids. And we're gonna do tonight our way. Final decision." EJ says.
"Okay." everyone agrees.
"You okay, Summy?" Ellie asks, looking over at her sister, who was sat on the floor, back against the wall, knees to her chest and head in her hands.
"Shit, she's having a panic attack." Ricky says, noticing Summer's heavy breathing. Ricky rushes over to her. "Sum, hey, hey, Sum. Breath, it's okay. We're okay. Look at me, look at me, please, Sum." Summer looks at Ricky, still breathing heavily. "It's okay. Okay? It's okay. Here." Ricky grabs one of Summer's hands placing it on his chest. "Follow me, okay?"
Summer nods before following Ricky's breathing to slow down her own,
"I'm sorry." Summer says wipping her eyes.
"Hey, hey. Don't apologies. What's wrong? What happened?" Ricky asks.
"I... I just... I don't know." Summer says tearing up again.
"Hey, it's okay." Ricky says, moving to sit next to her pulling her into his arms. He looks at the others, who all nod understandingly before leaving the room. Ellie having to be guided out by Alice, not wanting to leave her sister. "You're okay."
"God. I probably really scared Ellie." Summer says.
"You really scared me there, Sum. But, none of that's important, right now. It's okay. You're okay. I promise you, okay? It may not feel like that right now, but it will. And I'll be here, as long as it takes." Ricky says.
"Thank you." Summer says, resting her head on Ricky's shoulder.
"You don't need to thank me." Ricky says, wrapping an arm around her, softly rubbing her arm.
Ricky had no idea what caused Summer to have a panic attack. Buy he knew he would help her in every way possible.