013: What team?

"It's weird not being at rehearsal

"It's weird not being at rehearsal." Ricky says. "How stupid is that?"
Him, Summer and Big Red were all sat in Big Red's room. Ricky and Big Red were sat on some chairs while Summer was sat in the bed. The main cast and a few backup dancers had been messaged to come over so Summer could tell them her plan on getting Miss Jenn back. Kaden had messaged Ricky a few minutes ago saying he was just coming down the street.
"What if we just did the show without her?" Big Red suggests.
"I love you Big Red, but, we can't even take a picture without her." Summer says. "No offence."
"Nah, you're right, Sum." Big Red says before the doorbell goes off. "Down here, Kaden!"
"Hope it's cool I invited Stef and Rico." Kaden says coming down the stairs.
"What's up, guys." Ricky says.
The doorbell then goes off again. Before long pretty much the whole cast were in Big Red's room. Summer sat next to Alice on the drawers while Ricky sat beside her on the chair he had previously been sat in. Nini sat on the other side of Alice.
"This is a terrible party. There aren't even pretzels." Natalie says. "What are we all doing here?"
"We all ended up in the same basement after a really bad day." Ashlyn says. "So someone should say something."
"Fine, I'll say something." Carlos says cutting off Summer as she goes to tell everyone her plan. "I'm made at Miss Jenn."
"Why?" Gina asks. "Because she's got a couple skeletons in her closet?"
"No, because she's giving up." Carlos replies. "She was the first teacher to not see me as a punchline, and now she's not even a real teacher?"
"Define 'real teacher'," Alice says.
"He's got a point." Kourtney says.
"Do he though?" Natalie says.
"Guys." Big Red says.
"So,why are we all here then?" Natalie asks.
"Yeah, good question. This is a waste of time." EJ says.
"Honestly, because she gave me a shot." Carlos says. "And it's been a long time since someone gave me a shot."
"She gave me a voice." Summer says.
Not only did she mean a voice in the musical, but she gave her a voice in real life. Miss Jenn was the first and only teacher she had told about her parents. If it wasn't for Miss Jenn, she would still be stuck with them, because it's cause of the musical she became close with Ricky, Nini, Big Red and Kourtney again, and told them the truth.
"Yeah, and now nobody's gonna get to hear it because Miss Jenn screwed up." Kourtney says.
"Okay, does anyone here actually care if her past is a little sketchy?" Nini asks. "Anyone?"
"I do." Ricky says.
"Seriously, dude?" Big Red asks.
"What, because you live some perfect life?" Kourtney asks.
"Not at all." Ricky says before standing up. "Because she put our show in jeopardy. And now we're all here, maybe for the last time, together. And for some of us, this has become... I don't know."
"A family." Summer says causing Ricky to look at her with a small smile and a nod.
"What team?" Ricky asks as Summer and him continue to look at each other.
"Wildcats." Everyone says.
"Okay Wildcats, so what are we doing about it?" Ashlyn asks.
"Well, I have a plan, but you're all gonna think it's crazy." Summer says. "But, I believe we can do it."
"What is it?" Seb asks.
"The school board thinks that Miss Jenn hasn't been teaching us, right?" Summer asks causing a few people to nod. "Then let's show them what she has taught us."

__________

The theatre kids, other students, parents, the school board and Miss Jenn, all were sat in the canteen.
"Miss Jenn, it may not surprise you to learn that we have heard earfuls about your unorthodox style ever since you got to east high." The principal says. "personally, I always chalked it up to the well-known fact that people in the dramatic arts are insane."
"Thank you." Miss Jenn says.
"But now, we have news that your resume is is exaggerated. Your teaching credential is from some obscure online university, and even your official name might be some version of a stage name." The principal continues. "What do you say to this charge?"
"I have always done my best by these kids." Miss Jenn says.
"Just answer the question." The principal tells her.
"Excuse me." Ricky's dad says standing up. Ricky looks at him confused before looking at Summer who was sat opposite him with Nini and Alice. She gives him a small smile before turning back to Mike. "can I say something."
"i'm sorry. We're not opening up the floor to parents on this." The principal says.
"Let him speak." Nini's mom tells him.
"Go ahead Mister Bowen." The principal says.
"I'm a little late to this party, but I gotta say the real crime here would be booting a teacher who's making a positive impact. I never seen my kid this invested in anything. And I don't that's something we should punish." Mike says. "Your... honour."
"Mister Bowen, I appreciate your statement but I think we can all agree that theatre isn't unique in this regard." The principal says. "It doesn't have some special fairy dust that can't be filled by another extracurricular." Kourtney then starts humming. "What's that? Who's humming?"
All the theatre kids stand up and start humming as well. Kourtney then lifts up a speaker as Big Red runs down from the balcony where he was stood with Kourtney.