009: The Crash And Burn

Ricky was at Big Red's

Ricky was at Big Red's. Things at his house weren't good at all so he was spending the night at Big Red's,
"Tell me when to stop. Do you like it hard or soft?" Ricky asks blowing up the air mattress for Ricky.
"Are you sure this is even a bed?" Ricky asks.
"Can you sleep on a pool toy?" Big Red questions.
"Leave it. I can just sleep on the floor." Ricky tells him.
"Do you're parents know you're staying over? Are they cool with this?" Big Red asks.
"I texted 'em, but I'm not asking for permission." Ricky answers.
"They're gonna work it out." Big Red tries to reassure him.
"No they're not." Ricky responds.
"Okay, cool. Do you want to play fortnite?"Big Red asks.
"No." Ricky answers.
"Watch a movie?" Big red suggests.
"Not tonight." Ricky says.
"Great, well, youtube. I found this insane video of a girl in Delaware who says she got rid of her psoriasis by eating her dogs kibble." Big red says.
"Gross." Ricky says before his phone goes off.
"Who is it?" Big Red asks.
"Nini." Ricky says confused.
"Are you going to answer it?" Big Red questions.
"No. It's probably just her calling to have a go at me about something." Ricky answers declining the call.
He goes to put his phone back in his pocket but gets a voicemail notification from Nini.
"Well, if she's left you a voicemail it must be important." Big Red says.
Ricky sighs and nods before pressing on the notification putting it on speaker so Big Red could hear as well.
'Ricky you need to get to the hospital, now! It's Summer.'

__________

Ricky and Big Red run through the doors to the hospital looking around the waiting room, until their eyes finally land on Nini, Kourtney and Miss Jenn.
"Guys!" Ricky shouts running over. "W- what happened? Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay? Is Summer okay?"
"Ricky, you need to take a breathe, okay." Miss Jenn tells him calmly. "We still haven't had an update. I'll go to the front desk and see if I can find out anything."
The four teenagers nod before Miss Jenn leaves.
"Guys, what happened?" Big Red asks Ricky starts pacing.
"After everyone left after Miss Jenn finished rehearsals early it was just us and Summer. As Summer was going to leave she stumbled and knocked over a few chairs, we ran over to help her but she went to take another step and she just blacked out and collapsed to the floor.
"What could of caused this?" Ricky asks. "Could it be because she keeps on getting overheated by dancing with a sweater on? Or something else?"
"No idea." Kourtney says before Miss Jenn comes over.
"They aren't able to tell us until Summer's emergency contacts get here." Miss Jenn tells them.
"So we're all about to meet her parents?" Big Red asks.
"That's the thing, her emergency contacts are not her parents." She says.
"Then who are they?" Nini asks.
"Nini, Ricky, her emergency contacts are you parents." Miss Jenn tells them.
"What?" Ricky asks. "Why would she have our parents and not her own?"
"Don't know. Maybe her parents are always out of town." Miss Jenn suggests.
"She always says that, but... what if that's not true." Ricky says.
"Why else?" Big Red asks.
"I don't know, I just have a feeling she isn't telling us something." Ricky says.

Ricky's dad and Nini's mom arrive and join the four teenagers and Miss Jenn. A doctor also comes over to them.
"Are you guys here for Summer Jones?" The doctor asks.
"Yes we are, is she okay?" Ricky's dad asks.
"Well, we had to pump her stomach. There was high traces of alcohol and drugs in her system. And there where loads of bruises all over her body." The doctor explains.
"What?" They all say at the same time.
"She's still sleeping off the anaesthesia but you guys are welcome to go see her." The doctor tells her.
"Thank you." One of Nini's moms say before the doctor walks away.