064: Right Place

The TV show was saved

The TV show was saved. Everyone in the barn was chanting Carlos loudly, even people outside could hear. Summer was sat on the bench outside the barn when Ricky comes up the steps. He goes to go in but stops when he sees Summer.
"Hey." Ricky says. Summer gives him a smile as he walks over. She tucks her legs, which had been stretched out in front of her so he could sit down opposite her. "Sorry, if I was a bit intense back there."
"If anyone was intense back there it was me. I was pushing you into chairs and everything." Summer says with a small laugh, which causes him to laugh as well.
"Channing could still be around we might not want to act like we are bonding quite yet." Ricky says jokingly, copying the way Summer was sat.
"Oh yeah, don't ruin my big break, Bowen." Summer says jokingly.
"Yeah, a lesson I've definitely learnt before." Ricky replies.
"To be honest, I never saw this summer turning out the way it did. I mean, Gina's brother's gonna hate me because I haven't written a single song in like 4 days. It's just, I've had no inspiration." Summer says.
"Yeah, I guess it's really hard to not say what you feel, you know?" Ricky says.
"Ricky, just soy ou know, me and Landon we're..." Summer starts.
"Hey, break up the rebound you two. I forgot something." Channing says rushing over to them.

Channing walks into the barn and Summer laughs nervously.
"We should..." Summer starts.
"Yeah." Ricky agrees before they walk into the barn.
"Children, I forgot the group photo." Channing says. "Can't do publicity at the Mouse House without a super fierce cast pic. Am I right? It's frozen time."
Everyone gets into place while Summer and Ricky stay by the door. Landon watches them, noticing how Summer was laughing at something Ricky said.
"Anna, Kristoff!" Channing says.
Summer and Ricky continue to laugh as they walk over.
"Yeah?" Summer asks.
"Your this one." Channing tells Ricky handing him a sign that said 'It's Forzen Time'. Before pulling out a crown selfie prop handing it to Summer. "And you're this one."
"Cute." Summer says.
Summer goes and sits between Alice and Ellie, behind Ricky, Landon and EJ.
"All, right smile, guys." EJ says. "We're almost home."
"Almost home as in Salt Lake or St Louis?" Gina asks.
"Wit, what?" EJ asks.
"Are you confused? Welcome to the club." Gina says.
"What's this about St. Louis?" Channing asks.
"It's where the Worlds Fair was held in 1904. It's a great city." EJ says, before turning to Gina who was sat next to Alice. "Can we talk about this later?"
"Do not get me started." Gina says.
"Smile, harder, harder. Like you're angry happy. Yeah." Channing says taking the photo. He takes multiple shots. "Thanks again. Great, day, you guys. The Bleu man is gonna be so happy. I can call him that 'cause we're close. peace."
Channing leaves.
"Well, that couldn't have gone longer." Ashlyn says.
"I for one am looking forward to being reviled by America." Ricky says.
"You know, a simple thank you would do the trick." Carlos says.
"Guys, can we just stopped getting worked up over this, okay?" Kourtney says. "If we can't pull this summer together, we're gonna have bigger problems than just labels on a poster. I gotta be Elsa by the end of the week, and if I can't land that high E flat, then they're gonna edit me out of the show."
"Okay, do you want to take it don, like 1,000?" Carlos asks. "Being this anxious all the time is literally bad for your skin."
"Um, I'm sorry, what was that word?" Kourtney asks.
"Anxious?" Carlos says.
"Did you tell him what my mom..." Kourtney starts to ask Summer.
"Wait." Summer says.
"Tell me what?" Carlos asks.
"Guys, this is all a natural response to a day of high tensions and intense emotions, so let's just walk it off, take a deep breath..."Val starts.
"Cal, maybe now's not the time for your psychoanalysis. Read the room." Ashlyn cuts in.
"In my experience Val prefers to read letters that aren't for her." Gina says.
Maddox then goes and talks to Ashlyn quiet.
"I'm sorry, what?" Ashlyn asks laughing. "I have a boyfriend."
"Can you just once stop telling everyone who they are and how they should be?" Jet asks Maddox.
"Oh, you're talking to me now?" Maddox asks.
"Forget it. You're just gonna yell." Jet says going to walk away.
"Oh, yeah. That's right Jet." Maddox says following him. "Make me the bad guy once again."
"Did I miss an episode of our reality show?" Ricky asks. "Did these two know each other before camp?"
"Not now Ricky." Summer tells him.
"Look Maddie, I'm here, aren't I?" Jet asks. "I'm trying."
"yeah, only because you were forced to come here after you literally got expelled from school." Maddox says. "Or are we just pretending that didn't happen?"
"You have never let me explain." Jet says.
"Then why don't you also explain why you didn't show up to my 15th birthday party?" Maddox says. "Explain why I lose all my confidence when you're around me, and heck, Jet, why don't you explain why you told mom and dad about me and Madison when you found her text in my phone? Explain that."
Jet then leaves.
"Mom and... wait." Ashlyn says as Maddox walks away.
"Maddox." Summer tries.
"I have done a terrible thing." Carlos says.
"I need to sit down." Ricky sys before sitting down at the edge of the stage. "I need to lie down."
"I guess there are a lot of secrets floating around here." Gina says.
EJ and Gina were talking, Summer blocking everyone out as she decided if going to check on Maddox was the right move. The sudden sound of Ashlyn's voice snaps her out of her thoughts.
"Elton John Caswell, I am so disappointing in you." Ashlyn says.
"Wait? That's what EJ stands for?" Carlos asks.
"Huh. Rocket man." Haliee says.
"Another thing I didn't know." Gina says scoffing.
"I always assumed you were like Eric Junior." Carlos says.
"My dad's name is Cash." EJ says.
"That is on brand." Carlos says.
"You guys! Jet and Maddox are siblings?" Ricky says suddenly, sitting up.
"We've moved on from that, Ricky." Summer says.
"Why do you not seem that surprised?" Ricky asks.
"Maddox already told me. On the campout." Summer says.
Gina walks out and Summer goes to follow her.
"Summer, can I'm sorry about earlier what I said. I know I... I just..." Landon starts.
"You just acted like an old version of yourself. I get it. Or maybe you never changed." Summer says.
She shakes her head before walking out.

