018: Opening Night Nerves

Summer was in her room with Nini, Alice, Kourtney and Ashlyn

Summer was in her room with Nini, Alice, Kourtney and Ashlyn. It was the day of opening night and Summer was freaking out. Not only because of opening night but also the Ricky situation. She still had no clue what she was feeling towards him. If she was to be honest it scared her, she didn't feel like this at all towards Landon.
Summer was stood at the end on her bed, which all the other girls were sat on, looking at a necklace Summer had gotten for Ricky.
"You're not talking." Summer says getting impaitent for an answer.
"We're reading." Kourtney replies.
"Come on, it's not a novel. It's just four words." Summer says. "Four little words."
"It's jewellery." Nini says.
"It's a dog tag." Summer says with a small laugh.
"But he's gonna wear it around his neck. That's jewellery." Alice says.
"Silly opening night gift." Summer replies as Kourtney hands it back to her. "I'm sure Ricky's gonna give me something, too." All the girls give her a look. "What?"
"I just think it's deep." Kourtney says.
"Like very deep." Ashlyn says.
"Well it should be! We've come a long way, and Ricky's been, kinda, great lately." Summer says putting the necklace into the small bag.
"Is something going on that you're not telling us?" Alice asks.
"No." Summer says holding the 'O' a little.
"Sum, you know you can trust us, right?" Nini says.
"Okay fine." Summer says giving in as she sits on her desk chair. "Me and Ricky nearly kissed on Tech day."
"What?" All the girls say at the same time.
"I know, I know." Summer says. "But, it was just a moment. I'm 100% positive he doesn't like me like that."
"Really. Sum? Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that Ricky likes you like that." Ashlyn says.
"Why don't we have a girls day?" Alice suggests.
"That came out of no where." Kourtney says looking at the girl.
"Well, we need to have a girls day before this one is always ditching us for her boyfriend." Alice says gesturing to Summer.
"Oh my god. I should have never told you." Summer groans burying her face in her hands.
"No, you're wrong. It's good that you did tell us." Ashlyn says.
Kourtney's phone then goes off. She checks it before gasping.
"What is it?" Nini asks.
"Miss Jenn asked if I knew Taylor's lines." Kourtney says.
"Wait what?" Summer asks.
'I haven't stopped thinking about your sound check. You have the best voice in Northern Utah. Please say you'll go on for Gina tonight.'" Kourtney reads as she slowly stands up. "And then there's like 100 emojis."
"Oh my gosh, Kourts!" Alice says.
"Kourt, that's amazing!" Summer says also standing up.
To Summer this was bittersweet, Gina had really become one of her best friends so she was sad she wouldn't be here, but she couldn't be happier for Kourtney.
"So you approve of this?" Kourtney asks.
"Of course." Summer says hugging her best friend.
All the other girls hug her before they all scream.
"How am I going to know the lines? What am I gonna wear?" Kourtney asks causing the others to laugh.
"Don't worry, Kourt. We'll help you." Ashlyn reassures her.
"I'm gonna head over to the school so I can just have a moment to myself before the show." Summer tells them.
"Yeah, see you later." Nini says.
Summer gives them a smile before leaving.

__________

Summer walks into the gym, where they we doing the show, when she walked in she saw Miss Jenn and Ricky.
"Oh! Uh... I didn't know anyone would be in here." Summer says.
"Let me guess, jitters?" Ricky says as Summer walks over.
"Little bit. I just realised this morning this is the first time I'll be playing the lead." Summer says with a nervous laugh.
"But it won't be the last." Miss Jenn tells her. "Tell her the muffin story."
"Do I have to?" Ricky asks.
"Listen, I'm gonna run. I'll see you in a couple hours for pre- game." Miss Jenn says. "Just take a second, both of you and soak in the stillness."
Miss Jenn then leaves. As Miss Jenn leaves a sand bag falls causing both Summer and Ricky to jump.
"Sorry." A boy says.
"I think that was me." A girl replies.
"Okay, how many people are in here?" Ricky asks.
"Do you wanna..." Summer asks pointing to the door.
"Yeah." Ricky says before they walk out the gym. "Can't believe we made it here."
"Yeah. Against all odds, right?" Summer asks.
"Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing." Ricky says as they both laugh.
"Hey, that other night, in the theatre, in that room, I, um..." Summer says slowly pulling out the necklace for Ricky from her bag.
"Oh,uh... listen. No worries. I get it." Ricky says. "It was a tough day. We were all in a really weird place."
Yeah." Summer agrees shoving the necklace back into her bag. "Yeah, totally weird."
"It's cool. We're cool, right?" He asks.
"Yeah. Yeah, totally cool." Summer says.
"Cool." Ricky says.
"I mean, what would I do without my best friend, right? The one who ate my science protect in 5th grade." Summer says laughing awkwardly.
"Yeah, and what would I do without my best friend? The one who broke my first skateboard." Ricky says laughing awkwardly as well.
"So, um... Uh... So I'll see you before the show?" Summer asks starting to walk away.
"Yeah, you to." Ricky says.
"Good luck tonight." Summer says before walking away.