006: New Look

"Hey, it's Summer, Sum, Summy, whichever you call me, Sorry I am unable to answer the phone, leave a message after the tone and I'll get back to you when I can

"Hey, it's Summer, Sum, Summy, whichever you call me, Sorry I am unable to answer the phone, leave a message after the tone and I'll get back to you when I can."
"Hey, it's me. Your... buddy, Ricky. Sorry to bother you. I know we don't really do voice convos, but I saw you singing that song with Ashlyn and Nini today, and I felt like we kind of shared a moment,or a thing. I don't know, maybe a moment is a thing. Why am I still talking? Anyway, whatever. I also am really sorry about everything I have said since the start of school. I really am happy for you and Landon. And I especially didn't mean what I said on the first day back. But, uhm... if this voicemail is too much, or too soon, or you're not into it. We can just ignore this and pretend nothing ever happened, okay? Poof gone. I really miss you, Sum. Bye."

__________

Summer was running around trying to find her phone. She looked in the rehearsal room before going to the stage where she found Miss Jenn and Carlos.
"Uhm, have you seen my phone?" Summer asks. "It's kind of a rose gold colour, has a clear phone case with a picture of me and my sister inside the case."
"That's adorable." Carlos says. "Nini just came through here looking for her phone."
"Sorry, no. But we'll keep a look out." Miss Jenn tells her.
"Okay, thank you." Summer says before going to check the other side of the stage.
"Just remember there's no phones in rehearsal." Miss Jenn shouts.
"I know." Summer replies as she runs out the door.

__________

"Summy, wake up!" Summer was woken up by her sister jumping on top of her.
"Oh my god, El, ow." Summer says.
Her whole body was still aching from last night, to say her parents were furious she lost her phone would be an understatement.
"Sorry." Ellie says getting off her sister. "Are you excited for rehearsal's today?"
"Little bit." Summer answers. "What about you, you excited for art club?"
"Yeah." Ellie answers. "Am I still able to come to rehearsal's tomorrow?"
"I'll have to check with Miss Jenn again, but I'm sure it's still, okay." Summer answers.
"Okay, now get up, we're gonna be late for school." Ellie says before jumping off the bed and running out the room.
Summer groans and flops back onto the bed.

__________

"Now listen, El. I got work after rehearsal's so when you get home from art club you go straight upstairs and do some homework, don't go downstairs until I get back, you've got snacks and drinks in your mini fridge, and I will get dinner on the way back from work, okay?" Summer tells Ellie as she walks her to school.
"Okay, but why can't I go downstairs, what if mom and dad are home and I want to talk to them?" Ellie asks.
"They aren't feeling very well." Summer answers.
"They never are." Ellie says with a sigh as they get to the school gate.
"I got to get going to school myself. I'll see you when I get back from work." Summer tells her little sister giving her a hug.
"Okay, love you." Ellie says hugging her back.
"Love you to." Summer says before Ellie runs over to her class who had already started to line up.
Summer watches to make sure Ellie got there okay before making her way to East High.