007: Voicemail

There's a lot that had happened since Summer had distanced herself from everyone

There's a lot that had happened since Summer had distanced herself from everyone. Nini and Kourtney had stolen a lot of Gina's stuff as they believed Gina was the one to take Summer and Nini's phone so she could play Gabriella. Ricky and Big Red had been trying to come up with a way they could get Summer to see the person Landon really was, Ricky had also started to see that what Big Red had been saying was right. Ricky Bowen was head over heels for Summer Jones, he always had been. He did like Nini, but the feelings he had for her could never compare to the feelings he had for Summer. And that's why he couldn't bring himself to say those three words to Nini. He had became so distracted with the idea of having to like Nini that he forced himself to believe what he was feeling for Summer he was feeling for her instead. But that's all changed. And Ricky would do anything to keep his best friend from having her heart broken.

__________

Ricky, EJ, Landon and another members of the ensemble were in the bomb shelter waiting for Miss Jenn. They were going to be practising a small scene.
"Troy and Chad." Miss Jenn says coming into the room. "Scene 45. Let's go." Everyone gets into their positions. "Okay, let's take it from the top. And remember, these two boys are 'best bros'. Which is a sacred thing, for reasons I will never understand. Ready?"
They start to do the scene.
"We had a meeting about how we haven't been acting like a team, Troy. Us, not you. And this whole singing thing..." EJ says.
"I don't want to talk about it." Ricky cuts in.
"We just want you to know that we're gonna be there cheering for you." EJ says taking a step forward.
"Huh?" Ricky says.
"Win or lose... we're teammates." EJ says before punching Ricky's shoulder. "Even if you turn out to be the worst singer in the world."
"And you're not gonna hear me sing, dudes, because Gabriella won't even talk to me, and I don't know why." Ricky says, that line being more true then anyone knew.
"Okay!" Miss Jenn says. "That was okay. But it was a little stiff. Let's loosen up, pass some energy back and forth. Let's use the ball and improvise. Landon why don't you join them. Landon passes to Ricky, Ricky passes to EJ and EJ passes to Landon."
Miss Jenn had seen the glares Landon and Ricky had been sending to each other and she had a feeling she knew what it was about. It was all about a certain brunette.
"Just say whatever?" EJ asks after Landon had passed him to ball.
"Chad it up." Miss Jenn tells him.
"Uhm okay, We've not known each other long but we've become good friends, and I'm so happy we have." EJ says to Landon before throwing him the ball.
"Troy, you're the best player we got. We're so lucky." Landon says throwing the ball to Ricky.
"Wouldn't be anything without the either of you." Ricky says before throwing the ball to EJ.
"The way you pretend to play basketball is really inspiring." EJ says looking at Ricky before throwing the ball to Landon.
"I'm sure you're not that bad of a singer." Landon says before throwing the ball at Ricky.
"Thanks, bros, and the way you dance is totally normal and not at all weird for a high school kid." Ricky says before throwing the ball to EJ.
"You deserve everything that's coming your way." EJ says glaring at Ricky and passing the ball to Landon.
"Absolutely everything." Landon adds throwing the ball at Ricky.
"Back at you, dudes." Ricky says before throwing the ball to EJ.
The boys list off random numbers throwing the ball to each other, before Ricky throws it so it hit's EJ's nose, EJ manged to hit it away right after it hit him only for it to also hit Landon causes his lip to bust open.
"Okay, okay, okay. Major overcorrect." Miss Jenn says. "Let's take a soft ten. "EJ, Landon, honeys , let's get you both some ice."
EJ and Landon walk out blood coming from their lips and nose. Miss Jenn goes to go with them but Mr Mazzara enters and the two teachers step out the room.

EJ and Landon were in the toilets trying to get the blood off their shirts when Ricky walked in.
"Hey, man, how's the lip and nose?" Ricky asks.
"All good." EJ answers.
"Listen I don't know what happened out there. It was an accident." Ricky says.
"Really?" Landon asks. "'Cause 'infinity plus one' sounded pretty real."
"That's not even a number." Ricky says.
"Do me a favour and stay away from me and Nini, okay?" EJ says.
"Also stay away from me and Summer." Landon adds.
"Excuse me?" Ricky asks.
"Don't act like our best friend, or their boyfriend." EJ says. "Just stop acting, period. Why can't you just be real?"
"Listen, I'm just trying to make the best out of a bad situation..." Ricky starts.
"Stop trying, Ricky. Don't try so hard! It's embarassing." Landon says.
"Guys, I'm just trying to say that I'm sorry." Ricky says.
"You want to apologise? You can start with that thirsty voicemail you left for Summer." Landon tells him. "Okay, she doesn't need to hear from you anymore."
"What did you just say?" Ricky asks as the other two boys grab their things.
"Just go home." EJ tells him before him and Landon leave.

__________

"Hey Summer!" Ricky shouts running out the school. Summer stops walking as Ricky runs in front of her. "I have to say something to you. I know you no longer see me as your best friend anymore. I get that. What I did was awful. But... I thought there was still a little trust left between us. I thought that still meant something to you."
"I can't do this right now." Summer tells him.
"Fine. Okay." Ricky says. "But the next time I spill my guts out to you in a voicemail, do me a favour and keep it to yourself. I don't need to be hearing from Landon that it's wrong and stupid."
"Wait, what voicemail?" Summer asks.
"What do you mean?" Ricky asks.
"You heard this from Landon?" Summer asks. "I got to go."
Summer then walks away.

__________

Summer's parents had decided to go to the pub for the third time that week. It was Thursday.
Summer was sat at the breakfast bar on her laptop doing homework. She had an email from one of her teachers asking for her assessment causing her to roll her eyes.
"What's that eye roll about?" Ellie asks.
"Just a teacher asking for an assessment." Summer answers.
"Have you done it?" Ellie asks.
"Somehow I found the time to with rehearsals." Summer says.
"Cool, can I have some ice cream?" Ellie asks.
"Let me see if there's any in the freezer. If not we'll go out and get some." Summer says getting up.
Summer finds some ice cream and divides it into two bowls before they sit down together eating it.
"So, when can I meet your boyfriend?" Ellie asks.
"Soon." Summer answers.
"I'm so sad your rehearsal I was meant to go to was cancelled. Can I go to next monday's rehearsal?" Ellie asks.
"Of course you can." Summer tells her.
"Yay!" Ellie says.
Summer's phone then goes off and she sees Landon calling her.
"Do you want to go upstairs, go into my room and pick a movie, I'll be up there soon." Summer tells Ellie.
"Okay." Ellie says before going upstairs.
"Hey Lan." Summer says.
"Hey, want to do something tomorrow?" Landon asks.
"Can't we got school, then rehearsal then I have work." Summer explains.
"Can you just call in sick to work?" Landon asks.
"No I can't, sorry." Summer says.
"Come on, you can't be serious, Summer!" She hears  familiar voice say.
"Was that Delilah?" Summer asks as she hears Landon and he person whispering to each other.
"Yeah, our parents all went out to dinner together so we decided to hangout." Landon says.
"Oh, uhm... okay. Hi Delilah." Summer says.
"Hey Sum, so, please call in sick to work and hangout with us, me and Steph haven't seen you in ages with the production." Delilah says.
"Guys, I can't. I'm sorry. I have to go. Ellie's waiting for me. I'll see you tomorrow." Summer says before hanging up.
She closes her laptop down before picking it up and going upstairs to her room where Ellie was waiting for her.