Summer walks into the canteen to get a snack when she sees Jet sat there, by the piano.
"Hey." Summer says awkwardly. "You okay?"
"Yeah." Jet replies, clearly lying.
"What's up, talk to me." Summer says.
"You dodn't have to worry. You've got your own problems with Landon and Ricky." Jet says.
"Yeah well..." Summer says sitting on the counter. "It'll do us both good if you tell me. It will get my mind of my problems and you won't be bottling yours up, so spill."
"Ricky, told me you were like this." Jet says.
"What does that mean?" Summer asks.
"It's a good thing. He just told me that when you see someone upset, you don't care how much you've got going on, you're always there to listen to people. I can see that now." Jet says.
Summer gives him a small smile.
"So, what's wrong?" Summer asks.
"I just want to make things right with my sister." Jet tsays.
"And you don't know how to?" Summer asks, Jet shakes his head. "You know what us theater kids do when we don't know what to say or do?"
"You sing. Yeah, I know. I've already had this kind of conversation with Ricky." Jet says. "I uhm... I actually wrote a song. For Maddie, to say sorry. I know you guys are close so... could I show it to you and you can help me work on it?"
"Sure." Summer says.
Jet turns around towards the piano. He takes a breath before starting to play.

Fires always love to start around me
Thought that you'd be better off without me
Walking away was all that I could do

Swear I only had the best intentions
No idea that you would feel abandoned
You know that I'd never do that to you

I just want to go back
Everything that we had

I'm nobody perfect
I know I've made some mistakes
And maybe in your eyes I can't do nothing right
But my heart is in the right, right place
I hate that I hurt you
I wish I knew what to say
All I can do is try and hope you realize
That my heart is in the right, right place

I've had about a million chances
Blamed myself for everything that's happened
I'd like to think I'm just misunderstood, mmm
I felt so out of place, alienated
And you can't escape the trouble I'm making

If I could take it back, you know I would
I miss the you and me that we use to be

Oh, I'm nobody perfect
I know I've made some mistakes
And maybe in your eyes I can't do nothing right
But my heart is in the right, right place
I hate that I hurt you
I wish I knew what to say
All I can do is try and hope you realize
That my heart is in the right, right place

I, I wanna let you know, let you know
If you didn't know, didn't know
My heart is in the righ, right, right place.

I, I, I wanna let you know let you know
If it didn't show, didn't show
My heart is in the right, right, right place

And nobody's perfect
I know I made some mistakes
Give it a little time
And you'll realize that my heart is in the right place

At the end of the song, Summer spots Maddox in the door way, after a few moments Maddox walks away. Summer frowns at this.
"So?" Jet asked causing Summer to look at him.
"It was really good. Like, really, really good." Summer says.
"Thanks." Jet says.
"When do you want to show her, I can go find her now." Summer says.
"No, it's okay. I'll find her when I'm ready." Jet says.
Summer nods.
"I'm gonna head back to the cabin. Night, Jet." Summer says.
"Night Summer." Jet replies.
Summer gives him one more small smile before leaving.