048: Lifting People Up

Summer was sat in a corridor when Mr Mazzra comes up to her

"You, Miss Jones should be on stage right now, everyone's waiting for you." Mr Mazzara says.
"Tell them someone else has to go on. I can't go back on there." Summer says not even looking at him.
Mr Mazzara sighs before kneeling down beside her.
"I know about what happened between you and Mr Bowen, but you can't let that stop you from going on that stage and earning that award." Mr Mazzara says.
"Like, I'm going to win it after the performance Lily gave for North High last night." Summer says with a laugh.
"You won't with that that attitude." Mr Mazzara says. "You have to believe in yourself, Summer."
"How do I do that?" Summer asks, looking up at him.
"That's for you to figure out." Mr Mazzara tells her before Gina and Seb walk up to them. "I'll give you guys a minute."
Mr Mazzara walks away and Gina and Seb sit either side of Summer.
"What's going on, Sumriella?" Seb asks.
"I don't think I can go on stage." Summer admits.
"Why not?" Gina asks.
"I just can't." Summer says.
"Sum, what's going on?" Seb asks.
"Lily is better then me at everything. Even Ricky wants her more then he wants me." Summer says.
"Where's this coming from?" Gina asks.
"I caught them talking, guys. He seemed really happy." Summer says.
"He's happiest when he's with you, Sum." Seb says.
"Thanks, for trying to make me feel better guys. But, it's true. Ricky wants Lily, not me." Summer says.
"We need you out there. It won't be the same without you." Seb tells her.
"I can't I'm sorry guys." Summer says.
"Okay, we won't push you. Just reconsider, okay?" Gina says.
"Okay." Summer says before the pair stand up again.
"I support you no matter what." Gina tells her.
"Same. No matter what you decided to do. All of us support you." Seb says.
Summer nods before they walk away.

"What are we going to do? We can't do the show without Summer." Ricky says.
"It's been five minutes now that nothings been happening. We may have to." Natalie says.
"No, we're not. If Summer isn't going to be on stage, neither am I." Ricky says.
"Okay. Okay. We all know, Summer. She'll be here in a minute." Nini says.
"Nini's right. Summer's not a quitter." Alice says.
"Glad you guys think so highly of me." They turn to see Summer stood there.
"Summer!" They all whisper shout rushing to hug her, besides Ricky who stays where he was.
"Come on, we got a show to finish." Natalie says dragging Summer and Ricky towards the stage.

__________

The show had ended, Summer had just finished getting change and walks into the bomb shelter where everyone else was.
"Hey! Give it up for our star!" Nini shouts as Summer enters.
"Aww, you guys. Thank you." Summer says as she hangs her costume up.
"Summy!" Ellie shouts rushing into the room.
"El? Shouldn't you be going home with Nini's mom's?" Summer asks hugging her.
"And miss out on pizza? No way." Ellie says. "Any you did amazing tonight, Summy."
"Thanks, El." Summer says hugging her.
"Okay, let's head out before it get's to late." Nini says.
Everyone agrees and heads out.

Summer had to head to her locker so was meeting everyone there. When she was leaving she spotted Gina.
"G, hey. Comin' to slices?" Summer asks, walking over to her.
"Uh, I think I'm gonna head home early, actually." Gina says.
"Hey." Summer says sitting down next to her. "What's going on?"
"I just had this big dumb plan to go out with EJ tonight and he just cancelled." Gina tells her.
"You can go tomorrow." Summer says.
"No, he cancelled, Sum." Gina says. "For good."
"G, I don't know whats going on between you and EJ, but you are a force of nature." Summer says.
"Sum..." Gina says.
"You have this energy about you that's so..." Summer starts.
"Off putting?" Gina asks, cutting her off.
"Powerful." Summer clarifies. "And I would say any guy would be lucky to have you, but that's not the point. Truth is, we're all lucky to know you."
"You're still doing it." Gina says.
"Doing what?" Summer asks.
"Lifting other people up." Gina says. "Even after everything that happened with you and..."
"Ricky?" Summer questions, seeing Gina wasn't sure if she should say it.
"Yeah. Even after everything that happened between you two tonight. You're still here lifting me up." Gina says. "Look, I'm really sorry about the whole Valentine's Day chocolates thing."
"Oh no, that's... Honestly, it was more about me and you then me and him." Summer tells her.
"Wait, who and who?" Gina asks.
"I was just thinking we were in a place where you could 100% trust me." Summer says.
"I did. I do. Of course I do, Sum, you're my best friend." Gina says. "I mean, come on, you kept up with me when I did that crazy hard routine for 'HSM' anyone else would either refuse or by reluctant to do it. But you. You just stepped up and did it." Summer smiles slightly as Gina grabs her hand. "You're a really solid person, Sum."
"Well... if you change you're mind about going to slices..." Summer says before getting up and walking to the door.
Nini appears in the door way.
"Hey guys." Nini says.
"Hey Neen." Summer replies.
"Our show would have been better... if you guys could have sung your original songs." Gina says causing the two girls to look at her.
"I don't know about that." Summer says.
"Have you guys ever thought about taking your song writing to the next level?" Gina asks.
"What are you asking us?" Nini asks.
"I think there's somebody you guys should meet." Gina says, Gina was smiling but her face soon drops. "Oh my god."
Summer and Nini turn to see Landon stood there.
"I'll see you guys at slices." Summer says.
"You sure?" Nini asks.
"Yeah, I'm sure." Summer says before walking over to Landon. "Hi."
"Hey." Landon replies. "You were incredible tonight."
"Thanks." Summer says.
"I... uhm... I just wanted to give you this." Landon says holding a memory stick out to her.
"What is on it?" Summer asks taking it.
"Uhm... I think it's better if you just listen to it." Landon says.
"Okay." Summer says.
"I guess this is goodbye." Landon says.
"You never know, our paths may cross again." Summer says.
"Can I just hug you? Just once." Landon says.
"Yeah." Summer says before Landon hugs her and she hugs him back.
"See you around, Summer." Landon says.
"See you around, Landon." Summer replies.
Landon walks away and Summer turns around to see Ricky leaving Miss Jenn's office. They make eye contact for a minute before Summer sends him a small smile then walks away.